SUGGESTION: Double XP Weekend Restrictions (Not to Harsh I hope)

DragonTora

I think I know y u keep this up because ur a bad solo player who just doesn't want to get screwed, well here is a word of advice youtube thanks for coming out, next.

No actually I am not. And take your advice and shove it. I am not a solo player, I am in a hardcore raiding guild which has completed just about every OP in both HM and NIM. So don't presume you know me because you don't.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No actually I am not. And take your advice and shove it. I am not a solo player, I am in a hardcore raiding guild which has completed just about every OP in both HM and NIM. So don't presume you know me because you don't.

Then if ur that good u may see who a noob can screw over a OPs group just by being their with the ppl whoi know what to do and want to get to the end of the OPs without TPKs at all.

This happened shortly after a double xp weekend thus I knew it was a noob getting lucky from it.

I take your silence as "yes" to the other questions.

No, you don't know that, you assume it. Believe me, these noobs existed way before double xp. Seriously, go read "Weird people you meet in Group Finder" if you want proof. And because of this one bad experience you had, you want to ban double xp from all the people who do not enjoy endgame PVE or tanking, even if they had no desire whatsoever to tank or do endgame PVE.

No, you don't know that, you assume it. Believe me, these noobs existed way before double xp. Seriously, go read "Weird people you meet in Group Finder" if you want proof. And because of this one bad experience you had, you want to ban double xp from all the people who do not enjoy endgame PVE or tanking, even if they had no desire whatsoever to tank or do endgame PVE.

no all the rest was worthless word coming from u and YEs they get nothing cause they shouldn't be playing an MMO if they don't take part in endgame cause they can youtube the story stuff.

I have officially decided that this guy is young and a troll. Let's stop replying and let the thread die shall we?

no all the rest was worthless word coming from u and YEs they get nothing cause they shouldn't be playing an MMO if they don't take part in endgame cause they can youtube the story stuff.

So basically, you think people who don't play the game the way you play it should be punished because some guy screwed your ops group?

Fair enough.

I have officially decided that this guy is young and a troll. Let's stop replying and let the thread die shall we?

No arguments from here.

Edited by Seireeni

So basically, you think people who don't play the game the way you play it should be punished because some guy screwed your ops group?

Fair enoug.

Yes MMO=-group play and endgame and if u just want to solo then u have the wrong game go play a solo game.

So people who simply want to have fun must go through hoops to enjoy double xp weekend? I'm sorry but who made you the voice of reason to decide that. Furthermore, why must they be forced to have a tank? I mean really you don't get to dictate what classes someone has to play in order for them to participate in the weekend.

Why 2 55's? This seems so arbitrary to me, I mean for some people levelling takes time and if say a weekend is planned and you are not 55 yet, that means you automatically excluded. Finally, as Gator said it is not up to the developers to babysit new players, it is up to the players themselves. Your restrictions are arbitrary and completely unnecessary.

My guess would be that the OP may have 2 55's and thus incorrectly feels he knows the game inside and out, but may have only 2 55's and requiring more than 2 would exclude the OP from double XP weekends.

My guess would be that the OP may have 2 55's and thus incorrectly feels he knows the game inside and out, but may have only 2 55's and requiring more than 2 would exclude the OP from double XP weekends.

Yes I do have 2 55s but I think that getting 2 55s is easy it would take a noob about 4 months to do but took me months to do.

Yes I do have 2 55s but I think that getting 2 55s is easy it would take a noob about 4 months to do but took me months to do.

I get it now.

YOU want to get the benefit of double XP weekends, but want to restrict others from doing the same.

I'm against restricting participation of double XP weekends, but hypothetically:

How about they require a 55 of each basic class? How about they require at least one 55 of each role, tank, healer and DPS so that only those that have experience with all three roles and know the importance of each role from a personal perspective can receive the double XP bonus? How about they require legacy level 40?

I'm betting that you will claim that those restrictions are too harsh, since those restrictions would likely exclude you.

I get it now.

YOU want to get the benefit of double XP weekends, but want to restrict others from doing the same.

I'm against restricting participation of double XP weekends, but hypothetically:

How about they require a 55 of each basic class? How about they require at least one 55 of each role, tank, healer and DPS so that only those that have experience with all three roles and know the importance of each role from a personal perspective can receive the double XP bonus? How about they require legacy level 40?

I'm betting that you will claim that those restrictions are too harsh, since those restrictions would likely exclude you.

Meh I don't care either way doesn't effect me in anyway if I have double xp weekends or not I was just trying to point out that the noob is a problem in all MMOs and that BW has to address it either with restrictions or with something like WOW's Proving Grounds to train the noob in their role.

Meh I don't care either way doesn't effect me in anyway if I have double xp weekends or not I was just trying to point out that the noob is a problem in all MMOs and that BW has to address it either with restrictions or with something like WOW's Proving Grounds to train the noob in their role.

If only we could train those who wrongly think themselves "leet" as well. Those types of players are an even bigger problem, IMO, then the "noobs".

If only we could train those who wrongly think themselves "leet" as well. Those types of players are an even bigger problem, IMO, then the "noobs".

