Cademimu last boss bugged?

Hey weird thing happened -

The last boss of Cademimu is based largely around the "rocket engine" mechanic, where a quarter of the battlefield at any one point will be on fire and kill players that linger in it. Makes good sense, right?

The problem that we ran into tonight was that the animation for the fire did not necessarily jive with the actual locations of the fire zones. So the fire effect would be present in zones not visually being burned up by rocket engines, and the players would die.

This didn't occur on every attempt, so we were able to defeat the boss, but it occurred on the majority of attempts.

Anyone else running into this?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and some friends had the same problem. Sometimes we managed to start the boss without getting instantly burned to death. Other times it would come at random during the fight when we weren't even close to any rocket-flames. It was so frustrating and random. We almost had him but had to just quit it because most of the time we just got burned to death straight away.

Please hotfix this bug.

[offtopic]

Oh, and I wish they made it easier for me to move my companion (Yes, we 3-man + healing companion all the flashpoints). Some bosses are really hard because I have to move my companion like he was a player, while tanking. I love that it is possible to 3-man the flashpoints (probably even 2-man).

Same thing happened to my group so we got around it .....

Easy mode --> Pull hil in the coridore .... The dore will close but he will walk through , then you fight him there tank and spank . He yells "Keep firing..." but no fire debuff :rolleyes:

Edited by Dartmed

This happened to us. It finally fixed when all 4 of us were out of the flashpoint at the same time. Every time we entered the flashpoint before the others released it caused this bug. we would get burned before we even got to the boss. It is an easy fight when the bug is not triggered.

Literally the tank would be at half health before even getting close enough to pull the boss.

Again the bug went away when I with my fast computer waited for the others to fully exit the flashpoint before I went back in.

yes hes very bugged, but i fight bugs with sploits :p have a dps run in and pull boss and die. he will run through the door and you will not have any fire to deal with

Wow -- 5 attempts at this (all level 28-40) and we were at wits end. I ran in, choked the dude for great justice, died and the group handled him in the hallway.

Thanks for this post!

I just did Cademimu with a group and we got through the flashpoint with relative ease. On the last boss fight, we destroyed him and I only got hit twice the entire fight (Yay Sniper!) and never by any fire. However, right as the boss died, the fire somehow burned me (even though I was no where near any of the rockets) and I died. I got the loot, but I was unable to get the commendation because every time a teammate rez'd me I immediately died again of the fire. I mean, it was an easy way to get back to the fleet, but I did not appreciate being cheated of my commendation or the repair bill that should not have existed.

So I guess I had a SIMILAR problem to all of you...

(Bugged) Cademimu - Third Boss: General Ortol

Ok We tried this guy about 4 times, but as we enter his room -even before we attacked we would were set of fire and would have to run out, this would happen within seconds of entering the room, and not combat had started.

Even standing at the entrance to his room waiting for others to return we would get burnt until we either run back down the corridor or died

We had the same problem - either burning immediately while entering the room and before the fight even started, and getting fire in squares where no visuals indicated that there should be fire.

After several unsuccessful tries we quit this otherwise cool Flashpoint without accomplishing the final fight. I, too, hope this gets fixed soon.

Hey weird thing happened -

The last boss of Cademimu is based largely around the "rocket engine" mechanic, where a quarter of the battlefield at any one point will be on fire and kill players that linger in it. Makes good sense, right?

The problem that we ran into tonight was that the animation for the fire did not necessarily jive with the actual locations of the fire zones. So the fire effect would be present in zones not visually being burned up by rocket engines, and the players would die.

This didn't occur on every attempt, so we were able to defeat the boss, but it occurred on the majority of attempts.

Anyone else running into this?

i'm not sure if its bugged but definitely able to finish.. there are lights or steam that should show up under each of the 4 rockets that whole group needs to move asap to the one that's not lit up.. it gets pretty hectic, and I think the higher level you are and the more dps you're doing the more often those things happen (not confirmed) but it seemed alot quicker running @ higher level then a lower level.

well i know when you start the fight that, the more you dps him down the faster he calls on the rockets to be fired!

what i did experience is when you kill him on the steam effect the event stops but invisible damage still ticks

some party members died because of that :) while looting ^^

the best thing you can do is report the issue and remember where the smoke was go stand on the free spot and wait a bit :)

Edited by Alegoss

I ran this with my guild, we had no problem until this boss.

