Too many Stuns, Rolls, Roots and overall CCs

LuciusEverbane

Operatives/Scoundrels need to be watered down. That Class has way too much control and damage output that exceed the amount of abilities and Utilities that any other Class has to successfully defeat them. That Class has way too many Rolls, Stuns, Roots, Slows, and CC Breakers. After you've used all your survivability it's only a matter of time before you lose. That Class is too OP.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I solo operatives who have 130k HP with my assassins, either in tank or deception spec. I soloed a sniper while being hammered by a concealment operative and the sniper itself and had a fair shot versus the operative itself (reinforcements came). Which class exactly do you play? If you are a Powertech then your class is indeed quite underpowered right now. Else you should have quite a fair game.

Lemme also mention that operatives have only 1 CC breaker. They have no other ability which they can activate while already CCed to break it. They do however have abilities that might make your CCing ability miss in the 1st place. You just need to make sure not to waste it while the immunity is up.

I won't say "L2P", more like "know your enemy better". In order to do so, go play an operative and replicate the beating that you have experienced on other players. When they manage to kill you, go back to your class and replicate what they did to you when you fight other operatives. It might be a few "rounds" before you learn the idea completely, but it works vs any class.

Frankly, all classes need the stuns, ccs and bumps removed. There should be one class ONLY that can do a stun and it should be only a minor thing, not a stun lock. Any damage should break it, and it should be very short compared to time it takes to cap an objective.

The current situation of these is why PvP on swtor is such a joke. It is like being a pinball that you cannot control. Not sure why a keyboard/mouse is needed really.

Frankly, all classes need the stuns, ccs and bumps removed. There should be one class ONLY that can do a stun and it should be only a minor thing, not a stun lock. Any damage should break it, and it should be very short compared to time it takes to cap an objective.

The current situation of these is why PvP on swtor is such a joke. It is like being a pinball that you cannot control. Not sure why a keyboard/mouse is needed really.

seems to me like a l2p issue...

the way you play around and use ccs is one of the core elements in pvp... and there should definitely be not less of it... ou just need to learn how to play with/against ccs to be good at pvp... bioware is not supposed to make the game braindead easy so that even noobs can achieve sth just by luck

Sounds like "PVP in this game should be like PVP in other games", which is logical but not necessarily correct. SWTOR PVP is different than other games, and specifically, when stuns are concerned, not in a bad way. It simply means that experience in other MMOs doesn't "translate" so well into SWTOR as effortlessly as it can translate to other game, and the combat tactics and dueling tactics are different. Note that in this game your resource pool is harder to exhaust (if you play your class well) and sometimes impossible to exhaust (if you play lightning :p), and in addition most DCDs do not use the resource pull. This is mostly the reason why we have more stuns, else think how hard it would be to stop healers from healing. If there is a problem in the current way PVP works it is the fact that half the stats have barely partial to no effect in PVP (def, acc, shl, abs), and the spec imbalance in H2F capabilities. The stuns are OK. I get to stun as much as I get stunned, and rarely find it irritating.

If not for stuns, for example, huttball would be even more of an operative-fest than it is now. Truly a spec-unfair game. Also if sap-capping couldn't be a thing, objective PVP would almost always be decided by the number of healers. Some classes are underpowered in the control department, they should have it raised to either stun more or break more or be able to get more immunity. PVP in this game will be far more monotonic without that many stuns.

There is a strong correlation between players who lack game knowledge and who have extreme complains about the resolve system in this game or ccs.

There is minor bugs in the resolve system but it is by all accounts it’s a soild system for swtor pvp. Everyone gets a 4-second hardstun; doesn’t break on damage and one 8-second mez (but pt) that breaks on damage. 2 4-second hardstuns give you full resolve. 2 mezzes also build full resolve. The system balances around having the longest possible stun duration that breaks on damage so you have no fear of dying.If you get double hardstunned it’s shorter but it’s impossible for one class to 100 to 0 you in a double hardstun window. 2 of each or 1 of each will always give you full resolve so you can easily escape or pop dcds after to get away. The system is actually a well designed one and it makes sense.

Stop breaking everything, save your breaker for when it matters and maybe you will all whine less about ccs. And for god sakes go read a fing guide.

There is minor bugs in the resolve system but it is by all accounts it’s a soild system for swtor pvp. ... The system is actually a well designed one and it makes sense.

No, it's absolute trash. While it works semi-well with incapacitation (hard stuns/mezzes), it enormously fails when it comes to all the slows/roots/electro nets.

Operatives have 1 hard stun : debilitate | just like every other class in the game, we have a cc (flashbang) every class in the game has a cc. our burst is not the best . snipers, maras, pts, mercs, all have better burst then an operative. we don't have the best dcds, maras and mercs have better dcds, our best dcd is roll and we have to use it as a gap closer as well as a defensive abiltity. an op without roll and breaker is really squishy. all you need to do is not waste breaker and dps when there roll is on cooldown. if the operative is good you will have troubles but that is with everyclass opers have roots and almost every class has a root cleanse, force speed, hydralics, predation, countermeasures, i think jugs have endure pain, and if you have a cleanse you can cleanse the root too, you just need to know how an op plays and thinks to counter them

No, it's absolute trash. While it works semi-well with incapacitation (hard stuns/mezzes), it enormously fails when it comes to all the slows/roots/electro nets.

Roots and slows can be purged, cleansed or even mitigiated by movement abilities. I don’t see it as a “failure” just because resolve doesn’t work for these minimal ccs. The ones that matter are ones which get you out of the fight without letting you react with popping dcds or cds.

Net shouldn’t even be discussed here. Net is outside of everything. It’s was added because the devs were too lazy or clueless how to make mercs viable so they just take them a god-tier ability to compensate.

