The change to ruthless aggressor utility: end of Annihilation marauder

omaan

As a player who's main is fury marauder i fully agree that ruthless aggressor utility needs to be nerfed/changed since having cc immunity from force crush + tech/force resistance from obfuscate provides inconceivable amount of cc/stun/push immunity making from fury marauder an unstoppable machine of killing, leaving no chances for other classes to escape their damage.

HOWEVER, is it clever to take this utility from annihilation marauder? This spec doesn't have any other cc immunity compared to fury mara, and together with vengeance juggernaut it has pretty unstable capability. Annihilation/vengeance dot spread is unstable because the ability these specs are using for dot spread has a cooldown (While dot sin and engi sniper doesn't have cooldowns on their main aoe abilities). Having a cooldown on a dot spread ability makes both vengeance juggernaut and annihilation marauder depend on situation and enemy team's incompetence, otherwise when you get all your dots on enemy right before using smash/vengeful slam for dot spread - you will get stun/push/cc etc or clever enemies who are skilled enough to watch simultaneously their cds and what enemy team is doing will step aside/draw back right in the moment you use your smash/vengeful slam which will result in fail dot spread.

Currently annihilation marauder is viable thanks to ruthless aggressor which provides him some resistance giving a chance not be stunned/pushed/cc'ed while spreading dots but as we all know developers decided to remove resistance buff from ALL marauder specs. I am pretty sure that with current changes to ruthless aggressor utility annihilation marauder will be pretty useless both in solo ranked and team ranked due to its weak capability in dot spread.

Moreover, annihilation marauder will be even less useful than vengeance juggernaut (which isn't very popular in team ranked and solo ranked) because at least vengeance juggernaut has the 4 second cc/stun immunity which he receives after using force charge which provides him a minor opportunity for successful dot spread before he gets stunned/pushed/cc'ed.

I predict that with new changes to ruthless aggressor many people will stop playing annihilation marauder in ranked, and will likely switch to such aoe specs like engi sniper and dot sin which are less dependable on situation and luck in dot spread

Annihilation is mostly a PvE spec.

It will still be VERY powerful and you can still take blood ward for queuing solo. Ruthless Agressor was overpowered and even its new iteration should be removed.

You're meant to PvP in fury which is still going to be op.

And stop meme'ing vengeance jug, that few sec after leap is near useless with problems of the class. Annihiltion is still going to be hundred times better with its survivability.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Annihilation is mostly a PvE spec.

It will still be VERY powerful and you can still take blood ward for queuing solo. Ruthless Agressor was overpowered and even its new iteration should be removed.

You're meant to PvP in fury which is still going to be op.

And stop meme'ing vengeance jug, that few sec after leap is near useless with problems of the class. Annihiltion is still going to be hundred times better with its survivability.

Who needs a dot spread class which can survive good but not able to do its role? People in tr will now just cc/stun/push anni mara while zerging weaker enemy (sorc, dot sin, sniper etc). Its great survivability wont help in dot spreading. Currently no one is playing vengeance jugg serious in tr or sr because their dot spread fails too much and their survivability is bad. With new changes anni mara will be failing in dot spread but become the most tanky dps spec in the game

Edited by omaan

Who needs a dot spread class which can survive good but not able to do its role? People in tr will now just cc/stun/push anni mara while zerging weaker enemy (sorc, dot sin, sniper etc). Its great survivability wont help in dot spreading. Currently no one is playing vengeance jugg serious in tr or sr because their dot spread fails too much and their survivability is bad. With new changes anni mara will be failing in dot spread but become the most tanky dps spec in the game

You will actually be able to CC a mara now with RA up?! THE HORROR!

Anni will still be good, Jesus Christ. It has amazing survivability. Calm down.

Dude, dot spreading as anni mara is so much more easier tahn jug. You can spam Smash like every 4 seconds with reduced cooldown.

If you don't know how/can't beat a class, it's OP.

Except there was not a single counter to ruthless agressor unless you were another marauder or a stealth class who could toggle invisibility or guided by bioware for its duration

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

You will actually be able to CC a mara now with RA up?! THE HORROR!

