1.6 on Tuesday.

TheBBP

What I find absured yet funny ( maybe ironic? ) is that on the page linked to advertise 1.6 they have a "Buy Now" for CCs. The "feature" has been giving people fits since prior to US Thanksgiving. EA won't take their money!!! :eek:

:D

The man says "good".

Sigh.

1.4 bugs still around.

1.5 bugs still around.

And now 1.6.....

So the bugs continue to accumulate... some day I can see everything in the game being bugged. :eek:

You also see this trend ... er I see? :D

The man says "good".

Sigh.

1.4 bugs still around.

1.5 bugs still around.

And now 1.6.....

So the bugs continue to accumulate... some day I can see everything in the game being bugged. :eek:

Is there a game out there that has no bugs? :rolleyes:

If there is I want to play it!!! :cool:

The man says "good".

Sigh.

1.4 bugs still around.

1.5 bugs still around.

And now 1.6.....

So lets see... damned if they do

"patch has bugs BW fail!"

... damned if they don't

"why is the patch not out yet? BW is breaking their promise"

You see the problem? BW can't win, no matter what they do.

Is there a game out there that has no bugs? :rolleyes:

If there is I want to play it!!! :cool:

No, most games have bugs, but they usually resolve them in a reasonable amount of time.

But, what we have here is a pattern, a very, very sad pattern. :(

So lets see... damned if they do

"patch has bugs BW fail!"

... damned if they don't

"why is the patch not out yet? BW is breaking their promise"

You see the problem? BW can't win, no matter what they do.

NEVER said any of those things, take your fanboi diatribe elsewhere.

All I have done here(and elsewhere) is point out facts.. do you dispute the facts presented.. doesn't look like it.

No, most games have bugs, but they usually resolve them in a reasonable amount of time.

But, what we have here is a pattern, a very, very sad pattern. :(

really? then how come Blizzard still hasn't fixed arcane missle? How come Blink doesn't work correctly.

Sorry kid this is the nature of MMOs.

I remember reading an article about the new Iphone. It said that if they got rid of 99.999999% of all the bugs due to the shear amount of code involved in it, it would still have thousands of bugs still in it.

Same goes with MMOs it is impossible to fix every bug in an MMO.

NEVER said any of those things, take your fanboi diatribe elsewhere.

All I have done here(and elsewhere) is point out facts.. do you dispute the facts presented.. doesn't look like it.

I'm not a fanboi. I'm a realist.

Are there bugs? Yes. You insinuate that they should not be releasing new content/patches until they fix the bugs. yet I am sure you would be one of those who start complaining when content isn't coming fast enough. No patch will come out without bugs. They take care of most of the ones that cause game breaking issues (though I admit some bugs need to be fixed before others), so to insinuate that bugs are not being fixed is disingenuous.

See what i did there? We can both make assumptions about other posters, and be totally incorrect in said assumptions.

really? then how come Blizzard still hasn't fixed arcane missle? How come Blink doesn't work correctly.

Sorry kid this is the nature of MMOs.

I remember reading an article about the new Iphone. It said that if they got rid of 99.999999% of all the bugs due to the shear amount of code involved in it, it would still have thousands of bugs still in it.

Same goes with MMOs it is impossible to fix every bug in an MMO.

1. could care less about WOW and its apparently minor bugs you list. Never played that kiddie game.

2. kid? see above.

3 Iphone .. who cares.

4. Little bugs u can live with, might mention they are annoying, but no rage quit because of them.. But the major bugs that haven't been fixed since 1.4, and 1.5, those should have been on the front-burner, with all releases stopped until fixed in a REASONABLE time. If they had any kind of open communication with the players, most would have understood the delay, as it is the players are treated like mushrooms.

Sorry, I wouldn't call this a major content patch. Releasing a new warzone and 6 new space missions is not major content...

So what is "major" content to you? If you aren't a pvper, obviously this patch is not for you but a new warzone is huge. Other games don't release new pvp zones until expansions...

Sorry, I wouldn't call this a major content patch. Releasing a new warzone and 6 new space missions is not major content...

Depends on what you consider content.

For PvP players, it is major content. We have been wanting a new WZ and new gear for a long time. PvE is not the only content you know.

I'm not a fanboi. I'm a realist.

...yet I am sure you would be one of those who start complaining when content isn't coming fast enough...

Point to 1, that's ONE, as in one and only, as in any post, of mine that shows me complaining about the lack of content. Anywhere, h-ll any game...

Your realism leaves a tad to be desired.

All MMO's in their first year to year and a half have lack of content.. that is a given. So you plan for that, and don't rush to the end and enjoy what you have.

All MMO's in their first year to 2 years have "bugs" that effect game play. So you watch how they handle them. If they are resolved in a timely manner, fine, but if a PATTERN of delay, apparent neglect, establishes itself, then you start to worry.

You still give them a year to correct the patten..... but if it doesn't change, it never will.(in 6months AoC cashiered their headman, inserted someone the players trusted, and then fixed all those major bugs,(the ex-headman blamed the players' computers.. amazing how that works).

as it is the players are treated like mushrooms.

I am also lost, I mean the special mushrooms could be grown and treated extremely well. Cooking mushrooms and things of the sort cared for, treated well, then cut packaged and shipped for us to eat. Or are we talking about mushrooms in a pasture that cows walk and crap on? Maybe a little more specification would help clear things up.

Point to 1, that's ONE, as in one and only, as in any post, of mine that shows me complaining about the lack of content. Anywhere, h-ll any game...

Your realism leaves a tad to be desired.

And you totally missed my point about you assuming that I was a fanboi by my making an assumption that you complain about lack of content....

Point is, bugs happen, it is a fact. Some companies fix them very quickly, some do not. Bioware is one of the "do nots". However, they are also in the unenviable position of not being able to win no matter what they do. If they hold back content to fix bugs, people will jump all over them for not releasing content. If they push out content, people will harp on them for not fixing bugs. If they miss a "deadline" by a day, people will harp on them for breaking a "promise".

So no matter what Bioware does, people will be upset, complain, *****, moan, or anything else. So they are simply going to go ahead with the "make content available and fix bugs later" method.

Maybe if the community as a whole did not jump all over them all the time, maybe they would be more open to talking and discussing things on the forums (as they used to do before the aforementioned lambasting). It is not all on Biowares shoulders here, the impatient and rude player base has a lot to do with the current status of the game.