Adaptive Social Gear in Action!

AlysonBridge

With the inclusion of Adaptive Gear in Game Update 1.3: Allies, you and your friends will be able to wear any social item in the game, and add augments to let you use it in the most perilous battles. See some of the different social items that you’ll be able to wear in any Flashpoint or Operation in this video.

Watch Now

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will we be able to strip the mods from battle master gear and still retain the bonus?

I'd been loving my assassin with his unique look, got to 50 and bam, I have to look like every other assassin out there. pretty much stopped playing the character there and then.

NOW you're talking!

Bio/EA...this was a long time coming but this is the type of FUN this game needs to survive.

It's a good move in the right direction and gives players more creativity in making their characters more personalized and unique.

It also encourages team play and Flashpoint running.

Which this game needs more of.

Keep it up, folks!

KUDOS!

- DH

I don't fully understand what's new. I can add Mods, Armour and Enhancements to the social gear already, I've got companions wearing them. What is being added?

The fact that if you wear medium armour it changes from light to medium. and light to heavy etc.

I don't fully understand what's new. I can add Mods, Armour and Enhancements to the social gear already, I've got companions wearing them. What is being added?

For a medium armor person if they wear a social gear (which at the moment is set for light armor) it gimps your armor rating . In other words if you wear medium armor and you use light armor you have actually cut your amor rating down by xx amount of points.

A friend of mine tried this on just one piece and it cut her armor down to 50 or so points on her amor and when you get higher it makes a big difference.

What they are doing now makes the amor work to what type of your amor is. You don't lose any rating/points on your armor this way and makes it more viable for anyone to wear it now (or when the patch goes live)

For a medium armor person if they wear a social gear (which at the moment is set for light armor) it gimps your armor rating . In other words if you wear medium armor and you use light armor you have actually cut your amor rating down by xx amount of points.

A friend of mine tried this on just one piece and it cut her armor down to 50 or so points on her amor and when you get higher it makes a big difference.

What they are doing now makes the amor work to what type of your amor is. You don't lose any rating/points on your armor this way and makes it more viable for anyone to wear it now (or when the patch goes live)

So you are saying that the Chain mail Bikini just became a viable option in this game as a female trooper can put on the dancer outfit and it will act like heavy armor?

While not the right place for this, I definitely preferred it the old way then. I hate when games treat light/cloth armor as heavy armor because it is for the look. Oh well.

Since the higher-level sets have the bonus attached to the armor, you'll be able to transfer the bonus (you can currently do this on live).

almost, as I found out the hard way, with the new stuff like war hero you can do this but with the older stuff like battlemaster you cannot. I'm really hoping they changed this as I spent ages getting the respective social levels and fleet comms to get the look i wanted only to find out I'd wasted a lot of credits stripping all the mods out

My only question is: will they be adding the missing moddable wrist/belt from the social gear? Guess I'll have to boot up the PTS to find out... Although with the way they've been treating moddable wrist/belts like they're so special I doubt it.

How about giving us stuff that REALLY matters! instead of dress up dolls! Guild needs revamped, Server Transfers, ect. Or how about doing what ever other MMoRPG had when they launched an armory, or a XML export for guilds and websites to make them a viable use to the community. Tons of other stuff is needed besides dress up dolls! WTH.