Anni will still be good, Jesus Christ. It has amazing survivability. Calm down.

You are paying attention to wrong matters. I never wrote it had or will have problems with survivability YET the dot spread will fail because this game provides too many cc's, stuns, pushbacks etc. Taking resistance from fury mara is a good idea since it already has force crush cc immunity. But anni mara as a dot spread spec needs something to be able to do dot spread successfully.

Dude, dot spreading as anni mara is so much more easier tahn jug. You can spam Smash like every 4 seconds with reduced cooldown.

U take 2 dots on your target but right before you use smash - you bet stunned, pushed, rooted, cc'ed etc or skilled enemies just stepping aside from smash range and returning back after you use it = rip dot spread, loose of dps. Even 4 sec cc immunity with force charge isn't saving vengeance jugg from being interrupted during dot spread. Now guess what will happen to anni mara which will have ZERO immunity.

every class can counter it... outplaying 6 seconds of immunity to ccs that are related to yellow damage (not every cc is yellow damage) shall be doable for everyone with a brain.... yes even a pt shall be able to do this (obviosuly with a brain used too)

U take 2 dots on your target but right before you use smash - you bet stunned, pushed, rooted, cc'ed etc or skilled enemies just stepping aside from smash range and returning back after you use it = rip dot spread, loose of dps. Even 4 sec cc immunity with force charge isn't saving vengeance jugg from being interrupted during dot spread. Now guess what will happen to anni mara which will have ZERO immunity.

yea, ofc. I mean its not like decent players would know 100 better applications for any kind of cc than preventing an anni mara from dot spreading... they literally make a plan before the match so they chain all their ccs in a ways so the eneemy annihilation marauder cant use a single dot spread..

like seriosuly... this is the least thing id waste my ccs on...

Comparision to veng jugg on anni.... lol

maybe you arent aware, but the veng jugg cc immunity is a parody of force crush on fury mara, they just put it on venge so rage was "different" from fury. Tbh Wtb cc immunity on force crush rage jugg. Venge can keep the 20% DR

Edited by Seterade

every class can counter it... outplaying 6 seconds of immunity to ccs that are related to yellow damage (not every cc is yellow damage) shall be doable for everyone with a brain.... yes even a pt shall be able to do this (obviosuly with a brain used too)

lmao, dude this 6 seconds of immunity to cc and yellow damage is accompanied by a nearly 100% miss chance on white damage. Do you even know what you're saying?

lmao, dude this 6 seconds of immunity to cc and yellow damage is accompanied by a nearly 100% miss chance on white damage. Do you even know what you're saying?

its a 75% resist chance to yellow damage... not to cc....

if you cant kite a mara for 6 seconds you screwed up i guess ^^

and lol yea i know what im saying... not defending maras at all... but the new change is perfectly fine and people are absolutely going overkill now...

especially the "omg annihilation dot spread will never again worj" thing...

and im 100% sure that if you lose against a class because yoi are unable to damage it for 6 seconds you absolutely do sth wrong... not many classes will lose to an equal skill mara in a duel...

its a 75% resist chance to yellow damage... not to cc....

if you cant kite a mara for 6 seconds you screwed up i guess ^^

and lol yea i know what im saying... not defending maras at all... but the new change is perfectly fine and people are absolutely going overkill now...

especially the "omg annihilation dot spread will never again worj" thing...

and im 100% sure that if you lose against a class because yoi are unable to damage it for 6 seconds you absolutely do sth wrong... not many classes will lose to an equal skill mara in a duel...

lel rip how do u wanna kite mara who has one of the best mobility in the game and u cant even slow him for teh duration of ruthless xDDDDDDDDDDDD

lel rip how do u wanna kite mara who has one of the best mobility in the game and u cant even slow him for teh duration of ruthless xDDDDDDDDDDDD

I assume you are one of those who do it wrong...^^

1st. certain classes can cc a mara through that

2nd. staying out of 4 meteres isnt that hard unless you are against neyorus, zherio or so in which case i assume youd get rekt anyways...

