*hacks*

darkofblue

As a new member to the Swtor family I have to say I really lliked the PVP , which was much better then WOW's. Now seeing all the hacks as they fly past us to score a goal in Huttball gives you a sour taste in your mouth.

You cant kill them

you cant catch them

you cant stun them

They walk through fire/goop and dont die

I have also played in matches where they use the hacks to kill you over and over, one guy had 54 kills and NO objectives at all.

What is the point to That?

WHY HAVE PVP AT ALL??? :(

As a new member to the Swtor family I have to say I really lliked the PVP , which was much better then WOW's. Now seeing all the hacks as they fly past us to score a goal in Huttball gives you a sour taste in your mouth.

You cant kill them

you cant catch them

you cant stun them

I have also played in matches where they use the hacks to kill you over and over, one guy had 54 kills and NO objectives at all.

These details you listed here:

You cant kill them

you cant catch them

you cant stun them

All of these occur and hacking isn't to fault!

There are abilities that render a class uncatchable, unstunnable, and we can run through/touch fire and goop without dying. Depending on abilities used and resolve levels, a player can run their toon through acid/fire/damage obstacles, leap, teleport, and/or roll to score and this is done without hacks.

I can take my sorc, and run him through acid in Quesh and I can run through "The Pit" HB map's obstacles too and not die if i use force speed. I cannot run thorugh Vandin, however the map is so crappy I leave it every time.

Ironically the best maps are easiest to cheese with over-tuned abilities that render the map obstacles obsolete. So, until you can prove 100% you see hacking, I personally can't say what you are seeing are even hacks.

Players are quite capable of defeating/killing others in PVP, over and over again without hacks.

Literally all the problems you listed as "hacks" can be easily done in the game without hacking. :(

Edited by Lhancelot

Literally all the problems you listed as "hacks" can be easily done in the game without hacking. :(

What Lhance said. :D

It's been lamented on these forums that the huttball maps, especially the original one, have been outgrown by the ability creep as the max level of characters was increased.

Bioware even tried to fix some (but only some) of the "short cuts" to scoring... which now that I comment on it, I realize just how ridiculous and silly that is. Out of all the ways you can roll, speed, teleport, rocket boost, and transposition (whatever that's called where you switch places with a friendly target) to the goal line, bioware chose to block ONLY the leap one and teleport to enemy ones? And then they even bugged that, where sometimes it's blocked, and sometimes not. So it's not even a hack if that mara leaps to you in your own goal line, because sometimes that works even though it's not supposed to.

I follow this advice in the game... "never blame a hack when you can just blame a bug." :D

So I Tried the wonderful words spoken here with my class, you two were so gracious to speak to me;

I was dead when walking in the acid/fire with my bubble and fast run and then I felt like an ^^^ for looking so stupid.

So I get it .....you use the exploits <cough cough "Bug" cough cough> of the game to your benefit, I get it..

BUT Is that really pvp?

So I Tried the wonderful words spoken here with my class, you two were so gracious to speak to me;

I was dead when walking in the acid/fire with my bubble and fast run and then I felt like an ^^^ for looking so stupid.

So I get it .....you use the exploits <cough cough "Bug" cough cough> of the game to your benefit, I get it..

BUT Is that really pvp?

Blame Bioware, it's their terrible game engine that have allowed bugs to exist since day 1.

The only bug I know of that I check is the leap/phantom stride into the EZ one, and you are right. I guess that's kinda lame. But given the way that 99% (I did a study) of the people play deathmatch-ball, I just don't care. I'm not even sure that having the leap work is the bug. I know that "everyone" SAYS that bioware disabled that... but I've never seen bioware claim that. So it's possible that it's actually a bug the other way around - that it's supposed to still work just fine, and sometimes doesn't. Whatever.

