Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finding this game to be an issue with it's intense storyline system heh. I see I will have to roll 8 characters out just for the different storylines lol.

Already done, my friend. All sitting in cantinas. I had to stop hopping around when I realized that, because my sith and repub are on diff servers, my siths weren't contributing to a legacy, so I parked 3 of the 4 and am getting my Agent to the end of Chapt 1 so every toon I play builds on a legacy. Lvl 15 legacy on Repub side, need to get my Sith name rolling :)

Without spoilers..

I counted over 30 quests I'd missed, one after another, with pauses for quests (you can't continue down the chain until you do the quests). When this goes live, be prepared to dedicate some time for your hot padawan's issues :)

This right here is why I'm extremely frustrated with the JK issue. Yes I know they said they were going to fix it in 1.1. Someone else mentioned exactly what I am feeling which is why did they wait for 1.1 to fix the issue instead of working on game breaking issues first? Yes the green lasers are annoying but they didn't break quests. The JK issue has removed a big portion of the JK story experience. I could care less about the romance, I want to see the story and these "30+" quests I have missed out on. Bioware has shown they can release small patches as well as big ones. I just wish they would release story breaking bugs fast instead of making the broken JKs wait 3-5 weeks while we keep paying our 14 bucks a month.

To all the forum trolls and people who feel they are required to harass players who are missing out, move along. People are not telling you how to play, what to enjoy, or what part of your story to skip. Please respect the Jedi Knights who want to see their class and story the way Bioware intended.

This right here is why I'm extremely frustrated with the JK issue. Yes I know they said they were going to fix it in 1.1. Someone else mentioned exactly what I am feeling which is why did they wait for 1.1 to fix the issue instead of working on game breaking issues first? Yes the green lasers are annoying but they didn't break quests. The JK issue has removed a big portion of the JK story experience. I could care less about the romance, I want to see the story and these "30+" quests I have missed out on. Bioware has shown they can release small patches as well as big ones. I just wish they would release story breaking bugs fast instead of making the broken JKs wait 3-5 weeks while we keep paying our 14 bucks a month.

To all the forum trolls and people who feel they are required to harass players who are missing out, move along. People are not telling you how to play, what to enjoy, or what part of your story to skip. Please respect the Jedi Knights who want to see their class and story the way Bioware intended.

I share your frustration. Let me comfort you a bit by saying the majority of these 30+ quests were 15 sec conversations :) But I could tell as I went through them where they were supposed to be...after Voss, at various story points that I recognized, and I would have enjoyed seeing them in line with the story, but I'm just happy to see them at all.

I understood the risks in leveling at the speed I did and I appreciate BW fixing this for me.

I totally agree with you :D

So it is confirmed that Kira is fixed for all JK than? Honestly I've been so frustrated that my Jedi is so dusty he prolly has a months worth of Rested XP saved up heh. It's been over two weeks since I logged on other than to transfer some spare credits to my Trooper.

I'm sitting on Balmorra and getting a constant message "Kira wants to talk to you aboard your ship". When I get back to my ship and chat with her....nothing. I've noticed this thread and havent read through the 175+ pages. Hoping someone can provide some "Coles Notes" answers. Is there a fix out?

I'm sitting on Balmorra and getting a constant message "Kira wants to talk to you aboard your ship". When I get back to my ship and chat with her....nothing. I've noticed this thread and havent read through the 175+ pages. Hoping someone can provide some "Coles Notes" answers. Is there a fix out?

Have you tried clicking her directly or using the intercomm?

I get that icon on their portraits all the time. A sure fire way to tell if they really want to talk to you is to right click your companion. They will usually say something like: "When we got a minute, let's talk" when they really want to talk with you. Otherwise they just say their normal lines when you click on them.

This thread is huge, so I figured I would just ask.

I chose the DS choice that keeps you from getting further quests from her thinking it was the correct choice if I wanted to start A relationship with her. Does this mean I will never be able to romance her? Has there been any indication that they will change this?

I am lvl 47 with 7309 Kira affection and have seen no quests from her since.

Edit: Seems 1.1 might fix this, hope it will fix for me also.

From 1.1 notes

Kira Carsen

Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

Edited by Ocia

I get that icon on their portraits all the time. A sure fire way to tell if they really want to talk to you is to right click your companion. They will usually say something like: "When we got a minute, let's talk" when they really want to talk with you. Otherwise they just say their normal lines when you click on them.

Yep.

Salfimod, you have a different bug, one that can affect ANY companion: They seem to want to talk to you but don't want to.

Oh well, it's been stated in some places I've read, that in 1.1, this issue is fixed for existing issues as well. Now we just need to hold out for 1.1 >.>" Well, the ones who are affected by this bug, like myself.

Oh well, it's been stated in some places I've read, that in 1.1, this issue is fixed for existing issues as well. Now we just need to hold out for 1.1 >.>" Well, the ones who are affected by this bug, like myself.

Got a link that shows this is address/corrected in 1.1? If so please share. I don't want to fire up my JK again and waste more time and effort just to be lacking a chunk.

Got a link that shows this is address/corrected in 1.1? If so please share. I don't want to fire up my JK again and waste more time and effort just to be lacking a chunk.

The link / notes for 1.1 have been posted in this thread many times. You can probably find it if you search back a bit or simply look for the 1.1 patch notes on the PTR forum.

Yep.

Salfimod, you have a different bug, one that can affect ANY companion: They seem to want to talk to you but don't want to.

I also haven't talked to her since the mission with her brother, so I think Ive been blessed with both bugs...

I also haven't talked to her since the mission with her brother, so I think Ive been blessed with both bugs...

Well the second bug really doesn't stop your companion story, it's just a small annoying bug. I belive if your companions havent spoken to you in a while and you have a high affection (excluding Kira of course because she literally is bugged), it's because you have to reach a point in your class story before they can talk with you again.

Right now, a smuggler companion of mine is at 6500 affection and havent spoke to me since 3500 something affection but I have yet finished Act 2 so it would make sense if coversations stop every 3000-3500 affection per act.

Edited by Idunhavaname

Anyone know the ETA on the fix? Been waiting since December now. Although I will try to show commitment to Bioware and their awesome game. I sincerely hope they are not waiting to put in the fix for this "Major patch" they are talking about, but just... Patch it as soon as the fix is done.

I am already lvl 37 and now it starts to ennoy me...