SWTOR now marauder playground

xakanrn

Do not even play a skank tank .

But why make nerfs to virtually every class yet the marauders remain god like in pvp

Would not even too mind but now you go into pvp and more then 50% are marauders/sentinels and growing!

Is the future of pvp now we all roll marauders and have a battle of marauders only?

But why make nerfs to virtually every class yet the marauders remain god like in pvp

Would not even too mind but now you go into pvp and more then 50% are marauders/sentinels and growing!

Is the future of pvp now we all roll marauders and have a battle of marauders only?

I disagree with most of that, except the part about playing skanks

1. Mara’s are getting a nerf already, so not god like after that (and they aren’t that bad now, just slightly over tuned in defence)

2. Only good Mara’s are gods, which aren’t many in regs. Which means you can counter most of them if you know how to play,

3. Mara numbers are still in the minority of most matches I’m in on Satele and Star Forge. On average there are only 1-2 per match and half the time there are none at all.

4. There are way more Juggs, Sins, Mercs, Snipers, Operatives and Sins, than there Mara’s. So that statement about 50% being Mara’s is really exaggerated. I play Jugg and Guardian at the moment and we always out number Mara’s.

5. If you have more than 2 Mara’s on a team, I’d be shocked.

As with any melee, the amount of damage they can put out is a direct result of how consistently they can stay connected to their target. RA allowed Mara's to tip the scale in their favor quite heavily. They already have many great tools to stay connected. The amount of damage they do as a class is not out of balance, especially since other classes do more dmg and/or have better burst. The nerf to RA is actually one of the better nerfs I've seen. It's still a powerful ability and lends itself to increased situational survivability while removing the characteristic that tipped the scales.

I think what happens in most scenarios is people are confusing getting beat by good players for getting beat by overpowered classes.

As with any melee, the amount of damage they can put out is a direct result of how consistently they can stay connected to their target. RA allowed Mara's to tip the scale in their favor quite heavily. They already have many great tools to stay connected. The amount of damage they do as a class is not out of balance, especially since other classes do more dmg and/or have better burst. The nerf to RA is actually one of the better nerfs I've seen. It's still a powerful ability and lends itself to increased situational survivability while removing the characteristic that tipped the scales.

I think what happens in most scenarios is people are confusing getting beat by good players for getting beat by overpowered classes.

What are you talking about nerfing RA iS goInG To dEStRoY mURAdOR lEaVe mURAdOR aLoNE!!1!11!!1!

To revive the nerf mara thread..........

predation is still overtuned. I agree with everything said, defenses are gonna be put in a good place, and damage is already in a good place but predation is just too much. Try having 2,3,4 maras in 1 match it just becomes cancer. You will never be able to kite out the opposing team. Ever. not to mention that predation>stealth>running like a gazelle and waiting for combat to drop so you can htf might be one of the cheesiest, brain dead concepts in the game and that includes a game where at one point mercs had 3 htfs. Any way you look at it a mara's should not be able to out run an operative (what is considered the most mobile class in the game) and yet they do.

you think fury maras hurt? lets see if rage jugg makes a movement, and those 25k furious strike from maras turn into 34k FS from jugg.

like with mercs in 5.0 launch, one class kept the maras in check. take a look at these nerfs and buffs. juggs will be getting a dcd buff. you think mara stacking is bad, wait for jugg stacking, mass taunting, aoe slow, 34k FSs, stuns for days, and enrage def on 1:30 sec cds

EDIT: even worse than rage stacking would be triple veng stacking. dots for days and far more potent than mara + cc immunity

Edited by Seterade

you think fury maras hurt? lets see if rage jugg makes a movement, and those 25k furious strike from maras turn into 34k FS from jugg.

like with mercs in 5.0 launch, one class kept the maras in check. take a look at these nerfs and buffs. juggs will be getting a dcd buff. you think mara stacking is bad, wait for jugg stacking, mass taunting, aoe slow, 34k FSs, stuns for days, and enrage def on 1:30 sec cds

i will bet you 100 million galactic swtor credits that rage jugg is still dog**** after tomorrow

do you accept

predation is just too much. Try having 2,3,4 maras in 1 match it just becomes cancer.
predation really does need some sort of nerf

also the 45 second cooldown on camo feels too short to me in games with healers, I think 60s makes more sense

Edited by yellow_

nah, the issue with rage is lack of DR, and 5% isnt going to make that much of a difference. plus juggs have 0 stun immunity on rage. which is retarded since not only do they have no 30% stun DR (non stun immune classes sorc and merc) but they are melee

but I will still play it, because I perfer seeing the 29.5k FS over 22k impale

Edited by Seterade

EDIT: even worse than rage stacking would be triple veng stacking. dots for days and far more potent than mara + cc immunity

Juggs are popular in regs and the coming changes are certainly not going to change that. For ranked.... no. Unless the changes to ED will be completely over-tuned, then juggs - rage especially - will continue to be focused second, after pts.

and enrage def on 1:30 sec cds

Enrage def is the easiest "don’t touch me" ability to counter. Unlike ranged merc whith his bubbles, jugg has to stay in melee range to deal damage while being untouched, and kiting jugg is easy. I’m mediocre at best, but kiting jugg and countering ED is ez pz even for me, no matter how much health it will restore after buff.

predation really does need some sort of nerf

also the 45 second cool-down on camo feels too short to me in games with healers, I think 60s makes more sense

Agree on that. I mean I sometimes question myself whether sins have the benefits of "combat-out" over mara’s ability to camo every 45 seconds. Given that Expunging Camouflage perk was chosen and predation used before camo, it is as good as sin’s Force Cloack with Fade and Shroud of Madness.

people dont kite ED they burst it, cuz its trash

about 50% of inc dmg doesnt actually hl you, and because you take dmg then hl its possible to global while ED is up. in fact only an applied dot really will work on ED

also its a 15 count stck not a timer which means after 15 hls... bye ED, bye jugg

Edited by Seterade

people dont kite ED they burst it, cuz its trash

in 1 v 1 scenario you wouln't want to hit through ED, would you? I usually insta ww or kite it. Else, in group fight, it's not worth mentioning ofc.

Maybe I needed to clarify that I'm speking of 1 on 1 counter, and that's not relevant to the topic I guess:)

Edited by zhezvya

Trying to find patch notes or something about class changes for tomorrow, could not find any.

Can someone link here for me where are the upcoming changes for all classes?

its still on the first page of dev tracker. you should make a habit of clicking dev tracker when ever you first login to swtor forum

Edited by Seterade

god forbid a purely dps class has dps better then any other class that can dps/heal or dps/tank. and god forbid we have 2 dcd that worth damn that dont last more then 6 seconds, will ever other class had DCD that reflect and heal there asses back to full or said classes have base heal skills.. my marauder wants reflect that is worth damn that also heal me to full like like other classes have or cause almost other class that can dps/heal all have base heals.

I mean really god forbid pure dps class excels at dps and has weakest least amount DCD compared to other classes now look at you mercs and snipers followed by socrs and ops and 2 of those have base heals regardless of specs, and 3 of them have reflects added to there dcd.

BW need to leave marauders alone. there is already way more merchs/socrs and ops out there in wz then marauders. I love my marauders but they are not fun in pvp no more, and they ruined carnage with last set of "changes" and next set changes is probably gona remove the only "counter play" marauders have to mercs net all for sake of "counter play" which will make merc happen again fact that they didnt even address mercs dcd issue is bad enough and the fact they adding to DCD issue as whole make it worse.

Balance in broke in this game but they need to leave the damn maruaders alone.

What universe are you playing in? I barely see one or two Maras/Sents in any WZ.

Seems to me this is a thinly veiled "nerf Marauder" thread, which is funny considering they are getting a nerf to RA that everyone cried for. I guess there's no making some people happy.

in 1 v 1 scenario you wouln't want to hit through ED, would you? I usually insta ww or kite it. Else, in group fight, it's not worth mentioning ofc.

Maybe I needed to clarify that I'm speking of 1 on 1 counter, and that's not relevant to the topic I guess:)

Well, if you are a dotspec, you really don't have a choice but attack through them, although I do like to make those stacks vanish instantly.

Any class that can make dot proc automatically kills ED rather fast, making the stacks heal rather inefficiently.

Edited by memerobot

This reminds me of the good old days. They need to bring back smash monkey juggs!

This reminds me of the good old days. They need to bring back smash monkey juggs!

Correct! Only 50k smashes will make snipers / mercs / opers to run in fear! So, if we die, we kill them all too at list.

Edited by Gingishan