Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA: "Couldn't Be More Happy With Star Wars Launch"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EA: "Couldn't Be More Happy With Star Wars Launch"

LoL-K-Noob
01.11.2012 , 12:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by fenrishero View Post
Of course they're happy. The 60 bucks a head they got for the 1.5 million initial players puts them between 60 million and 75 million closer to digging out of the quarter billion dollar hole the production dug, once you subtract the license fees and overhead. Of course, if half the player base doesn't pay for the second month via subscription, they will be less happy.
Wrong. Lucas doesn't see a dime until they make their money back.

Hingster
01.11.2012 , 12:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by fenrishero View Post
Of course they're happy. The 60 bucks a head they got for the 1.5 million initial players puts them between 60 million and 75 million closer to digging out of the quarter billion dollar hole the production dug, once you subtract the license fees and overhead. Of course, if half the player base doesn't pay for the second month via subscription, they will be less happy.
i was really snubbed when they made me subscribe to play the first 30 days. made me really work hard to level one toon out then unsub before wasting more money

Taurusaud
01.11.2012 , 12:17 AM | #23
This is a case where you can't believe everything you read.

Even if the 5% stat is true, think about it - that means they've had atleast 50,000 bug reports. That doesn't mean only those people experienced bugs, most people who experience bugs either ignore them or leave the game. In effect the 5% is a meaningless stat.