Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm torn between Cybertech/Biochem/Synth

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
I'm torn between Cybertech/Biochem/Synth

NesisLegend
11.21.2012 , 01:51 PM | #1
So I started an imp alt. I'm basically mirroring my Guardian, but I wanted to try a different skill. I have Biochem on my Guardian it's good, but I don't feel like it offers me anything while I progress other than medpacs and stims. Is it worth it to go Cybertech/Synth?

Geseb_Var
11.21.2012 , 02:06 PM | #2
I've made enough money on my Merc as a cybertech, selling ship parts and mounts pays pretty well.

But if you run loads of PvE content, the only way to min/max yourself and save money at the same time is to Biochem it up.
Prophecy of the Five
The Var Legacy
Lizzi - Human Sorceror | Geseb - Cyborg Juggernaut | Rindern - Miraluka Assassin | Wirken - Miraluka Sniper

olemanbourbon
11.21.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3
you can always just roll a class up only for the crafting. go until you get your 3rd companion and just craft/crew quest on that toon.

Rhinzual
11.21.2012 , 04:04 PM | #4
PvE content (Flashpoints) will give you pretty much the best gear for your level. However, if you have alts who can craft purple mods/armorings/enhancements for your Juggernaut, then Synthweaving would be better since your melee DPS companion gets Synthweaving critical +5, so crafting orange gear with them is much more likely to create augment slots.

That and if you ever end up going Preferred, then losing out on FPs won't be such a huge hit.

ScarletBlaze
11.21.2012 , 04:05 PM | #5
I'm an Synthweaver and i've done pretty good but I make augments and augment kits but i also have quite a few modable outfits.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR