No sound of warzone pop while alt tabbed.

vermura

This is an old issue, but geez, should be easy enough to fix. If I alt tab, I hear all game sounds, except the only one I care about: when a warzone pops. So, I can't alt tab and browse the forums or do other things while waiting, I have to keep swtor "active".

Please fix, k go.

This is an old issue, but geez, should be easy enough to fix. If I alt tab, I hear all game sounds, except the only one I care about: when a warzone pops. So, I can't alt tab and browse the forums or do other things while waiting, I have to keep swtor "active".

Please fix, k go.

Signed. :cool:

that's a preferences setting > sound > check enable background audio.

I'd also make sure you're playing in full screen windowed. although that may only matter if, like me, you use multiple screens. it's also more resource intensive.

edit: sry. didn't read entire post. sounds like a local file issue to me.

Edited by foxmob

• 2 years later...

Have same problem, Bioware tell me that this is problem with my sound driver but i don't think so. This is so weird that all sounds working well except this one. I tryed turn off background sound in preferences and then turn on but it don't help.

If anyone found reason and solve this problem?

Have same problem, Bioware tell me that this is problem with my sound driver but i don't think so. This is so weird that all sounds working well except this one. I tryed turn off background sound in preferences and then turn on but it don't help.

If anyone found reason and solve this problem?

Yeah I solved the problem; when I was tabbed out watching romance videos I used to leave the sound on. Then I found the mute button; now I only miss the pop when I'm getting fresh socks.

Yeah I solved the problem; when I was tabbed out watching romance videos I used to leave the sound on. Then I found the mute button; now I only miss the pop when I'm getting fresh socks.

But I want to hear this WZ pops during hide game. Just want to know how somebody repair this issue and after that hearing all sounds also with WZ pops. I used already repair option from launcher but after that nothing change.

In game there is option for turn on/off game sound in background during close to desktop. So maybe somehow for this one sound is always turned off this option. But I don't know how to check it and where.

Its so annoying when I waiting for WZ and during this time I want look on websites and when I back to game for a some time i only hearing sound which inform me that I missed WZ :(

Just let the socks dry, problem solved.

I did it, but still don't hearing WZ pops rest sounds are hearing fine. I don't know what is different is between this wz pops and rest sound. If I to be honest I want exactly reverse situation :) because most important for me is workable wz pops sound in background. I completely don't know why doesn't work, where is problem (game or my drivers) and how repair it.

• 1 year later...

Please fix, k go.[/quote

I wish when you are alt-tabbed out that the game box on the task bar below would at least blink orange to alert you that a queue has popped. Like most programs when they are alt tabbed out and something in that program wants to alert you the box goes orange, that should be easy for devs to do, lets get that feature.

• 9 months later...

Hey

Just saw this thread and thought i'd pop in with a tip that works for me:

-Try setting the game to Fullscreen (Windowed) instead of regular Fullscreen.

//Twin

Edit: And sorry for the necro, just thougt it could be useful info =)

Edited by Twin

Please fix, k go.

/signed... please fix ;)

surely in your boredom you could have found a better topic to necro. This is terrible.

Well, i had this very same problem since i came back about a week ago. And since all i do is pvp, it was quite annoying not hearing the sound when a wz pops. So i searched and found this post, but with no solution.

Then i remembered (Ya inorite!? Im old!) what i did to solve it in the past (set the game to fullscreen windowed) and thought i might actually help someone in the same situation.

Im very sorry if this necro took a toll on you though, and will make sure to pray for your fast recovery! =)

//Twin