***PETITION*** Place "Crest of the Dread Master" in Cartel Market!

A lot of people have been discussing the mask that drops from the newly-integrated secret boss of SV, the Hateful Entity. The mask that drops from Dreadtooth is great, but if a 16M group of TOR experts had trouble, no one is really going to get the mask. Not to mention you'd have to get 70+ rated gear.

With 10 mil HP and pretty hardcore attacks, this boss is kinda overpowered. Keep the boss, have it drop the masks still, but an absolutely epic piece of equipment like that needs to be readily available.

I suggest placing the "Crest of the Dread Master" in the Cartel Market, maybe even just for a limited time. Say, 5500 cartel coins?

Do YOU agree? If yes, add your signature!

Crest of the Dreadmaster is a LEGENDARY ITEM.

It requires you defeat 10stacks DT,

HM 16Man TFB

HM16 S&V and kill the hardest boss thusly.

Why should the rarest item in the game be plastered in the CM?

I believe the actual idea OP is really going for is to include a mask similar to the Dread Masters on the CM, rather than the actual Crest itself.

As for on the CM, I wouldn't want to see the Dread Master design on there at all either, but I would like to see more variations of the item in game, as expecting to clear the hardest boss overall to obtain a mask similar to the Dread Masters is kind of much, IMO. After all, with every super unique item in the game, there is another version that is somewhat obtainable for any player available (IE, the Desert Kell Drake from HM SV vs the Swamp Kell Drake from BBA rep+creds)

Which for a mask design like that, I would love to see them possibly add in a variation somewhere in game that is more realistically obtainable.

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to see a mask of similar design, perhaps not identical, but as the Cartel Market is almost purely a vanity thing, I don't see the harm it does to those who go on Ops to include similar things for purchase.It's not like the Cartel gear is pre-modded. I really really would spend 10000CC to get a mask like that, I think that is a bit too expensive for most people, but people like the mask and I expect Bioware is happy when I happily spend CCs.

• 2 months later...
I would like to see a mask of similar design, perhaps not identical, but as the Cartel Market is almost purely a vanity thing, I don't see the harm it does to those who go on Ops to include similar things for purchase.It's not like the Cartel gear is pre-modded. I really really would spend 10000CC to get a mask like that, I think that is a bit too expensive for most people, but people like the mask and I expect Bioware is happy when I happily spend CCs.

If i had to go through all the pain of clearing all the stuff listed above i'd expect to be winning something unique, that shows that i'm actually worth something as a player rather than being a rich braindead anyone. The crest should remain a legendary drop. If you really want it then make an effort.

Needless to say, dear OP, NO.

Edited by Kawabonga

How would we get a hold of such? The Dread Masters certainly aren't giving up their gear and selling it to the highest bidders. You want want they have? Earn it. There are too many posts lately asking for items that have to be earned to now be sold on the CM. The NiM EC speeder, the Red Sphere, this, and others. It's getting to be a little silly.

NO, just NO... I don't have one (YET), but I certainly know the pains to get one are not easy. Making it care bear buyable on CM is a worse idea than DEV's L2P and H2F commentary on Sage/Sorcs.

It looks crap but it's the only item right now which can be even considered legendary. There is nothing else in the game that requires as much effort to get it as the crest.

Totally agree with Alec! They need more Legendary items like this that are a PAIN to actually accomplish in order to get. Don't make it a meaningless achievement by splashing into CM.

Couple Suggestions:

• Make it BOUND to LEGACY (So the four people of sixteen can move it around toons).
  • Put some REAL MOD'S into. Popping 69's into them was kind of silly ATM.
  • NEVER, NEVER put it on Cartel Market (Even a reskin of it). RUINS the accomplishment (IMHO)

Can't tell if serious or expertly trolling the "we need more good-looking gear from drops, less on the CM" crowd.

If serious then I join the chorus of "heck no". I'm fine with the lion's share of good-looking shells being on the CM, it's a good way to raise revenue, but if BW/EA's making the choice to only have a few hard-to-get items through gameplay, those items should definitely never be on the CM.

No again. These items are still in the game. You just have to *earn* the valor rank to wear it.

Not entirely. Opening up their old sets. (all the old masks) and their robes wouldn't be as bad.

1. Only Sith Assassins and Sith Sorc's can benefit from the valor set. as it is light armor.

2. Belt, and Bracers, (and the dreadmasters don't have puffy gloves like the valor set) are not moddable or available

3. Being adaptive would let marauders and juggernaughts join in, and Darkside RP jedi's aswell.

4. Pubs would have access to this set.

All in all. Their OLD sets. (old masks and current robes) I would be ok with.

