Solo Que Matchmaking has a Serious Flaw - Data Inside

Skolops

I remember this one random teammate went afk or something. He didn't even enter the round. He timed out eventually and of course we lost that match. My rating went down 22 points, but the most I've gotten from a win has been 13. Lmao /shrug.

It's going to take ALOT of consecutive wins to catch up to my peers on this server lmfao.

Hehe, probably because he was in the solo queue for 6 eternities, and most likely forgot he even queued for an arena, went afk for a few minutes, then got a pop, was forced to enter the arena at the end of the pop timeout, resulting in a 4v3 match.

Yep, I've seen it happen a few times. I think it even happened to me once. I guarantee it's going to continue happening. It's just another one of those things we'll have to deal with. Well, not for me anymore, cuz I stopped queuing for ranked.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rofl.. and the last match classic:

republic: 1161, 1271, 1205, 1224

imperial: 2106, 1957, 1956, 1534

Is this a joke? THREE matches where my average group rating is 1200 vs. an average group rating of about 1900.

HOW DO YOU THINK THIS IS LEGIT?

How much rating did you lose? Just curious. IMHO the game should still match you guys up if those are the only people queuing, but the imp team shouldn't get many points.

How much rating did you lose? Just curious. IMHO the game should still match you guys up if those are the only people queuing, but the imp team shouldn't get many points.

Other people who have encountered this are saying you still lose about 7-9 points and gain isn't that great either iirc

DATA INSIDE:

This is what happens to me 85% of my games:

In this one I wasn't even able to kill anyone; my teamates did such a terrible dps

http://i.imgur.com/FluyTqX.png

In this one If it wasn't for me we would have lost in such a miserable way. 4 kills and first dps while my teammates did very bad.

http://i.imgur.com/JLyothR.png

I dont' care if someone is going to say that I waited this to screengrab. This is my eveneing ordinary story and I'm terrible getting mad over it. For some reason I keep on getting the worst worst ever teamates and I don't know what to do anymore. I wish they put some 1v1 or 2v2 any sooner

Edited by Phyrelle

Tell me BioWare, this can't be fair right? look at this picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/lx1f.jpg/

1. 2. and 3. are Pt's, 2 of them going probably going hybrid with Shield tech and AP, as i recall u guys said before that u don't intend that hybrid should be available right? sure has when 2.0 started, Sins and Jug can easily go hybrid tank as well but not as strong as PT.

U can also swap gear in your gear inside and go full tank gear if u have and want to. also they are able to guard. this ruins the hole solo queue matchmaking, i'm interesting to know if u actually can find any issues with the match making + i also want to know whats your stand point on hybrid spec in the game if u think its alright to use.

I bet top PT's using this Hybrid to be viable in Arena. is this alright ?

Edited by KalElc
changed few words

Weren't able to kill anyone... Teammates did terrible DPS... but you won a round. Must be the tank....

QQ

LoL I'm no tank dude... I'm full Deception DPS.

And BTW If I was the Tank in that match can you belive my team8s dps ?

Edited by Phyrelle

Tell me BioWare, this can't be fair right? look at this picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/lx1f.jpg/

1. 2. and 3. are Pt's, 2 of them going probably going hybrid with Shield tech and AP, as i recall u guys said before that u don't intend that hybrid should be available right? sure has when 2.0 started, Sins and Jug can easily go hybrid tank as well but not as strong as PT.

U can also swap gear in your gear inside and go full tank gear if u have and want to. also they are able to guard. this ruins the hole solo queue matchmaking, i'm interesting to know if u actually can find any issues with the match making + i also want to know whats your stand point on hybrid spec in the game if u think its alright to use.

I bet top PT's using this Hybrid to be viable in Arena. is this alright ?

Smash mara who cryin', whinin' and complain' about PT, makes sense :o

Edited by TonyDragonflame

So, ever single night I late night PVP this week. And, every single night there are un-even matches.

So, Bioware....explain to me how it is so hard to have even games when people have posted easy fixes in this thread?

I'll say it again....if 9 people que, then 8 of them get in the game, 4 on each team. If 15 people are qued then 14 people get in, 7 on each team. NO ONE else is allowed in the game late after initial que until one is added to BOTH sides evenly. Furthermore, the game is not allowed to start unless teams are even. Period.

It's pretty freakin' simple. I fail to see how this has been so hard to fix in the game.

Also, I have never understood why the PVP que isn't the same as the FP que where there has to be at least 1 heals and 1 tank. I am SICK of getting in matches with no healers. I'd rather que times were a bit longer so that we could get at least 1 heals.

Edited by DarthVengeant

So, ever single night I late night PVP this week. And, every single night there are un-even matches.

So, Bioware....explain to me how it is so hard to have even games when people have posted easy fixes in this thread?

I'll say it again....if 9 people que, then 8 of them get in the game, 4 on each team. If 15 people are qued then 14 people get in, 7 on each team. NO ONE else is allowed in the game late after initial que until one is added to BOTH sides evenly. Furthermore, the game is not allowed to start unless teams are even. Period.

It's pretty freakin' simple. I fail to see how this has been so hard to fix in the game.

Also, I have never understood why the PVP que isn't the same as the FP que where there has to be at least 1 heals and 1 tank. I am SICK of getting in matches with no healers. I'd rather que times were a bit longer so that we could get at least 1 heals.

Games do not load if there are not two teams of 4. It only happens that you get less people if someone quits.

I am ok with the system giving matches without healers - late at night you could wait hours for a que to pop if it required healers. The problem is evening out the ratings of players on each team.

