Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

ThomasCool
05.23.2015 , 10:39 PM | #11
It's all good. Thanks.
That being said, i'm also interested in the plasma parses when you get them
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

ThomasCool
05.24.2015 , 10:12 AM | #12
Update to the Tactics Simulations

So... I did in fact have a mistake (forgot to take into account the 10% boost to stockstrike from the passive)

That being said, here are the results i obtained once i fixed that (with Kwerty's ability usage and stats).
Using this parse: Kwerty
I first ran the simulation for 2000 iterations with the APM unckecked (basically no lag, either computer or server) and obtained this: Image. The mean is around 4620 DPS and the standard deviation is about 86.5. The best Parse got the following results:
Code:
STATS: time - 203.832, damage = 1000232.301, DPS = 4907.132, APM =  53.57, Crit = 0.38
As a sanity check, i made sure it was (in theory) possible to get this so i counted the number of abilities on the GCD:
Code:
1 Gut, 37 HiB, 15 AP, 24 SS, 49 TS, 9 CD, 12 HS = 147 Activations on the GCD
With 8.3% Alacrity that is
Code:
147*1.5*(1-0.083)=202.13s
(I manually add a very small delay before each HiB to allow the gut dot to tick before the refresh)
On Average, it seems like Kwerty looses about 0.237s per HiB cycle (lag, i know) which amounts to around 8.7s on this high end results

On the other hand, when i matched the APM to his parse, I get results very similar to his:

Code:
STATS: time - 222.449, damage = 1013629.050, DPS = 4556.690, APM =  49.09, Crit = 0.35
This is mostly as expected.
The histogram is here (again for 2000 iterations). The histogram is completely skewed because the APM is being matched but not damage above the total dummy HP is being accepted so it somewhat truncates the high end while leaving the low end tail alone (maybe i can allow it to go over 1mil when just looking at numbers like this.

An additional thing i checked was: what would happen if i added a 0.237s delay before HiB. The best result i got was:
Code:
STATS: time - 207.203, damage = 1000555.490, DPS = 4828.860, APM =  52.70, Crit = 0.40
But, more interestingly the mean apm was dropped by about 1.5 over the unchecked rotation. In addition, the mean dps was 4489 which is closeish to the average of his linked parses. (Histogram)

If you want more information, here are the detailed results for the best parses Results

I am actually surprised (And happy) about how well this turned out

~Lunagazer
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

Archaetorrhi
05.24.2015 , 12:33 PM | #13
Hey Luna, hope I can help! Especially since you were the one I modeled my lethality parsing after when SWTORBoard was a thing back in the 2.x's. Unfortunately I'm out on vacation with my family this weekend, so I don't have access to my swtor client, since I just have my macbook air with me, not my gaming PC.

I don't have the exact stat setup in my brain, but I'm in full 198's except for my mainhand barrel and a bracer armoring. I think my crit is somewhere in the low 300's, and 1 alacrity enhancement. I don't recall the amount of accuracy I have, but I'm just over 100% accuracy with 1 accuracy augment... can't recall the number of enhancements off the top of my head. I just changed over to cunning augs from power augs since I last parsed. Don't have any explanations for these, other than following the gospel of KBN same thing with my rotation, followed his suggestions (doing them when I had the 4pc/2pc illegal mods was super fun and cheesy!) and they worked great so I kept doing them Almost got a 5k doing that, but then double proc-ing got fixed.

I'll be back at my apt monday evening, what info/parses would you like when I return?
Tos'hakaa'mel - Sniper | Tosh'oldi'mel - Gunslinger

<Nova Imperium> Officer | <Aisthesis> Member

ThomasCool
05.24.2015 , 12:35 PM | #14
For parses, I just need a couple to get an idea of an average. I don't need an exceptional parse. If you can do a couple with adrenal/relics and a couple without that'd be amazing (mostly SS), i'm pretty confident with my DF numbers but if you want i can check those too. Oh and obviously the gear you use for each type :P
Thanks

~Luna
<The Olde Guard>

Archaetorrhi
05.24.2015 , 12:49 PM | #15
Sounds good! I don't really don't DF that well now, I've almost exclusively played sharpie for all of 3.x so far because of the bug that favors sharpie for slingers - I've used it for every single guild kill we've done so far! for whatever reason I just find DF to be annoying this time around, but now that sharpie has been adjusted I should probably re-learn DF again. Do you have a 3.x writeup for it, or know of a good one? I had one but can't find it anymore.

Have you done any stat testing for sharpie/DF? I usually just cede that to the superior mathemagicians :P If you have done testing, do you know the optimal stat layouts for DF/Sharpie?

Oh also for clarification when I get started - do you want some with Relics/Adrenals, some without, and some with one or the other? or just the first two?

ThomasCool
05.24.2015 , 01:33 PM | #16
For DF right now i'm using the old 4pc new 2pc. Sadly we don't get to raid as much as i want so i'm not full 198s yet but i've gotten some pretty damn good results with it. the new 6pc works also with either 3 WS or 2WS rotation (for the 2WS rotation look at lord_of_stone's post from a while back.
I've simulated both the 2WS with old set bonus and 3WS with new and honestly it's super close. Right now, i'm still more focused on actually getting the simulations to match up with parses to prove that they are valid-ish. The 2WS is much much more flexible in combat. Honestly in combat i usually go back and forth between them.

As for the parses: I'd like a couple with as high as possible numbers (so relic + adrenals) and a couple more constant parses (no adrenals or relic)

Thanks
~Luna
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.24.2015 , 06:57 PM | #17
Got another bit of feedback for ya luna, based off those sims you ran.
The APM was looking a little high which is why I started looking.

You are currently handling alacrity wrong!

Alacrity isn't a multiplication of (1-alacrity) for cooldowns + the GCD, but rather it is a division of (1+alacrity). The easiest way to see this is beserk on a combat sentinel. Master Strike goes from 3 sec channel / 18 sec cooldown with no alacrity to 2.25 sec channel / 13.53 sec cooldown with 33% alacrity. If alacrity worked the way you currently have it coded, it would be a 2.01 second channel and a cooldown of 12.06 seconds.

Also explains why you had 12 hammer shots in your best parse whereas I found that I'd have 10 if I didn't make silly mistakes like using HiB->TS when that would cap me on energy whereas TS->HIB would not, since you got the resource regen part of alacrity right.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

ThomasCool
05.24.2015 , 07:41 PM | #18
Eek thank you for catching that. Now i need to go fix that.
Energy regen is for the next version lol.
<The Olde Guard>

ThomasCool
05.24.2015 , 08:50 PM | #19
So Kwerty, thanks for catching that. After applying that fix the APM lines up pretty awesomely... I'll get some pretty plots up soon again
<The Olde Guard>

Archaetorrhi
05.25.2015 , 07:48 AM | #20
Nice work! I'll be back later today probably around 5 or 6, if I'm not too exhausted I'll parse some then (hopefully I'm not too family-hungover to be effective, these babies were too frakkin' loud! ), if not, I'll take care of it tomorrow