• 1 month later...

I like the LEGACY BOUND and more Variations, plus getting the old full Endgame sets back would be epic too, especially for ADAPTIVE GEAR.

But also wish you could 'unlock' the Mask for yourself in another way too.

Here is the idea: Once you get it, if you're lucky - the CREST OF THE DREAD MASTER - you could be able to buy it for one more char, but then also need to earn that in another way - solo perhaps, so it would be slightly easier to get it - get. Otherwise, NO to buying it over and over.

And, more versions of it. Getting the exact same mask when there are 6 versions of it - 7 with the one without the extending crests - for NPCS, uuuuuuuuuuuuhhh a little dull. Fashion-wise.

On that note though - if they mask IS added to the Cartel Market - or MASKS, make them either MADDENINGLY RARE - SUper Rare x.... 1000 or something? At least in a pack. Or if it can be bought straight off, make it even MORE rare - instead if you didnt get it, you'd either get a CC refund - half or something, or get another normal rare to Super rare item instead.

But otherwies, just follow the other ideas - Bound to Legacy and all that, and get the old Endgame/PvP sets back up. And 6 mask versions instead of just the Single One. Variation is GOOD!

Edit:

So, I partially sign this petition, but dont make it CERTAIN you'll get the mask, but make it a bit as LUCK AND CHANCE - either you get it, if lucky - will still be bound to Legacy, so it cannot be sold for maybe 1 000 000 000 frupping Credits.

If you DONT get it, which is STUPIDLY LIKELY, you could get around 300-600k Credits, or any of the Super rares - could be a full set sometimes. OR you just get some, most or all of the CC back. The Game will simply Auto-/roll for you.

Adding a bunch of fair chance here if this would be done. So I try to please both those that DONT want the mask on CM, or want it hard to get, and please those that WANT IT on the CM.

This is my ideas. Hope they'll be put to good use.

Edited by Balnazaar

I have to agree. NO NO, a thousand times NO. No remakes, no nothing. Yeah it's hard to get but like it was said, it totally ruins the achievement and the hard work these guilds who have downed it, put in to actually getting it. You want it? Get a group together and go after it. It would be nice if they released the old battlemaster sets to the cm or just re-released them period so you have armor that is similar to the Dread Masters but in no way, shape or form, should the crest be made available on the CM.

Lol at all the PvE heroes whining about this, you didn't seem to be worried about "legendary" items when the Ranked PvP awards were announced.

I think in addition to the mask we should get the NiM EC tank and Titan 6 mount. Different colors of course, so that the PvE heroes can keep some uniqueness.

Except there is no way to earn them through pvp, only pve. Whereas the rancor can be earned through both pve and pvp. PVErs always want to be the special snowflakes.

How is that remotely the same?

Giraddas Rancor quote. "GIRADDAS" was said to be exclusive to PVP. Not the "Rancor" name itself. IF you didn't expect them to make the corrupted mecha rancor as a mount for PvE, then thats just blind ambition.

Now then. This is about the LEGENDARY HELMET When they are Legendary status that means there is only 1 method to get them, and 1 method only. They stay 110% unique like in all games.

In Fable Anniversary there is only one way to get The Sword of Aeons or Avo's Tear or Archon's Armor

In Lord of the Rings there is only one way to get Narsil

In Kingdom Hearts there is only one way to get the Ultima Weapon

In World of Warcraft there is only one way to get their specific Legendaries.

There can only be one way to get the Crest of the Dread Masters.

• 8 months later...
I agree with most opposed to this piece being whored out on the CM for any wannabe to buy with a few coins to their name. However, I do feel that a mask of similar style or feel, more like the Dread Guard's Corrupted Mask, could be made available to those with "Legend" reputation, perhaps, with the Dread Executioners on Oricon, for a large sum of credits (i.e. 500k), and without all of the wonderful mods found on the Dreadtooth boss's dropped version. I believe these other hardcore players should not feel as cheated out of their hard work if the item were available in this particular way. The lesser mask could even be a color other than gold... like silver, or copper, to signify that it's owner is not as "bad- *A*" as someone with a golden dgc mask. This is namely for those fans of the dread masters who want it bad enough to blow a lot of time and in-game credits but don't have enough friends in-game to accomplish an 8-man, let alone a 24-man, operation. Either way the actual Crest of the Dread Master headgear should be out of the question as far as I'm concerned. If you want that exact item then earn it, however you have to accomplish it. Edited by Xironus-Omega