First two attempts: Our party wiped nearly instantly. We knew about the flames, and moved as fast as we could once we saw steam, but it seemed the damage and animations were off, as my party would start taking massive damage and dropping even when they were nowhere near the fire, or had made it out of the area long before the steam stopped.

3rd attempt: our juggernaught and marauder died almost instantly from same problem. Our powertech, and me as healer merc managed to stay alive, we got boss to 5k health, before finally we succumbed to the invisible fire ourselves.

4th attempt: As soon as we entered the room, we caught on fire, this was before we'd even aggroed the boss. We'd step back out of the room, heal up, walk back in, and toast again. We couldn't finish this FP, and half the members don't ever want to try again...

i'm not sure if its bugged but definitely able to finish.. there are lights or steam that should show up under each of the 4 rockets that whole group needs to move asap to the one that's not lit up.. it gets pretty hectic, and I think the higher level you are and the more dps you're doing the more often those things happen (not confirmed) but it seemed alot quicker running @ higher level then a lower level.

The fight can definitely be bugged for some. Not sure if it is always bugged or if it is just most of the time or some of the time. All I know is I did it during the beta with no issues. You could see the fire, and there were indications where it will fly up next. I did this fight on live last night, and before you even aggro the boss people are dying from invisible fire. So you are wrong the fight can definitely be bugged for some/most.

The fix that worked for my group, was I just had our lowest dps run in and aggro the boss. Boss kills that guy, then boss comes through the closed door and we 3 manned him without having to deal with dying to invisible fire since we were in the tunnel. Until they fix the major bug on this encounter, this is the only way to complete it when it bugs out.

Also got the full AoE each time we entered.

I would use Disappearing Act to keep from dying myself but even if I ressed guys into the hallway they would RESS with the debuff too. We found out by random he would run through closed doors and 3 manned him w/no tank.

Please fix. :)

I ran through the fight about 3 times. Never had any problems. You mention only 1 quarter of the space on fire at one time. I found that the first time, only 1 engine goes off. The second time, 2 go off, and the third time 3 out of 4 are going. Maybe you're issue is that you assume it's only one and stand under a rocket that really is about to go off. Either that or your graphics are bugging out.

I ran through the fight about 3 times. Never had any problems. You mention only 1 quarter of the space on fire at one time. I found that the first time, only 1 engine goes off. The second time, 2 go off, and the third time 3 out of 4 are going. Maybe you're issue is that you assume it's only one and stand under a rocket that really is about to go off. Either that or your graphics are bugging out.

Yea this is the non-bugged way, it is supposed to be.

Bugged way it burns in random places and more then 1 place at a time and it wont burn under where the animation is.:mad:

Same thing happened to my group so we got around it .....

Easy mode --> Pull hil in the coridore .... The dore will close but he will walk through , then you fight him there tank and spank . He yells "Keep firing..." but no fire debuff :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting us know you exploited the encounter :p.

Well the exploit is now fixed, but no information whetever the bugged missile fires are fixed.:mad:

The way you know if this is going to be bugged is that you start getting fire damage even before you start the fight and in random spots around the fight area.

Edited by Bainwen

My group had this same issue... We had him down to 5K health and then all of a sudden we were all dead on the first attempt. We thought maybe he had some sort of AoE debuff that went off when he was near death. Next attempt same thing happened at 2.5K health, only this time when we came back into the room, before ever even aggro'ing the boss, we would all start burning until we left the rocket room and walked back into the corridor. We fixed this by sacrificing a DPS to the fire. This killed the burning bug. But both myself and the sacrificial DPS bugged out on it with 20K health left in the 3rd attempt. My healer and Commando DPS were able to two man him all the way down without any further issues. I can promise you in all cases we were well out of the fire, but I did notice that if someone was on fire they would pass the debuff to teammates as well.

Whats sad is this fight has no sense of fairness because the graphics do not match the actual burning mechanic. For the most part it does but other parts it does not. I would think this is something that the devs would have found in there extensive Beta testing.

Any comments from BW on this anywhere?

Edited by Crionos

ecactly I dont care if they make it so you can't pull him out of the room, so its "fair for the boss" but I want it to be more fair for the players because of a bugged bossfight where the flames are still going and, are invisable to know where they are coming from.

I think the fairness should always side on the players side of the table and not the NPC's side. Because its the players who will give you money to play, not the NPC =p