Dissapointment With Boss Loot Drops

Now, this is not a whine thread, nor am I complaining. However it is quite frustrating to work myself ragged healing a group to death in instances only to get nothing from it.

I've lost count of the number of flashpoints I've healed where the only items I got were the ones everyone else passed on because not even their companions could equip them XD . Either that or it's something that nobody else in the party can use and I can't sell because it's bind on pickup (or use the mods if it's orange because it will inevitably have all the wrong stats).

Now, I don't want "free epics" or easy loot. I played FFXI from release and believe me that game made you work HARD for your loot and it was entirely possible to go months in Dynamis without anything remotely useful for your class dropping (Funnily enough the entire playerbase nearly threw a parade in Sqaure-Enix's honour when they drastically improved the drop rates for Relic gear and Ancient Currency).

But they made healing in this game a challenge (well at least compared to WoW and every MMO that folowed it). I just find it frustrating that I'm hardly being rewarded at all for my effort while Leeroy over there spent the entire Flashpoint charging off from pack to pack, without letting me take the couple of seconds it takes to Meditate and top off my force to 100% yet he gets something from every boss (Seriously it takes like 5 seconds to go from 0 to 600 force so there is literally no downside at all to letting a Consular/Inquisitor Rest between pulls to top off their force).

Is anyone else running into a similar problem. Like I said, I'm not whining or complaining. I'm not expecting handouts either. I'm just expressing my frustration that working hard can often gain no reward in Flashpoints.

Hm, I am only underwhelemd by the stats of the gear we got so far. Most of the items I could actually use (and there were few) hardly gave any improvements. Though I do blame bad luck on this one.

On another issue, as Consular and generally any healer you should not get under 80% resources during non Boss fights. Maybe you need to look at your abilities on that one. Only chances where I usually go below 50% are long boss fights, and after those the people are always busy looting, so I can meditate in peace.

So you're frustrated because you perceive your role (healer) as being more difficult, and thus, being more important than tank and DPS.

Whatever.

In my groups I move very quick. Who cares if you're not completely full? You should NEVER have to restore force unless something has gone really, really wrong.

It's a force of habit from FFXI. You generally never wanted to go into a fight without the healer having 100% MP just in case unless it was a farming or levelling party.

And my force points honestly depends on the level/gear of my tank and the awareness/general intelligence of my DPSers.

Also in Hard mode Flashpoints and Operations, you will NEED that full force bar for each encounter just in case (unless you have a stupidly well geared tank of course).

My personal experience with the flashpoints thus far (level 29) is that the loot drops tend to be extremely streaky. On almost every run with my usual group of 4, drops have been geared toward a single player on the team, with another group member getting maybe a single drop, if that, and the other two members getting nothing usable.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the loot tables, a problem with BW's choice of RNG or just a combination of perception plus the fact that even a perfectly random RNG will still have a crapton of nonrandom-appearing outliers when so many loot rolls are being made per day.