Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Genuine question - how on earth are you level 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Genuine question - how on earth are you level 50?

dosadnik
01.10.2012 , 03:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
I'm not 50 yet. I'm 47.
Exactly!

dipstik
01.10.2012 , 03:52 PM | #22
i got in 2 days into early access, had a week off work between xmas and new years (though spent most that time with family). spent a lot of time doing fp dalies, have yet to do any pvp or space, skipped bonus series for 2-4 planets, hit fifty at begning of belsavis.

i do not think that flashpoints or world bosses helped me lvl at all, but i would sometimes camp at an orbital station quest giver at the very begning of a planet and wait for soemoen to group with and we could clear a whole planet in 4-6 hours. much quicker than solo, esp for a healer.

what i did in beta, where i lvled really quickly is just do class,planet main, flashpoints, bonus, space and join up with ppl for heroics (dont camp while geting group, quest)... i had to grind xp a lil when i hit belsavis (rep.) and didnt start doing side quests til i was lvl 42 or so... then i found someone cool to share missions with for the rest of the game.

think i was one of the first 10 to hit 50 on the cosmic turbine beta server on the rep side. sawbones scoundrel.

Lazorous
01.10.2012 , 03:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beastfury View Post
Lets see i have a full time job, wife (no kids) I had 2 small vacations 4 days each, i did not spacebar dialogs (outside few and between cases when people waited for me to do heroics) I did every FP on the way to 50, i did every HM flashpoint at 50. I did all lvl 50 quests, i cleared the raid content on normal... How are YOU not 50 again?
Lets assume during your vacation you spent an average of 10 hrs a day on Swtor. with 8 days, that's about 80 hours.

A casual player who hasn't taken any vacation time may get an average of 2 hrs a day (if that), and few extra hours on weekends. Lets assume 2hrs a day, 5 days a week and 10hrs on weekend (both days). That's 20 hrs a week on the game.

With that consideration, it's not unreasonable that a casual person can take at least 4 weeks to get to 50.

These are just reasonable guesstimates as an example.

GoldPush
01.10.2012 , 03:53 PM | #24
Dinged lvl 5 in < 5 days played with 3 professions maxed. Did no PVP, did classquest, normal quests, most bonus series, and all space quests and a lot of idling and GTN on fleet. I spacebared MOST dialog (none of class, none of EPIC missions).

Was fast, should've and could've done it in 4 or less me thinks.

dosadnik
01.10.2012 , 03:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldPush View Post
Dinged lvl 5 in < 5 days played with 3 professions maxed. Did no PVP, did classquest, normal quests, most bonus series, and all space quests and a lot of idling and GTN on fleet.

Was fast, should've and could've done it in 4 or less me thinks.
Well, that's an achievement. Congratulations.

/sarcasm

Edit: Read your post again you'll know what I mean when you do.

Evilsmurfkilla
01.10.2012 , 03:54 PM | #26
I had 7 days played when I hit 50. Lots of late nights and groggy mornings at work. One entire weekend of SWTOR. Didn't skip dialogs, eventaully started skipping heroic quests when I got to Tattooine because it was hard to find a group. Did enough PVP to skip Belsavis entirely except for my class quest.
GM of <Delirium Tremens>. Now recruiting! Come join The Dark Side!

Whiskeybent - Sith Juggernaut
Krayt Dragon

Kheld
01.10.2012 , 03:55 PM | #27
A lot of people hit 50 in 3 days due to the Warzone exploit. i.e The Warzone would finish early through lack of players, but the people in it got full XP rewards & credits.

Lots of Millionaires running around a week into eaerly access.
The Force will be with you, always.

Beastfury
01.10.2012 , 03:58 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazorous View Post
Lets assume during your vacation you spent an average of 10 hrs a day on Swtor. with 8 days, that's about 80 hours.

A casual player who hasn't taken any vacation time may get an average of 2 hrs a day (if that), and few extra hours on weekends. Lets assume 2hrs a day, 5 days a week and 10hrs on weekend (both days). That's 20 hrs a week on the game.

With that consideration, it's not unreasonable that a casual person can take at least 4 weeks to get to 50.

These are just reasonable guesstimates as an example.
No sorry during the 2 vacations i spent ZERO hours at SWTOR i was drinking with you know... friends.

Arkimor
01.10.2012 , 04:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by alrighto View Post
1 word - addiction

because its that good
Quote: Originally Posted by oicurdum View Post
too much time on thier hands and not enough showering is my guess......
Quote: Originally Posted by dosadnik View Post
Option 1: They spacebared every convo, because they wanted to be first.

Option 2: They spacebared every convo, because they were in beta and have already done everything.

Option 3: They played 24/7 and turned into zombies.
I'm baffled by how many people want to hate on 50's in this game.

I'm in a guild full of 50's. I myself am 40, and haven't even played in the last 3 days, and when I do play it's only for about 1-2 hours at a time. I've done every bonus series for each planet, have painstakingly watched every choice I make because Kotor taught me to be paranoid about my choices (and I'm trying to be absorbed by the story) and have only done about 4 warzones. I've also made a boat load of money on the GTN (which I'm not sure was worth it, because of how painful it is to use), maxed 2 professions (with the 3rd well on its way), and even done the ole' lap Fleet for half-an-hour while talking on Vent.

Leveling isn't hard, it doesn't take that much time, and it requires no commitment.
Killer: 100%|Achiever: 40%| Socializer: 33%| Explorer: 33%

Warnings: 15 Infractions: 8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xugos View Post
This forum has better PvP than TOR, brah.

stephenjohnp
01.10.2012 , 04:00 PM | #30
Oh be quiet. If you really rush you can hit level 50 in 3/4 days. If you take your time it will take you about 2 weeks. Christ almighty, grow up.

Leveling up in this game is incredibly easy. PvP gives you loads of exp, Space battles give you loads of exp, questing gives you loads of exp. There is just no avoiding it.