We have seen similar posts on what you have reported in this thread. The rating disparity you have shown in your results is entirely possible, although very unlikely to happen on any consistent basis. I wanted to assure you that our team is aware of these reports and is tracking data behind our matchmaking to look for any potential issues.

Thanks!

-eric

I can confirm that this happens at all hours on Pot5, including primetime, when there are very obviously other people that would be more fitting to match into the game. IE earlier, I had a sub 1000 player and two sub 1300 players on my team when I was on my mara (~1750) against three people over 1900 and one guy at 1650. How the hell does that work? Even if it was just one time, that would clearly indicate a problem. The fact that it happens every single game is a clear sign there is a problem with this matchmaking system.

As near as I (and the 10-15 other people I've talked to about it on POT5) can tell, it will literally take the top 4 players in queue, put them on the same team, and put 3-4 low rated players on the other team. Consistently. I can normally queue during primetime and play total trash rating players when I should be queueing into Somnom and Arya and they'll be on my team more often than not.

On POT5 at least, this is not a population problem. There are anywhere from 10-100 people in queue at any given time. I'm sure TOFN is the same. This is clearly a problem with the matchmaking system.

I can confirm that this happens at all hours on Pot5, including primetime, when there are very obviously other people that would be more fitting to match into the game. IE earlier, I had a sub 1000 player and two sub 1300 players on my team when I was on my mara (~1750) against three people over 1900 and one guy at 1650. How the hell does that work? Even if it was just one time, that would clearly indicate a problem. The fact that it happens every single game is a clear sign there is a problem with this matchmaking system.

As near as I (and the 10-15 other people I've talked to about it on POT5) can tell, it will literally take the top 4 players in queue, put them on the same team, and put 3-4 low rated players on the other team. Consistently. I can normally queue during primetime and play total trash rating players when I should be queueing into Somnom and Arya and they'll be on my team more often than not.

On POT5 at least, this is not a population problem. There are anywhere from 10-100 people in queue at any given time. I'm sure TOFN is the same. This is clearly a problem with the matchmaking system.

I can confirm this. I was in this game. 3 players above 1800 versus a team of people all in the lower 1200 or so area. Lest I be declared a QQer, understand that I was on the winning/high ranked team.

Therefore, not to sound ragey but I must say,

THIS. SHOULD. NEVER. HAPPEN.

EVER.

Screenshot for proof: http://imgur.com/oD0yXv8

Count-Crochula - 2258

Somnax - 1935

Yoshi - 1753

Gaurex - 1209

Casualcreep - 1308

Sadan - 1067

Ractus - 1136

Sikova - 1227

1788 Avereage vs 1184

Again, even from just the players in this game we could make a much more even match.

How about

Count-Crochula, Sadan, Gaurex, and Casual Creep vs. Sikova, Somnax, Yoshi, and Ractus.

1460 vs 1512.

MUCH better.

Or, it could have taken Insomniaq who was waiting in que at the same time as a DPS at 1416 rating to replace Yoshi, letting us get 1442 vs 1446.

So, again.

Really, it shouldn't.

Edited by Skolops

Screenshot for proof: http://imgur.com/oD0yXv8

Count-Crochula - 2258

Somnax - 1935

Yoshi - 1753

Gaurex - 1209

Casualcreep - 1308

Sadan - 1067

Ractus - 1136

Sikova - 1227

1788 Avereage vs 1184

Again, even from just the players in this game we could make a much more even match.

How about

Count-Crochula, Sadan, Gaurex, and Casual Creep vs. Sikova, Somnax, Yoshi, and Ractus.

1460 vs 1512.

MUCH better.

Or, it could have taken Insomniaq who was waiting in que at the same time as a DPS at 1416 rating to replace Yoshi, letting us get 1442 vs 1446.

So, again.

Really, it shouldn't.

This is just one of 10s if not 100s of matches like this every day on POT5. Majorly discourages me from doing solo queue on any of my alts (or at all, for that matter) because I know it's going to take a solid 50+ games of this to RNG my way onto the high rated side of the fence, and even then it's still BS that this happens at all. I don't wanna play with or against 1200 players on my 1800 marauder. If there is no one else in queue, maybe, but when there is clearly a more balanced match that could be happening it's just super frustrating to play these matches out.

I'm sure Somnax knows what's up with this now. I've seen him trying to play his sorc and it's stuck in elo hell too! lol

Watched the Wildstar live stream last night and their class designer said something VERY interesting....

They put all their numbers into a spread sheet which compiles all the data and number crunches class balance. However, importantly he said 'its ok to have it all on a spread sheet and it tells you what should happen but the only way is to see the feedback from the players and number back from the data in game'.

Now if only Bioware took this approach. They bury their head in metrics and clearly either certain classes are where THEY want them to be so they won't do squat.

The Bioware live streams also proved just how little they play their own game and understand their classes. Maybe you guys could learn a few things from Carbine

Everyone in this thread is talking about ranked solo queue. You seem to be talking about normal WZ's.

Happened again last night. Somnomnomnomnomax count'crotchula myself and a random fourth against 4 people under 1300. I am relatively sure our fourth was 1500ish, my op is ~1380. Our entire team was higher than their entire team. Imp v imp match. Zero sense.

Rating is a joke to be honest.

In good ranking system rating start from 0 and never loose with every game - just increase with every win, quantity depending from opponent team rating. But its NEVER loose.

This is actually entirely incorrect. Under a system like that, rating expresses only the amount of games a person has played. The worst player in the world could easily be the most highly rated if he simply played enough.

The rating system the game uses is based off of ELO, which is a very solid rating system. The implementation just seems to be a bit off at the moment.

Edited by Skolops