Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kai Zykken Merchant Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Kai Zykken Merchant Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kinseih
08.31.2019 , 02:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
I like the idea of this merchant (ok itīs eso-like but whatever).

But itīs too expensive. Since there is a cap on the components you can only get 2 items per week.
The variety is great. But the crafters probably wonīt like the RNG for the schematics.
My sentiments exactly. Love the concept, but the prices need to come down to make him useful.
Kinsei Seidaino
The Seidaino Legacy on Star Forge
RP Locales below available for events: DM for Keys
Temple Ruins Art Gallery Research Center

benmas
08.31.2019 , 02:25 PM | #12
everything is overpriced .
Waythuk

The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus

Flying-Brian
08.31.2019 , 02:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • How does the pricing feel on the items (tech fragments and credits)?
  • Do you feel like he has an adequate variety of items?
  • Anything else to add?
The pricing with tech fragments are too high. Since this vendor is limted to once per week, and you can only have a maximum of 3000TF since they are legacy bound, this will make trying to obtain set bonus pieces for both main and alts painfully slow. I say remove the cap from the maximum amount of TF that you can have.

The items he has are the only way to deirectly obtain set bonus pieces. There needs to be another way of directly getting the pieces you need, such has tokens from OPS that allow you to choose the piece of gear (like boss A drops a chest piece token).

The RNG for the mods in the gear needs to be removed. If I am having to pay this high of a price, for what is end game set bonus gear, I want the correct unlettered mods that are at the same level on them. Just because the stats are higher then what you currently have does not mean that they are better. As it stands right now you can get a piece of gear and between the armor/mod/enhancement, all 3 are at different level ratings (ie. 274/270/272) and then the stats are all screwed up with the wrong versions of the mods in them. It is not fun at all to continuously buy and return the same piece of gear for hours, trying to win the game of RNG roulette, so that I can get an unlettered adept mod with the correct type of enhancement that is needed and have everything be at a higher level then what you have so it is an actual upgrade.

To put how annoying this is another way. Ask the persion on the game design team that came up with this if they would like the have the same system implemented with their pay check. For every hour they work, their pay scale is RNG. They might make less, they might make more. But they will never ever make the same amount.

This needs to be changed.

cibacrome
08.31.2019 , 09:12 PM | #14
I understand very well what the items are from the vendors, but I also see that devs are inching toward a Korean MMO level of grind. You really haven't listened at all, and if you do not make SIGNIFICANT changes to drop %, breakdown value, and vendor costs, this game will lose a ton of players, including me.

I realize this is PTS and it's all very premature, but I'm not even sure I understand how devs thought we'd be able to test this? The prices are so high it will take weeks of running just to afford a single piece. I've run 8 Hammer MM, 1 Dxun, and 3 Hammer VM and still have barely enough to get a single RNG piece, and not even 1/2 way to a Kai Zykken piece. Add to that the layers of RNG from both vendors, and my stress and frustration level is high enough to probably quit the game if changes to this aren't massive.

Overall the level of stinginess in PTS - gear drops, vendor prices, breakdown value of gear, is at 'wicked witch of wallstreet' levels (google it).

IoNonSoEVero
08.31.2019 , 11:33 PM | #15
Way too overpriced, and this, combined with the ridiculous Random Gear Vendor Game, means that good gear is going to be out of reach for a lot of players. You really do want casual players (groupers or not) to go away, don't you? That's what the intention seems to be.

Pauly
09.01.2019 , 12:12 AM | #16
Hey everyone: remember click the booster terminal on Odessen a bunch of times for credits, go buy tons of the new medpacks, and disassemble for lots of Tech Fragments (did 700 at time before hitting the 3000 cap). Do this over and over to test out the system. I did this for about three hours tonight and have min/maxed green 270 gear and then you can test out the Kai Zaikken gear too. With the credits you can also play around with the amplifiers.
Jul 21 2011 CE VIP Founder
The Outlander Legacy - Legendary (Shadowlands)
Phocias (Lvl 70 Human Sentinel)
Referral Link (please click): http://www.swtor.com/r/F5JtX6

Balameb
09.01.2019 , 09:25 AM | #17
  • How does the pricing feel on the items (tech fragments and credits)?
  • Do you feel like he has an adequate variety of items?
  • Anything else to add?
I think is a bit expensive. Some credit sinks are good but this is just too much.
What i don't like most, is the RNG. Really, pay attention to what people disliked about gearing in 5.0, it was the RNG part mostly. So please, stop it already:
RNG loot that ignores class and specs.
RNG crates from renown
RNG piece for tech parts
RNG availability from this merchant.

Is all RNG. I think the merchants should be:
* Cheap RNG per Slot/Spect box.
* Expensive (but not this expensive) direct purchase of specific piece (and schematics).

You really need to consider that rotating the availability and stock of this merchant will be a nightmare for those that cannot play all the time.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

nkarapinha
09.01.2019 , 12:13 PM | #18
How does the pricing feel on the items (tech fragments and credits)?
It seems a bit overpriced at least in terms of tech fragments, but in terms of credits i think its okay.
Since we can chose the item we want.

Do you feel like he has an adequate variety of items?
Yes

Anything else to add?
I think that since this sets/tactical will be more important now i think that the tech fragments should be removed from the price, or drastically lowered.
I would not mind giving 1 million credits per piece...

silosaridious
09.01.2019 , 02:59 PM | #19
I think the pricing seems quite high given what we get from running content and the fact that unfortunately, while we are able to choose a set bonus, the mods in it are still rng. The list of items is long and I have no idea why it was all put in a single merchant instead of separated into different class vendors (and a general one) to make finding things much easier. That sort of separation is implemented with the MUCH more player friendly (non-rng) vendors we currently have in that area on live. I was hoping this vendor would be a good way to circumvent a lot of the stupid rngfest that gearing in the expansion looks like it'll end up being and am very dissapointed that it is yet more rng on top of not having everything available at once.

DeannaVoyager
09.02.2019 , 02:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post

To put how annoying this is another way. Ask the persion on the game design team that came up with this if they would like the have the same system implemented with their pay check. For every hour they work, their pay scale is RNG. They might make less, they might make more. But they will never ever make the same amount.

This needs to be changed.
This ^^