So u don't have to earn anything anymore to have any worth in life u get **** handed to u on a silver platter? I do know we were all noobs once but at least I knew how to ask for help from real life friends and google the information.

So u don't have to earn anything anymore to have any worth in life u get **** handed to u on a silver platter? I do know we were all noobs once but at least I knew how to ask for help from real life friends and google the information.

As did I, but I will help those learning and not try to restrict them, unlike those who wrongly think themselves "leet".

As did I, but I will help those learning and not try to restrict them, unlike those who wrongly think themselves "leet".

I would but by Hoth the noob should have a great understanding of things thanks to the heroic missions thus the restrictions.

I would but by Hoth the noob should have a great understanding of things thanks to the heroic missions thus the restrictions.

Not every player does the heroics.

Keep proving that some players wrongly think themselves "leet".

Not every player does the heroics.

Keep proving that some players wrongly think themselves "leet".

I don't think of myself as "leet" I am just trying to help keep some of the best gamers here since I do some would unsub due to this issue.

I don't think of myself as "leet" I am just trying to help keep some of the best gamers here since I do some would unsub due to this issue.

The truly "best" gamers will help those trying to learn. Those who wrongly think themselves "leet" are more prone to trying to restrict others, often while attempting to ensure that those restrictions do not apply to themselves. If those who wrongly think themselves "leet" want to leave, then the logout screen is that way.

The truly "best" gamers will help those trying to learn. Those who wrongly think themselves "leet" are more prone to trying to restrict others, often while attempting to ensure that those restrictions do not apply to themselves. If those who wrongly think themselves "leet" want to leave, then the logout screen is that way.

ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.

I've been playing TOR since early access. I have vanguard and jugg tank at 55, both tanked group content including occasional op. I heal hardmode ops on my main. I did NOT know what the hell are you talking about on Gargath automatically, it took me some reading to figure out what you were trying to say OP, mainly becasue this is a world boss I never bothered to kill up to now.

you assumed that the other tank knew the strategy. you being "MT" doesn't mean the other player will automatically know not to taunt.

if you want to kill a specific boss that has specific mechanics? you HAVE TO EXPLAIN ACTUAL MECHANICS OF THIS SPECIFIC BOSS FIGHT. do not assume that everyone knows everything. instead of repeating incessantly that you are MT, you had to tell the offtank exactly WHAT they are supposed to do. whether they taunt or not, where they should stand, if there's anything they specifically should avoid. and same goes for the rest of the group.

the fact that you missed out on the kills? is not the double xp issue. its the issue with you NOT explaining mechanics properly. I bet you didn't even link to the strategy write up. the fact that that tank actualy taunted means that at least they bothered to figure out tanking abilities. I've ran with many a new tank that do NOT use taunt, do not realize that they should.

restrictions you are proposing are... as thought through as your fight explanations. as in - not at all.

Edited by Jeweledleah

the only way i see a reason to putting restrictions on double xp is if we make it a thing we can use permanently after:

1) legacy level 50

2) 4 lvl 55 toons min.

3) have at least one toon of every role - healer, tank, ranged dps, melee dps.

Thus if you want to level more alts you should be able to unlock a feature for cartel coins only and enjoy double xp for as long as you like.

:D

I've been playing TOR since early access. I have vanguard and jugg tank at 55, both tanked group content including occasional op. I heal hardmode ops on my main. I did NOT know what the hell are you talking about on Gargath automatically, it took me some reading to figure out what you were trying to say OP, mainly becasue this is a world boss I never bothered to kill up to now.

you assumed that the other tank knew the strategy. you being "MT" doesn't mean the other player will automatically know not to taunt.

if you want to kill a specific boss that has specific mechanics? you HAVE TO EXPLAIN ACTUAL MECHANICS OF THIS SPECIFIC BOSS FIGHT. do not assume that everyone knows everything. instead of repeating incessantly that you are MT, you had to tell the offtank exactly WHAT they are supposed to do. whether they taunt or not, where they should stand, if there's anything they specifically should avoid. and same goes for the rest of the group.

the fact that you missed out on the kills? is not the double xp issue. its the issue with you NOT explaining mechanics properly. I bet you didn't even link to the strategy write up. the fact that that tank actualy taunted means that at least they bothered to figure out tanking abilities. I've ran with many a new tank that do NOT use taunt, do not realize that they should.

restrictions you are proposing are... as thought through as your fight explanations. as in - not at all.

I did explain everything hundreds of times and MMOs have been out since UO and ppl should know MT (Main-Tank)=one person taunting or gaining aggro. If u have to explain to someone how to play they shouldn't be going for a world boss kill in the first place.

the only way i see a reason to putting restrictions on double xp is if we make it a thing we can use permanently after:

1) legacy level 50

2) 4 lvl 55 toons min.

3) have at least one toon of every role - healer, tank, ranged dps, melee dps.

Thus if you want to level more alts you should be able to unlock a feature for cartel coins only and enjoy double xp for as long as you like.

:D

I love u this idea rocks make ppl earn the right to get faster levelling.