EV Pylons are still bugged; in fact, now even worse

What in the flying toss? We choose to try and do HM EV instead of Karagga's, we get to the Pylons, solving two layers then bam, they stop working. We wipe, go in again, and look, they're still bugged!

But that's okay, we can still reset the instance and go again... right? Wrong.

We reset the instance, people go in, and we spawn two instances now. After around one hour of running back and forth in the instance and trying various things like:

- disband raid and reform

- different leader

- try to reset again, only this time the reset button isn't there (???)

- log out/in, disband, nothing still

- try going two people at a time, people end up in different instances still

- try to reset again, button still isn't there

Come on, Bioware! Why is this still happening?

There is a rather simple workaround for this bug!

After it bugged 3 times me and my guild realized we always locked the Northern pylon first... so we tried to always lock the southern one first and it worked like a charm :)

You're welcome

There is a rather simple workaround for this bug!

After it bugged 3 times me and my guild realized we always locked the Northern pylon first... so we tried to always lock the southern one first and it worked like a charm :)

You're welcome

We weren't even able to reset the buttons. They bugged out every single time.

If you finish in this order its not gonna bug out:

NS SN SN NS

This order works for us also. We had to revert to using it tonight after our first try bugged out, so doesnt look like they fixed it.

Unfortunately I cant help you, OP, with the being unable to reset thing. Sounds very strange.

They were probably referring to the bug where if you only had to use the console once to lock that side it would bug and the consoles would no longer work, even if it was still done in the first tier. The N S S N seems to be more like a mechanic to me.

We used to do NSSN. It would still occasionally bug out. A few weeks ago we switched to SNSN and it hasn't bugged yet.

Both can work, but one has a small chance to bug. We do EV alot, currently at 4/5 16m nightmare. I recommend SNSNSNSN if you want the best chance at no-bug.

The N S S N seems to be more like a mechanic to me.

Why ? Sx4 works too. But why should we do that ? Any clue in the area ?

And why should we reset (and not only the event) if we miss 1 click ?

But it's true, a bug is a mechanic in beta, swtor is still a beta, so this is a mechanic. ;)

(sorry for my bad english)

NSSN isn't a guaranteed win. The buttons can go inactive while solving it that way as well. It's not a mechanic, we've successfully solved clicking away as quickly as possible (which resulted in a SNNS solve) on one occasion while having NSSN bork and the buttons go inactive on another. It's just a random bug and the specific conditions aren't known, despite all the forum conjecture about NSSN being the way to solve it.

NSSN isn't a guaranteed win. The buttons can go inactive while solving it that way as well. It's not a mechanic, we've successfully solved clicking away as quickly as possible (which resulted in a SNNS solve) on one occasion while having NSSN bork and the buttons go inactive on another. It's just a random bug and the specific conditions aren't known, despite all the forum conjecture about NSSN being the way to solve it.

Locking South first has worked every time for me and my guild, and I've never heard of anyone who it has failed on. Meanwhile whenever I've seen someone try something different it's ended in a bug.

If you finish in this order its not gonna bug out:

NS SN SN NS

The other day we did NWSE in a circle and then hopped up and down twice and did a little twirl for good measure and it never bugged so that must mean it always works and won't ever bug if you do it the special way!

This encounter is actually not bugged at all.

The mechanics behind it are just so intricate, only the best masterminds in the world have a chance at solving it.

When they do solve it they will be drafted into a team of space explorers who are then sent off through a Stargate in order to explore a large space cruiser voyaging through the galaxy.

While I can't say with certainty that this is what happens, after fighting with it bugging repeatedly we haven't had it fail once in the last 4 resets by changing one thing:

Make sure there's a 1-2s gap between the two pylons solving.

I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter what order you solve them in but if they finish too close together it breaks whatever shoddy scripting is running the thing. We just have one person clicking south who calls for the other side to click when his cast is half finished.

While I can't say with certainty that this is what happens, after fighting with it bugging repeatedly we haven't had it fail once in the last 4 resets by changing one thing:

Make sure there's a 1-2s gap between the two pylons solving.

I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter what order you solve them in but if they finish too close together it breaks whatever shoddy scripting is running the thing. We just have one person clicking south who calls for the other side to click when his cast is half finished.

This worked for us. Thanks for the info.

Worked fine for us, and we just turned when they lit, instead of going our usual n,s,s,n. Maybe we got lucky.

Weirdly the top puzzle was already solved at the start, but we had to turn it left once , then back to actually solve it.

for us,

always solve southern first and always have north just 1 click away from solving before south solves.

never bugged for after we did this technique, never takes us past the first solo elite mob either.

good luck

for us,

always solve southern first and always have north just 1 click away from solving before south solves.

never bugged for after we did this technique, never takes us past the first solo elite mob either.

good luck

^ this. works every single time.

for us,

good luck

3 weeks running of South solving first, no bugs.