As far as speeding across the fire - no idea, I haven't tried that specific one in a long time. I try not to cross the fire in any way that I can get rooted, because there is ALWAYS someone waiting to root you. However, I mad-dash (jugger and mara ability) across the fire all the time. I also use it to cross the quesh acid streams, although it seems hit or miss there. I've seen other classes get caught in the quesh acid stream and survive it in various ways. In original HB, I've seen healers STAND in the acid pools, just healing themselves to pump up their numbers. That's how weak that trap is now compared to current abilities.

So to your original point about people circumventing the traps... still plenty of legit ways for people to do that. And as far as not being able to catch someone... well, I don't know what class you were chasing. If it was an operative, yeah, good luck catching them on any map. Snipers have roll, and I think a few other "repositioning" things. Or a jugger tank with enemy then friendly leaps lined up... they are gone baby gone. Or leap, push, leap, friendly leap... there's three. Sins will have force speed & phantom stride to move away from you... just lots of reasons for not being able to catch someone. (Not to even mention the elephant in the room of desync... oh wait, I just mentioned it.) And all complained about in at least one historical post here somewhere. So you are not alone in lamenting the state of huttball.

NO wonder people say they hate pvp in this game

So if you use the bugs and everyone leaves the game who will you play with then?

Just a thought

you have really made all of us rethink our lives, give yourself a pat on the back.

You cant kill them

you cant catch them

you cant stun them

Trixxie??? Maybe its your avator or the way you write, but you remind me of her.

Anyway, as it was said, there are classes that can bypass many of the things in the warzones, mainly the old ones that werent designed with the current abilities and utilities in mind. For example in Odessen the sniper has stun and interrupt immunity and if a skilled sniper has the powerup to cancel the node he can just come into the node and cast the cancellation without you having a way to hinder him. There are many such things.

Its necessary to differentiate between hacks and real game abilities, for that you actually need to play all classes to find out what possibilities there are. Frankly, I have played this game for many years and have came across very very little hacks, I could count the number of cases on my two hands after all these years.

NO wonder people say they hate pvp in this game

So if you use the bugs and everyone leaves the game who will you play with then?

Just a thought

Just do an activity that doesn't anger you then. No one is making you queue for PVP. Yes, it's not perfect, yes some people cheat. You can find this on all games btw.

As for getting through an acid trap, that's not cheating. With force speed and heals even the worst sage/sorc healer can get through "The Pit" HB map as well as Quesh HB map's acid traps.

Vandin has damage pits that do far more damage, so players can't run through it's acid like they do on the older maps. Maybe you can write up a suggestion to BW suggesting they make the acid traps in the older maps to do more damage?

BTW no one in this thread "cheats" who has answered you. We are just pointing out that literally every complaint you have can be explained in a legit way as to how or why they happen and that's without cheats.

Edited by Lhancelot

Trixxie??? Maybe its your avator or the way you write, but you remind me of her.

Anyway, as it was said, there are classes that can bypass many of the things in the warzones, mainly the old ones that werent designed with the current abilities and utilities in mind. For example in Odessen the sniper has stun and interrupt immunity and if a skilled sniper has the powerup to cancel the node he can just come into the node and cast the cancellation without you having a way to hinder him. There are many such things.

Its necessary to differentiate between hacks and real game abilities, for that you actually need to play all classes to find out what possibilities there are. Frankly, I have played this game for many years and have came across very very little hacks, I could count the number of cases on my two hands after all these years.

It’s not me sunshine

BUT Is that really pvp?

Just do an activity that doesn't anger you then. No one is making you queue for PVP. Yes, it's not perfect, yes some people cheat. You can find this on all games btw.

As for getting through an acid trap, that's not cheating. With force speed and heals even the worst sage/sorc healer can get through "The Pit" HB map as well as Quesh HB map's acid traps.

Vandin has damage pits that do far more damage, so players can't run through it's acid like they do on the older maps. Maybe you can write up a suggestion to BW suggesting they make the acid traps in the older maps to do more damage?

