Old Augment Slots

DiabloDoom

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love for a dev or forum mod to respond and possibly answer on this.

In concern to Augment slots. Gear with already existing augment slots, when you go to change the augment in the gear it requires you to upgrade using one of the craftable MK kits. Is this a bug or as intended? It seems wrong considering the amount of time and money spent to crit craft gear, to only have to then buy an MK kit to upgrade the already existing augment slot(Gear is Battlemaster crit crafted orange gear, which to my knowledge should already have the appropriate augment slot when crit crafted).

I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading something about needing to equip MK-6 augs in open augment slots prior to 1.3 to enable that augment slot as a MK-6 aug slot.

I had my augment slots filled with Resolve Augment 22's. Upon removing the augment and attempting to install another 22 I had, it gave me the message that was screenied by the poster above. So no that would be incorrect. I'm assuming it is a huge bug.

I had my augment slots filled with Resolve Augment 22's. Upon removing the augment and attempting to install another 22 I had, it gave me the message that was screenied by the poster above. So no that would be incorrect. I'm assuming it is a huge bug.

If you have the same issue after removing Rank 22 augs, sounds like BW needs to rectify this situation asap. Especially before most folks get home from work.

I am confused as to why this is an issue. It was explained in Q & A and had been in the patch notes for a while. Reading comprehension failure maybe?:rolleyes:

So spending hours creating BM augmented kit where I now can't use the slots I crafted isn't an issue?

Also, reading comprehension? Assuming that I read the notes .... Anyway, point me to where it states that the aug slots are made obsolete.

Edited by DiabloDoom

If you have the same issue after removing Rank 22 augs, sounds like BW needs to rectify this situation asap. Especially before most folks get home from work.

By god yes they do, because I don't really want to spend another 1 mill plus making/buying MK-6 augment kits when it should already have the MK-6 augment slot.

I had augments already crafted b4 this patch along with augmented BM gear, now when I go to put those augs in I can't.

As discussed in the Q&A, unslotted crit gear has the augment slot converted to whatever level of the base gear without mods. Not sure what level your gear is...for example, if you had a level 11 orange gear shell with no augments in it, then it would get a level appropriate augment slot upon 1.3 being released.

If you had the augments already crafted and the augmented gear already crafted, then why did you wait until right after 1.3 was released to put the augments in? You could have done that ahead of time.

Edited by JimG

I am confused as to why this is an issue. It was explained in Q & A and had been in the patch notes for a while. Reading comprehension failure maybe?:rolleyes:

Please show me anywhere in the Q&A or patch notes that state currently augmented 49+ orange crit crafted gear will have to have their already existing augment slots upgraded. Having a piece of gear with an existing highest level augment exists fine, but attempting to change for another augment causing it to say the augment slot on the gear needs upgrading is a bug. Maybe you should be less condescending and have some reading comprehension yourself.

As discussed in the Q&A, unslotted crit gear has the augment slot converted to whatever level of the base gear without mods. Not sure what level your gear is, but if you had a level 11 orange gear shell with no augments in it, then it would get a level appropriate augment slot upon 1.3 being released.

If you had the augments already crafted and the augmented gear already crafted, then why did you wait until right after 1.3 was released to put the augments in? You could have done that ahead of time.

Because I'm not valor 60 yet why do you want to know? BM gear is lvl 50, so no you're wrong.

I missed it. could you direct me please.

The patch notes say

Augmentation Slots

Item Modification Tables in the game world now provide players with the ability to add augmentation slots to armor (head, chest, wrists, legs, feet, waist), earpieces, implants, relics, main and off hand items (knives, shotguns, generators, shields, foci), and droid armor (sensors, cores, motors, and parts).

To install or upgrade an augmentation slot, the following requirements must be met.

The target item must be Premium (green) in quality or better.

The player must have enough credits to cover the installation fee, which varies based on item level, quality, and equipment type.

The player must have an augmentation kit of the appropriate rank which will be consumed in the process.

Installing an augmentation slot binds the target item to the player.

Augmentation slots are tiered in rank, and can only accept augments up to their rank. Augmentation slots can be upgraded to a higher tier through the Item Modification Table.

Mod extraction costs have been reduced by 30%.

I don't see anything about crit crafted gear with augment slots already. The again, I am working on two hours of sleep and may be looking right past it.

Now THAT sounds like a bug and hopefully you submitted a customer support ticket on that. Knowing that the augment slots would be converted for unslotted gear, I purposefully slotted green augment 22's in some gear to make sure the gear got the top tier augment slot on the conversion so I can later add purple augment 22's without having to use an augment kit.

As discussed in the Q&A, unslotted crit gear has the augment slot converted to whatever level of the base gear without mods. Not sure what level your gear is...for example, if you had a level 11 orange gear shell with no augments in it, then it would get a level appropriate augment slot upon 1.3 being released.

For myself, gear was already augmented, with Resolve Augment 22 already in the gear. Attempting to change the augment out caused the same message of the augment slot is not a high enough level. Due to the nerfs I received I was re balancing my stats. No where in the Q&A or patch notes accommodates for this scenario hence to me it is a bug, unless someone can point me to a clarification. Sorry if this comes off as aggressive towards you, not in any way meant to.

Eh whatever. Customer service can just go ahead and sen me the 3 dozen mk6 kits they owe me. I don't wanna hear about updates, patch notes or anything else. I want my stuff that I spent hours on working as it did. I play, I don't sit around reading notes, diaries or any other garbage.

Stop screwing up already. It's something every time. Get it right and if you can't do be bothered to do that then make it right.

Your complete disregard and respect for our time is literally sickening.

Just get it done.

I am having the exact same problem with an augmented Elegant Blaster. It's a level 50 item, so the augment slot should be Tier 6. I also had a lvl 49 Artefact augment in the slot. Today I removed it and wanted to insert another Artefact augment, but I am getting the error message that I need a more powerful slot. How a bug like this could go live after weeks on PTS is beyond me.