Edited by kissingaiur

Net shouldn’t even be discussed here. Net is outside of everything. It’s was added because the devs were too lazy or clueless how to make mercs viable so they just take them a god-tier ability to compensate.

Copy+paste for each new merc ability or utility ever since :rolleyes:

There is a strong correlation between players who lack game knowledge and who have extreme complains about the resolve system in this game or ccs.

Not all complaints about CC in SWTOR are L2P issues. I know how the resolve system works and what each classes stuns, roots, and mezzes are and do..

I just find the large amount of CC in the game not fun. Although it isn't the main cause of high TTK in the game it is a contributing factor. All those timeouts and slows interrupt damage rotations.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Not all complaints about CC in SWTOR are L2P issues. I know how the resolve system works and what each classes stuns, roots, and mezzes are and do..

I just find the large amount of CC in the game not fun. Although it isn't the main cause of high TTK in the game it is a contributing factor. All those timeouts and slows interrupt damage rotations.

My point is *majority* of the time it is. I have played for a very long time. This system not a failure or trash, it is actually pretty solid and thought out. Players really don’t understand how good they have it because there is little to compare it to.

TTK gets lowered when the stunning is done correctly on the healer, so it cuts both ways. When 2 DPS duel, I have never felt over-stunned, and the duel flowed quite nicely (except for these cases when you stun the enemy just as he gave you a rooting push and therefore you are both just staring each other for 3 seconds), and never lasted more than 80 seconds before someone either died, escaped or got help.

As I said the PVP in this game is different and is more stun oriented than in other games which focus more on resource exhaustion. People might find the form of the other games more fun, but this is a matter of opinion and habit, not right or wrong.

there are only 2 thing about ops that are better than anything else, and both are exclusive to concealment.

1) they have a hitbox abusable root on a 15 sec cd, acting as a half stun. sure you could save your purge for it, but your already chasing point number 2)

2) resist roll. just starting with the fact that with no utility help it is a full 10 seconds shorter than any movement increase in the game. second, it full resists everything, which is also unique. ex: a sniper roll - mad dash - rocket out all resist stuns, and roots. but, a RO-SR-MD all retain dmging effects after moevement ends, creeping terror dot being a good example. on op this does not happpen, they simple resist it.

Some people look at number two and say "well you can just watch it and wait for it to be over" not that easy. consider the fact that a rotation window is about 5 secs, then interupt it for 3 and see what happpens to your rotation. and two, almost every single "big burst" in this game has a longer cd than 10 seconds. TB on sorc, Dem on dot, TD on pt, you could go through every class in the game, but in the end combining a 10 sec cd resist and a hitbox root create a class that will beat you, unless your skill exceeds his

Edited by Seterade

2) resist roll. just starting with the fact that with no utility help it is a full 10 seconds shorter than any movement increase in the game. second, it full resists everything, which is also unique. ex: a sniper roll - mad dash - rocket out all resist stuns, and roots. but, a RO-SR-MD all retain dmging effects after moevement ends, creeping terror dot being a good example. on op this does not happpen, they simple resist it.

Covered Escape and Mad Dash both work exactly like Exfiltrate (Shadow Operative Elite) when it comes to resistance. Covered Escape ("Sniper Roll") in addition purges any movement-impairment.

all three of those retain dot and dmg debuffs obtained during resist. test it in a duel vs a dot sorc

it will only resist the intiatal dmg. exfiltrate will resist both effects and dmg

on an unrelated note, you can also att during mad dash, its not well known but you can use a warriors aoe cc during mad dash, which is both kinda cool, and.. another difference from exfiltrate

Edited by Seterade

all three of those retain dot and dmg debuffs obtained during resist. test it in a duel vs a dot sorc

it will only resist the intiatal dmg. exfiltrate will resist both effects and dmg

I'm pretty sure you're wrong as usual, but it's 3 AM and I have noone to test it with right now.

on an unrelated note, you can also att during mad dash, its not well known but you can use a warriors aoe cc during mad dash, which is both kinda cool, and.. another difference from exfiltrate

Unless there's some trickery I'm not aware of, Mad Dash triggers a GCD and as such disallows using anything that's on the GCD.

last time I was wrong, I not only posted a screenshot oof my mistake but flat admited it with a post that said "clearly" which you then followed up with a "I told you so speech" with an assumtion that I was being sarcastic despite the clear screenshot proof I myself provided. in which I told you this is why most dont post seriously here, one example directly related being dev responce to why they dont "because pvp posters are touchy" a loose rewording because I dont feel llike looking up the original post Edited by Seterade

last time I was wrong, I not only posted a screenshot oof my mistake but flat admited it with a post that said "clearly" which you then followed up with a "I told you so speech" with an assumtion that I was being sarcastic despite the clear screenshot proof I myself provided. in which I told you this is why most dont post seriously here, one example directly related being dev responce to why they dont "because pvp posters are touchy" a loose rewording because I dont feel llike looking up the original post

If I mistook your admission as sarcasm, then I hereby apologize.

Onto the matter at hand: how can you activate AoE mez during Mad Dash?

Edited by Schoock

after testing it on my 70 jugg with and without gear, due to his GCD reduction from 15% alacrity he can press mezz before MD finishs

EDIT: Im going to work with this a bit. in practice it doesnt work outside of a duel despite seeing (INSERT RE****) from EU do it serveral times within a duel

Edited by Seterade

after testing it on my 70 jugg with and without gear, due to his GCD reduction from 15% alacrity he can press mezz before MD finishs

That's the same for all the other similar abilities. In fact, Operatives have a noticeable window of time when their roll is over but their immunity is still up.