Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dratten
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #911
amen!

Kogarvandalin
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #912
My server is 3 to 1 Imps to Pubs. What extra Ilums is going to do is make it so I have Ilums with 0 pubs.

Please stop this band aid fixing and turn it back to what it was. And just come up with a long term solution.

Maybe 5 objectives like before and 5 kills while holding an objective that is within range.

Noiseconspiracy
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #913
As having grinded valor out to level 58 before this patch all I can say if there is no rollback I will be canceling my account before the 20th. This is gamebreaking.

galactichorizon
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #914
/Bug: The Darkside IS stronger.

Luke: But...is the dark side stronger master Yoda?
Yoda: No. Quicker. Easier. More seductive. Also...they have better gear.

Starbuckx
01.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #915
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
Instead of a full rollback, simply cap the Valor earned today to something reasonable.

The solution should be allowing players from each fraction to become 'free agents' so they can join the other side to balance things out. To encourage this, reduce the valor gained on the side with overwhelming numbers exponentially, so 1:1 gives 100% of valor with bonus, 2:1 gives 10% of valor. 3:1 is 1%, etc. As a casual PvP player, all I is a 'balanced match'. There is no fun in ganking 10:1 or being ganked 10:1.
There are going to be caps, so each instance should be balanced. Assuming this is how the instancing works.

People should not be allowed to go to a server that is one sided.

How has Illum instancing been designed?

Zaidane
01.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #916
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireline View Post
what exploit?

Me and the rest of the server were just killing republics, like the game intends us to do.

It is PvP after all
In a replublic base, where your not even supposed to be able to get to. I dont care if you get banned since you'll be the one crying when the only people you can pvp are same faction failball games.

darthtoph
01.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #917
Quote: Originally Posted by VXBlade View Post
Never seen it. Fix your computer for gaming (and before a response with all games you have that work just fine, seriously fix your broken client running junk)
It's a confirmed bug caused by the 1.1 Patch. Many peeps have reported it. Try again.

It's also worrying when you can run BF3 in Ultra mode and 16x MSAA but SWTOR can't even handle 20v20 open world PvP in Ilum with everything set to low and Vsync turned off...
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

SlyDisciple
01.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #918
Just cancelled my account.
"Intensify the forward batteries. I don't want anything to get through…Intensify forward firepower!"

Bregah
01.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #919
Quote: Originally Posted by GabeAmatangelo View Post
[color=#f9d648]We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.
Your PvP development team has to be the worst I've ever seen in an MMO.

These problems were predicted by me, a scrub gamer, over a year ago (the totally obvious incoming faction imbalance) and by your PTR testers while 1.1 was on the PTR.

Yet you still push it live.

But hey, we do still have an absolutely trash UI, so thanks!

Dannyj_
01.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #920
do we need to say more?