*Warning & spoiler* Main storyline crafting BUG with Kaliyo

KELM

Crafting Bug causes you to be unable to send companions on maximium allowed number of crafting jobs at your level (4 in this case, only 3 tops)

Bug occurs to you after Voss storyline.

Heres non spoiler possible work-around for this bug:

Make sure your companions have ABSOLUTELY NO jobs going on, any and all, before going to Dromund Kass after Voss storyline.

The bug happened to me when Kaliyo got taken away by imperial troopers, and she was made unavailable while having a crafting job. Instead of reseting the job, she got suspended with one till end of that part of storyline. Well done Bioware, thats good few levels of hindered crafting, unimaginable that someone forgot to predict such obvious thing. I dont miss the companion for now, just the lost available to send maxiumum number of companions.

Same thing happened to me, when kaliyo got arrested I could only send companions on missions when all of them were done with their missions. Not that much of a problem if you run missions that take roughly the same time, but an annoyance nonetheless.

I found myself in the same boat last night. Unfortunately, I still have not been able to send any of my companions on missions. I can craft and summon each of them, but my send companion button is grayed out. I had four of my companions out on missions (including Kaliyo) when the bug happened. -- I was trying to get through my class quest as quickly as I could to see if getting Kaliyo back would somehow help the problem. Now, my Eve of Destruction quest is bugged and cannot be completed. :(

fixed

Leluminai,

How did you get this bugged fixed? I haven't been able to craft for 4 days now and I haven't gotten any response from the ticket I submitted (well I did get the automated service droid response, but no response from a human). Thanks

Yes, I would also like to know how you "fixed" this.

I just finished Corellia and I still don't have Kaliyo back. I guess I have to finish this whole chapter? My husband reported that when Turian was kidnapped in his BH quest, he also couldn't craft, but he almost immediately got his companion back at the next part of the class quest.

The only response to my ticket was that I was thanked for my valuable information and the issue will be further investigated. Seems like I've been shrugged off, but I should have expected as much since the plethora of other tickets haven't gotten anywhere, either. Even the ones saying specifically "we will take action"... and nothing happens.

So I've spent over 24 hours not making NEARLY as many credits because I can't craft. Being so close to 50 I need to spend a lot of credits to get anything I need, this is an unacceptable glitch that is going to upset a lot of agents once more people are at this stage in the story.

Edited by Pyksi

Found the fix.

You get Kaliyo back at the beginning of the next class quest after Corellia, when you travel to "The Tenebrous".. after this, all crew members are again available to go on crew missions.

I still find this bug unacceptable as I have missed out on lots of credits in the whole day it took me to get to where I'm at.

The game recognizes her as being unavailable - and counts her as one of your 4 possible crafters. This shouldn't be a big deal, because at that point you still have enough companions to have one out with all the others running missions. (You probably won't be high enough in level to be at 5 by this point)

It was tough for me, because until that point she was my go-to tank. It forced me to gear up Scorpion - inconvenient but not to burdensome. You get her back relatively quickly.

I wouldn't call it game-breaking, but they really should have done more with it in terms of story because it feels very incomplete. She goes away with one sentence, and comes back with two more. Not really compelling storytelling there.

Edited by Twighlight

The game recognizes her as being unavailable - and counts her as one of your 4 possible crafters. This shouldn't be a big deal, because at that point you still have enough companions to have one out with all the others running missions. (You probably won't be high enough in level to be at 5 by this point)

It was tough for me, because until that point she was my go-to tank. It forced me to gear up Scorpion - inconvenient but not to burdensome. You get her back relatively quickly.

I wouldn't call it game-breaking, but they really should have done more with it in terms of story because it feels very incomplete. She goes away with one sentence, and comes back with two more. Not really compelling storytelling there.

False. It's not that it just counts her as a person out on a mission. I have nobody else out besides her and yet I'm not able to send anyone on missions.

Main thing I want to know is if I'll be able to craft properly when I get Kaliyo back...

