Keith and Eric, Is the new Umbara Stronghold just a train?

xmarcusprimex

That is my question I keep asking around in various places, but have failed to get an official answer as of yet that I know of: Is the new Umbara Stronghold that is coming out in 5.4, is the entire thing just a moving train for a stronghold, OR is the moving train aspect a part of a larger stationary Stronghold on Umbara?

Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. -Keith Kanneg

Could go either way from that scant bit we officially know about it. I would like to sort of plan it in advance whom might live there, and whatnot. But say a ground based Stronghold with a moving train aspect on Umbara would be great for a Sith Lord, but an entire moving train only would be awesome for an Agent or Bounty Hunter.

You don't have to tell us anything new about this if you are waiting for a certain time to unload all the nitty gritty.. Just if you could just clarify what you have already said. Thanks!

Edited by xmarcusprimex

I would just love it if any of them would just acknowledge I asked a question. Here, or all the other places I asked. Even if it's a "Can't talk now, left the oven on at home" or just drive by in a banged-up lowrider landspeeder and mooning the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean the train would move between the point A and point B within the stronghold ? thats curious thought/idea.

Well i dont know,but it seems the stronghold is the train [only?],but its just guess,since current informations about it are bit vague,and waiting between something new is added into swtor is annoying long.

Edited by REVAN_cz

Is that in-game footage? ;)

edit: I gotta ask...how the hell did you know that clip even existed lol?

I remembered the anime series, that particular clip of the intro was the first find.

Galaxy Express 999 was the first thing I thought of when I heard of a train stronghold :)

It's kind of the focal point of the works of Leiji Matsumoto

(Captain Harlock? Queen Millennia? Queen Emeraldas?) Guess I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

As long as there aren't gaps between carriages I can fall down I don't care what it is.

Dying in my own stronghold should not be a thing.

You can die in most SH's, if not all. Why would the train be any different?:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

I am hoping tis more than a train.

I need expansive exploration area (Yavin).

get yourself a narrowboat and find yourself on a journey on the grand union canal. just because space is at a premium on such a vehicle doesn't mean it can't be used as a good home on the water.

you don't need massive mansion like rooms to have a nice home. and a smaller stronghold would be something new.

get yourself a narrowboat and find yourself on a journey on the grand union canal. just because space is at a premium on such a vehicle doesn't mean it can't be used as a good home on the water.

you don't need massive mansion like rooms to have a nice home. and a smaller stronghold would be something new.

Yeah I'd love a small SH!

Why a train and not a flying Silver Bullet trailer? Dragged by a flying Honda Goldwing trike ? And equipped with flying brooms for Sith Sorcerers? Look at the bright side, you could play that game from Harry Potter, the one involving flying brooms. Edited by notanjelika