BTW no one in this thread "cheats" who has answered you. We are just pointing out that literally every complaint you have can be explained in a legit way as to how or why they happen and that's without cheats.

As Lhance has pointed out, neither him or Banderal are cheaters. And as you can see from Merovejec post, he doesn’t really like me much because I’ve been an anti cheat advocate in this game for a very long time and he’s a self confessed reformed ?? (I’ll let him explain. He’s not a hacker, but other things).

In saying that, none of them are wrong in saying everything you probably saw was legit game play, game bugs or good old crappy game engine dysnc.

Don’t get me wrong. There are cheaters and hackers in this game. Anyone who says there are not are just outright lying or ignorant.

I’ve seen an increase since 6.1 went live when I think they broken some code to allow old Hacks that had been fixed to be used again. But the acid traps examples, etc in your description are actually designed to work the way you saw.

The best way to identify a hack is it learn every class, every active and passive ability and all the utilities. Then learn what hacks are out there so you can distinguish them.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Don’t get me wrong. There are cheaters and hackers in this game. Anyone who says there are not are just outright lying or ignorant.

I’ve seen an increase since 6.1 went live when I think they broken some code to allow old Hacks that had been fixed to be used again. But the acid traps examples, etc in your description are actually designed to work the way you saw.

The best way to identify a hack is it learn every class, every active and passive ability and all the utilities. Then learn what hacks are out there so you can distinguish them.

I agree with you, a good way to stop it is give everyone 4 spells

1 heal

1 dps

1 cc

1 cc breaker

Now lets play pvp

I agree with you, a good way to stop it is give everyone 4 spells

1 heal

1 dps

1 cc

1 cc breaker

Now lets play pvp

You think pvp would be improved by having every class the same, with a one-button rotation.

That's not swtor, and will never be swtor. I don't know what you were expecting, but swtor is really not it.

You think pvp would be improved by having every class the same, with a one-button rotation.

That's not swtor, and will never be swtor. I don't know what you were expecting, but swtor is really not it.

Come on you know it would be a challenge!!!

Anything to be the blood pumping!!

Are you saying you could not play pvp like that? That you could not win with 4 spells?

Well it would stop all hacks ...no?

As Lhance has pointed out, neither him or Banderal are cheaters. And as you can see from Merovejec post, he doesn’t really like me much because I’ve been an anti cheat advocate in this game for a very long time and he’s a self confessed reformed ?? (I’ll let him explain. He’s not a hacker, but other things).

In saying that, none of them are wrong in saying everything you probably saw was legit game play, game bugs or good old crappy game engine dysnc.

BTW Trixxie I hear you, Yes I Have seen the speed hack, you see them on their side next the scored a goal. Also they are both Pylons before you leave the platform, that is the cheating I hate.

Come on you know it would be a challenge!!!

Anything to be the blood pumping!!

Are you saying you could not play pvp like that? That you could not win with 4 spells?

Well it would stop all hacks ...no?

No. It would be like playing a console game. Also, it wouldn’t stop any of the hacks at all.

These details you listed here:

You cant kill them

you cant catch them

you cant stun them

All of these occur and hacking isn't to fault!

There are abilities that render a class uncatchable, unstunnable, and we can run through/touch fire and goop without dying. Depending on abilities used and resolve levels, a player can run their toon through acid/fire/damage obstacles, leap, teleport, and/or roll to score and this is done without hacks.

I can take my sorc, and run him through acid in Quesh and I can run through "The Pit" HB map's obstacles too and not die if i use force speed. I cannot run thorugh Vandin, however the map is so crappy I leave it every time.

Ironically the best maps are easiest to cheese with over-tuned abilities that render the map obstacles obsolete. So, until you can prove 100% you see hacking, I personally can't say what you are seeing are even hacks.

