Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

subscriber

yes I spend money on cartel packs, almost $500 so far...because I can <shrug>

I hate what they did to the phantom armor. I thought I had the equivalent of the little black dress for my female smuggler and yummy corso, and now I look like I have a blow up doll around my neck. Given that I am biochem with diplomacy, I am light 5 already...BUT I have stupid red hazard dots on my body too. Wasted...wasted, credits and real money. I get you need to make money, but I have items bound to me I will never use, can't sell, can't vendor, I hate what you did to the armor I already had and really liked, and you changed it because of some whining kids. Don't you know big shoulders went out about 70 or 80 years ago.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its fair to call the people who affected this change, whiny kids. This is a situation where both sides have legitimate gripes. It went well for those who bought based on the pictures, it went badly for those who bought based on the preview and how the items looked in game. Everyone got scammed (not intentionally, though). It was rectified for some, but not for the majority. I just hate the way that my toons look now, in game credits lost or not is irrelevant. I pay for my subscription, and my subscription includes the ability to dress up my characters and participate in the economy. I will never buy cartel items now, either for in game currency or real life cash, I just can't trust that Bioware isn't going to sneak into my closet in the middle of the night and change my outfits without my consent. Sure, they own the content, but I own my wallet. I can easily just walk away with my wallet, too. And I know that they want whats in my wallet. I just hope they will do the right thing.

And nothing.

Don't think we forgot: I'm not spending a dime until this is fixed.

Same here, actually. This change (without warning) is kinda the straw that broke the camel's back for me. And that camel had a lot of straws on its back. I'm not quitting the game, but I am reverting to F2P. Already wasted my credits on in game unlocks and warzone passes. Not giving Bioware any more money until they take the game in the right direction again. This is a relatively minor gripe but... Jedi consulars have like zero good looking items. The spymaster's chest was awesome, and for the first time ever I really liked the looks on my consular.

Character looks is important to me.

ATT: DamionSchubert and JovethGonzalez

Today i got a reply to my ticket(Ticket number: 7714886) regarding the changes to the Phantom gear.

Can you please shed some light on the reply i got, since i find it both worrying and that it contradicts DamionSchubert reply from last week in this thread.

Here is a quote of the reply, and i highlighted what bothers me.

01/15/2013 - SWTOR CSR: Hello Nanaja,

My name is Mark from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service and i have reviewed your in-game ticket.

We would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket and we are also sorry to hear that you have some concerns with recent changes made with Phantom Chestguard and accompanying items.

From time to time, based on a varity of factors such as player metrics and other forms of feedback, the development team will make adjustments to certain items in order to provide as much balance as possible. We would like to assure you that these changes are intended are never introduced lightly.

The decisions to make these changes are only ever implemented to benefit the player base as a whole. Because of this, we are unable to swap, refund or affect any items that have been adjusted by a game content change.

If you have any feedback or suggestions that you would like to bring to attention of the development teamin relation to these changes, please post them in this Suggestion Box of ourcommunity forumsat the following link so that they canbe seen by the Development team: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and constantly looking forfeedback from our players.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for yuor understanding on this matter. Should you reuier further assistance with any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Mark

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So please can either DamionSchubert and/or JovethGonzalez give me/us a reply on what really will happen, will the ones of us who want the old 'pre-patch' look back... get it or not?

Help me DamionSchubert, you are my only hope!

Edited by PeterGun-SWE

It's incredible that BW can't make a unified decision on a simple issue.

Multiple contradicting BW posts and CS replies, leaving players wondering what really is going on.

Don't these guys have team meetings? "Guys, these are the most pressing / widespread complaints for this week. This is the approach we are taking, everyone please make sure to use the same reply when addressing CS/forum issues."

Is it that hard?

Edited by ParagonAX

Jumped on this morning thinking there would be a fix, for sure, for this...nope.

I've spent the past week looking at the three toons with this armor on, with mild irritation. I really don't want to play them until this is fixed. I spent a pretty penny getting them and will not be spending additional in-game credits to change the character's look(s) because the game company decided to change the armor's actual appearance , after the fact. I don't want to play them because they look completely silly now and certainly not the way I intended them to look when I spent the time and effort putting their appearance together.

Then Bio Ware decided to slap those of us that liked the armor how it was, in the face, with this morning's patch, adjusting the "icon" to match the "armor" in the skip tracer pack...instead of what they did with the phantom armor.

And by the way, the phantom armor's inventory icon doesn't match now, it still shows the armor without the shoulder wrap....but they didn't seem to notice that.

Still playing and most certainly still love the game...but I won't spend another dime on Cartel Packs.

Edited by fg_deviant

Jumped on this morning thinking there would be a fix, for sure, for this...nope.

I've spent the past week looking at the three toons with this armor on, with mild irritation. I really don't want to play them until this is fixed. I spent a pretty penny getting them and will not be spending additional in-game credits to change the character's look(s) because the game company decided to change the armor's actual appearance , after the fact. I don't want to play them because they look completely silly now and certainly not the way I intended them to look when I spent the time and effort putting their appearance together.