Edited by dhoytman

False. It's not that it just counts her as a person out on a mission. I have nobody else out besides her and yet I'm not able to send anyone on missions.

Main thing I want to know is if I'll be able to craft properly when I get Kaliyo back...

I am glad I came here and see that others are having the same issue. I hit 50 before ending my class quest, so I should be able to send a max of 5 out. When I first log in I can send 5 out but after they return it locks me down to three for some reason. I normally run around with Vector at this point until I finish out the class quest.

What I do not get is that when I pick a craft to start there are random companions that are greyed out in the drop down. Very craptastic bug!!! I know just push forward and finish my class quest...

This bug happened to me too. Im lvl 49, max of 5 deployable, yet im only able to send a maximum of 2 out on missions. Pretty stupid. Ive come to enjoy the firepower light shows that Ensign has. That girl can crank out the lasers now.

Okay, so I just finished my class quest (got Kaliyo back) and yet still I can't send ANYONE out on bioanalysis or diplomacy missions.

This is crap.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm stupid. Getting Kaliyo back fixed it. That is all.

Edited by dhoytman

I did not have any companions out on missions when Kaliyo was arrested and am having similar problems. I can only use 3 companions at a time. This applies to both crafting and missions. One of the three has to be the ship droid so I get no affection buffs from him :-( but it is better than nothing. Also if my companions get really bad buggy I go to my ship and that seems to clear their brains. This bug really bites the big one.

Crafting Bug causes you to be unable to send companions on maximium allowed number of crafting jobs at your level (4 in this case, only 3 tops)

Bug occurs to you after Voss storyline.

Heres non spoiler possible work-around for this bug:

Make sure your companions have ABSOLUTELY NO jobs going on, any and all, before going to Dromund Kass after Voss storyline.

The bug happened to me when Kaliyo got taken away by imperial troopers, and she was made unavailable while having a crafting job. Instead of reseting the job, she got suspended with one till end of that part of storyline. Well done Bioware, thats good few levels of hindered crafting, unimaginable that someone forgot to predict such obvious thing. I dont miss the companion for now, just the lost available to send maxiumum number of companions.

It's not because Kaliyo gets taken while on a job. I had the crafting bug all of Corellia and she wasn't on a job because she was my main tank/companion.

Now, maybe the bug is worse if she's crafting when she gets taken, I was still occasionally able to send out 4 companions on crafting missions, but it was very wonky in when it would or wouldn't let me send companions out.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have hit corellia early,

so now dont have kaliyo, and cant really get her back for a while as im too low to easily complete the missions.

Zero Gathering available at all ....

I can craft fine though !

...its slightly annoying, but not really affecting gameplay :) be nice to see it fixed though so that others dont have to go through it.

Edited by Turtlehed

I had the same problem, couldn't send anyone to missions from the moment Kaliyo got arrested. I did the main quest as fast as possible and now Kaliyo is back... but i still cant send my crew out for missions... Did anyone find a solution for this problem? Do i have to do the whole mainquest? Of course i sent a ticket, but i got no answer during the last 4 days....:mad:

I am past this point, and I am not sure if this will work for any of you, but I sort of kind of fixed it for myself at the time.

I found that you could not send somebody on a mission or tell them to craft during your "no Kaliyo" period if the person below them was on a mission or crafting. They key is to assign the tasks starting at the top of your list, working your way down, giving progressivly quicker actions. For example give Vector one that lasts 30 minutes, Temple one that lasts 20, Lokin one that lasts 15, etc.

It was a pain since I lost some control over who I sent on what mission if I wanted to keep the max number out at once, but this worked for me.

When I had this bug I also discovered that the companion doing a gathering mission can be queued up for additional crafts.

For example, I had Doc running a Scavenging mission, and I was able to have him queue up 4 earpieces to craft.

The additional crafting tasks would not show up on the progression bar, but they did get crafted.

A bug within a bug, heh.