Players are quite capable of defeating/killing others in PVP, over and over again without hacks.

im game -- elaborate on how a sor/sage can do this?

list the exact ulitiies taken, gear, tactical you are using to achieve this.

what power you are activating etc....

becasue i have a sage-- an im am CC to death and cant do a thing when i get the ball,

becasue i have a sage-- an im am CC to death and cant do a thing when i get the ball,

post some video of these happenings as you see them and they will be described to you in detail.

The majority of things are most likely due to Desynch if i had to guess.

Any Inquisitor (Sorc or Sin) can speed run through all traps and not die (except in Vandin). You don’t need special utilities or abilities. But you will take damage, so if you aren’t full health you can die.

The “trick” to it is using your self healing abilities as you run through. Mine are hot keyed to my mouse and I just spam them as I run through. Also make sure you have force bubble on to mitigate some damage.

None of that is hacking or cheating, it’s part of the game mechanics and has been like that since day one.

Also, do you know what resolve is? If you don’t, that might be part of the problem. Because when a player gets full resolve or “white barred” from stuns / cc, they become unstunnable while they are white barred.

This is a legit tactic that’s been around since the old days of 8v8 ranked.

1. Try and get someone to white bar you before you get to the trap,

2. Once white barred, they can’t stun you or stop you (they can slow you)

3. When the trap activates, you can speed run through it and spam your self healing. (This works even better if you were able to pick up a map speed booster)

4. By the time the trap finishes you are long gone.

*** don’t try running through traps if you aren’t white barred ***

How to stop someone from doing this?

1. Don’t stun or cc them before a trap.

2. Be patient and wait. If they are dumb they will try and cross and you can stun them in the middle.

If they are white barred already?

1. Most classes have some sort of slow ability. You can can still use these to slow down most classes enough that they will take damage. I use these to slow classes down before traps and not white bar them.

2. Some classes have snares that don’t add much to resolve and they can stop or slow you down without white barring

I suggest you have a read through this guide about game mechanics and pvp and it will greatly help your understanding of what is and isn’t possible in pvp. . https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/mechanics.html

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Good guide. Also...

2. Be patient and wait. If they are dumb they will try and cross and you can stun them in the middle.

Or if you have a crap team and have no choice. So frustrating to have 4 teamates all around you at the fire "helping" and none of them will run across it. If I'm thinking (and I'm not always doing that it seems :p ) I will pass to one of them and then run across myself. :D

1. Most classes have some sort of slow ability. You can can still use these to slow down most classes enough that they will take damage. I use these to slow classes down before traps and not white bar them.

2. Some classes have snares that don’t add much to resolve and they can stop or slow you down without white barring

Slowing and snaring are EXCELLENT in huttball now, with the shorter timer. I find it almost surprising how well that can sometimes work to stop the unkillable juggernaught, because they don't make it to the goal in time and don't pay attention to the timer, so they just blow up. I also scream when it happens to me, and it doesn't seem rare that I'm litterally ON the goal line, and boom. ARGGGGGGGGG! ;)

I forgot to add .

Sorcs can choose this utility

Emerson : Force speed grants Emerson, removing all Movement impairing effects and granting immunity to them for the duration.

This is an excellent one to have if you are playing lots of Hutt ball

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 7 months later...
There's a lot of cover up of the hacking, they love it for some reason, that's why pvp is a joke, but still a small value for conquest points. SWTOR doesn't seem to care and if you say anything to them thy put you on IGNOR so you never get mixed in with the hackers and always lose lol. Easy just go to Hackerbot.net and see how they do it. why? I don't know, they're just stupid I guess. Now 20 years ago Diablo could detect if you used maphack and ban you, so SWTOR seems to support this by not banning the hackers. I've had the Healer and been bubbled not healing but my 'team ' was able to restore full health while doing massive dps lol. Most the 'top' guilds probably use this. Anyway not worth it to me, still do some to get conquest is all (just need a match for social credit is all). Too bad, could be fun if they'd clean it up, .