Hardmode Battle for Tython (65 version)

What's the deal with Master Oric? We spent 3 hours trying to kill him and he just did so much damage that it was impossible. Our full group (all guild and using voice comms) was full 208 gear and level 65, and our best attempt was getting him to 42% after I switched to heals (we had to run double heal to keep up with his damage). Even with two heals, tons of running back, he still murdered us quickly.

Points before you ask:

We always killed the datacron ASAP, he never once got the buff.

We tanked him in the hallway so no one got hit by falling debris.

Our group was 3 ranged (2 healers) and a melee tank, he tanked Oric far enough away that when he lost aggro Oric never made it to us before he recovered.

Even with myself (sorcerer) and the merc healer spamming heals we just couldn't keep up. The Force Wave ability would hit for 30k+ Then a random single target Debris would hit for another 30k in quick succession, almost guaranteeing a death.

We destroyed 4 hardmode flashpoints in like 30 mins each before we hit this brick wall of a boss. So what's the deal here, why is this flashpoint so drastically overtuned compared to the others.

• 4 months later...

From my experience, it is a massive healing check, even more so if players don't move and get hit by a couple blue circles. Not impossible for a 224 progression healer but very challenging - especially if the DPS manage to not kill the holocron and buff the boss so he does even more damage (had this happen once, fun times). And I can see why average healers will fail on the boss.

Obviously, the boss should be killable by any groupfinder group (especially since level 50 players can queue for it) so it has to be nerfed. But the whole endgame is so unbalanced that one difficult boss doesn't matter much, and I don't expect a balance pass anytime soon.

Edited by Jerba