Then Bio Ware decided to slap those of us that liked the armor how it was, in the face, with this morning's patch, adjusting the "icon" to match the "armor" in the skip tracer pack...instead of what they did with the phantom armor.

And by the way, the phantom armor's inventory icon doesn't match now, it still shows the armor without the shoulder wrap....but they didn't seem to notice that.

Still playing and most certainly still love the game...but I won't spend another dime on Cartel Packs.

You don't like the neck pillow used to sleep on airplanes around your neck or the brake light on your chest and turn signals on your shoulders? Gee... can't see why not...

like you, i did same thing. hopped on and was like, "Yay! Patch day! fixed gear! ... i r disappoint..." But hey, at least the skip tracer ICON was corrected. Thank the Force for that!!!

Hey, guys --

<snip>

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

Ofcourse I hopped onto my account to check whether something changed as soon as the servers came back up. But that doesn't mean I actually expected it already.

ATT: DamionSchubert and JovethGonzalez

Today i got a reply to my ticket(Ticket number: 7714886) regarding the changes to the Phantom gear.

Can you please shed some light on the reply i got, since i find it both worrying and that it contradicts DamionSchubert reply from last week in this thread.

Here is a quote of the reply, and i highlighted what bothers me.

So please can either DamionSchubert and/or JovethGonzalez give me/us a reply on what really will happen, will the ones of us who want the old 'pre-patch' look back... get it or not?

Help me DamionSchubert, you are my only hope!

Hey folks, just wanted to chime in here. Damion's post still applies above all. In fact, we're approaching a solution that we will share with you all shortly as soon as we have all the details ironed out. In sum, take Damion's last post as the most current state of this issue. Thank you!

Hey folks, just wanted to chime in here. Damion's post still applies above all. In fact, we're approaching a solution that we will share with you all shortly as soon as we have all the details ironed out. In sum, take Damion's last post as the most current state of this issue. Thank you!

Ok, that's something. Looking forward to it.

Thank you JovethGonzalez.

Much appreciated, now im relieved. :D Any way, i hope you dont mind me giving you guys a litle hint. ;)

In the future, please make sure that your Customer Service gets the memo. :p

Edited by PeterGun-SWE

It's incredible that BW can't make a unified decision on a simple issue.

Multiple contradicting BW posts and CS replies, leaving players wondering what really is going on.

Don't these guys have team meetings? "Guys, these are the most pressing / widespread complaints for this week. This is the approach we are taking, everyone please make sure to use the same reply when addressing CS/forum issues."

Is it that hard?

This one is my most favorite post of the year and last year.....^^^^^ditto to what he said

Here's hoping that the resolution for this issue takes less time to implement than the initial *fix*

Probably not sadly. The "fix" was dumping the updated models onto the old items. Now they have to re-add the old ones as separate items and make them available somehow.

The solution is simple. Provide a gear vendor that takes the original item as the cost and you can buy which ever variation you like. Similar to the war hero gear turn in that requires the previous piece of gear, except in this instance you're replacing an orange piece with a different looking orange piece.

Out of necessity, the item purchased will be bound. Simple.

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes made to the Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits in Patch 1.6.2. In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), we are going to offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs. Players will be able to obtain (via Cartel Packs) both the “Classic” (pre 1.6.2) versions of the outfits and the current versions (post 1.6.2).

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks? We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.

We will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then (don’t worry, we will let people know well ahead of time when the next Game Update will go live). If we find that you own these pieces, we will mail you the “Classic” versions of these items. These extra outfit pieces will be unbound, so you may do whatever you like with them. If an item is on the GTN during the maintenance when we make this change, the auction will be canceled and you will receive both versions of the item in the mail after we come back out of maintenance.

We feel that this is the best possible design decision to make all of our players happy and we will continue to improve our internal processes in order to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for continuing to support Star Wars: The Old Republic.

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks? We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.

We will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then (don’t worry, we will let people know well ahead of time when the next Game Update will go live). If we find that you own these pieces, we will mail you the “Classic” versions of these items. These extra outfit pieces will be unbound, so you may do whatever you like with them. If an item is on the GTN during the maintenance when we make this change, the auction will be canceled and you will receive both versions of the item in the mail after we come back out of maintenance.

We feel that this is the best possible design decision to make all of our players happy and we will continue to improve our internal processes in order to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

Thank you very very much. Also thanks for telling us when you will be doing this, instead of just "soon".

Edited by Pscyon

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes made to the Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits in Patch 1.6.2. In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), we are going to offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs. Players will be able to obtain (via Cartel Packs) both the “Classic” (pre 1.6.2) versions of the outfits and the current versions (post 1.6.2).

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for continuing to support Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sounds like you are going to make everyone happy, good job Bioware. Love everyone who thinks they can do some of the people at Bioware/EAs job better than they can, surprising you don't work in the industry folks.

Thank you for the update Joveth.

Just a quick question. Does the same thing apply to those that have unopened lower/upper body boxes?