3rd. its *********** 6 seconds where you cant hit him... if you die against a amara cuz of that you are just doing it wrong

it was too strong yea... but its not a gamechanger.... neither will it deatroy annihilation... holy ****...

I assume you are one of those who do it wrong...^^

1st. certain classes can cc a mara through that

2nd. staying out of 4 meteres isnt that hard unless you are against neyorus, zherio or so in which case i assume youd get rekt anyways...

3rd. its *********** 6 seconds where you cant hit him... if you die against a amara cuz of that you are just doing it wrong

it was too strong yea... but its not a gamechanger.... neither will it deatroy annihilation... holy ****...

90% of all CC in the game is force/tech i.e. can be resisted. The exceptions are a few roots and low slash, which if you were the target of obfuscate, are even less likely to go through. I don't know how you never noticed this.

I'm guessing based on your sig you're a concealment main. In that case yeah, of course you laugh at any person's cooldowns like all concealment mains do, because you have 3 seconds of immunity to all damage available every 13 seconds, and since you can't attack while you're rolling anyways, you lose nothing by just rolling the duration of Ruthless Aggressor. Most classes don't have a convenient option like that always available.

Edited by wadecounty

Anni mara is gonna go back to 4.0 where the damage is extremely powerful in the right hands and in teamranked but otherwise will not be used in solos. But calm down, you still have carnage and fury.

Yes fury might have been the only "overtuned" spec with RA, but not having the CC immunity from RA is definently not going to break anni or carnage.

Edited by septru

90% of all CC in the game is force/tech i.e. can be resisted. The exceptions are a few roots and low slash, which if you were the target of obfuscate, are even less likely to go through. I don't know how you never noticed this.

I'm guessing based on your sig you're a concealment main. In that case yeah, of course you laugh at any person's cooldowns like all concealment mains do, because you have 3 seconds of immunity to all damage available every 13 seconds, and since you can't attack while you're rolling anyways, you lose nothing by just rolling the duration of Ruthless Aggressor. Most classes don't have a convenient option like that always available.

theres also flash bang, and snipers hard stun and the aoe mezz from warriors and im not 100% sure without checkong now but i think whirlwind also doesnt deal any damage...

and again mate... its just 6 seconds of immunity ... you really can survive thst...

and yes concealment ia my main class... but i also play alts sometimes... but id highly aporeciate you just rolling one and see how you get rekt cuz its not as op as you say at all ^^

Anni mara is gonna go back to 4.0 where the damage is extremely powerful in the right hands and in teamranked but otherwise will not be used in solos. But calm down, you still have carnage and fury.

Yes fury might have been the only "overtuned" spec with RA, but not having the CC immunity from RA is definently not going to break anni or carnage.

Sadly but i doubt it will return to 4.0 state because since then devs nerfed its dps (as you remember one of the nerfs was to overload saber). But the problem is not in dps but in absolute lack of any stun/cc immunity which will come with changes to RA. It seems that when devs change or nerf something about advanced classes they arent considering that different specs within these classes ARE DIFFERENT, and demand different approaches.

theres also flash bang, and snipers hard stun and the aoe mezz from warriors and im not 100% sure without checkong now but i think whirlwind also doesnt deal any damage...

and again mate... its just 6 seconds of immunity ... you really can survive thst...

and yes concealment ia my main class... but i also play alts sometimes... but id highly aporeciate you just rolling one and see how you get rekt cuz its not as op as you say at all ^^

You don't understand how CC is counted in this game. Every CC you just listed even without dealing damage still classify as force/tech attacks, meaning if you have force/tech resist chance, you can resist them. Since RA currently gives resist chance instead of damage reduction, it means while it is active, the Marauder resists 75% of all CC used on him.

You don't understand how CC is counted in this game. Every CC you just listed even without dealing damage still classify as force/tech attacks, meaning if you have force/tech resist chance, you can resist them. Since RA currently gives resist chance instead of damage reduction, it means while it is active, the Marauder resists 75% of all CC used on him.

Maras have a 75% chance to resist tech/force abilities* just a correction. You got it though.

Resist chance is activated it means that ability literally goes into the void. That’s why RA is op.