One too many times Bioware. /Unsubbed

Chikyuu

Solo ranked is not real ranked. It is a toilet. Be happy you got a queue, collect your comms and move on. Get some friends and do group ranked if you want a real ranked experience. The rewards will probably be just reskinned things you can get at the cartel market anyway.

Rewards? This has nothing to do with rewards.

Comms? This has nothing to do with comms.

Group ranked? Why the hell would I try to do group ranked? No one ever q's grouped. And if they do, you'd have to be at the right place at the right time. You make no sense sithBracer

OH NOES SOMEBODY LOST 10 RATING, WHATEVER WILL THEY DO?!?!

Like seriously chill dude, you have a 1900 rating what you complaining about losing 10 rating?

And nice job getting nothing but zeros across the board.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Like seriously chill dude, you have a 1900 rating what you complaining about losing 10 rating?

2v4.. tons of zeros.... Yeah. I don't feel bad about those number at all.

Yeah and so what if I have a 1900 rating. What I can't rage to bioware about it?

Yeah I didn't get what this thread was about...then I saws he posted pics of himself doing 0's and was even more confused. :confused:

Edited by SOULCASTER

There are zeroes because there's no point to struggle through a 2v4.

This thread is about allowing less than a 4v4 to happen before the timer starts up.

It's ridiculous how often this happens and atrocious that it happens at all.

This.

I don't care about solo ranked but at least have the common sense to make it so the game will not begin without a full team. If a queue is declined and the matchmaking cant find a replacement then the game should end with no rating loss.

Edited by Raansu

Only if role detection is added. All that's needed is for all parties to click "accept" before the match actually launches. It also locks people out of leaving short of a disconnect or hitting the reset button on your computer. Edited by JackNader

Fixed.

Definitely not fixed. And that's actually true of most people delegitimizing solo ranked - "I'm bad at playing solo ranked so I delegitimize it."

Either way, I've played enough of both on my operative, and would have played more team if teams didn't stop queueing after one loss (or just when they saw that we are making a group). Or if team ranked wasn't mostly composed of PvE guilds farming each other for comms and/or rating, especially during double comms.

Definitely not fixed. And that's actually true of most people delegitimizing solo ranked - "I'm bad at playing solo ranked so I delegitimize it."

Either way, I've played enough of both on my operative, and would have played more team if teams didn't stop queueing after one loss (or just when they saw that we are making a group). Or if team ranked wasn't mostly composed of PvE guilds farming each other for comms and/or rating, especially during double comms.

Any serious player knows that 4s performance is much more indicative of skill than the crapshoot that is yolos.

Sorry that your server sucks for 4s.

My only question, and it can't really be answered here is we don't know if 4 ppl got the queue and then 2 people just let the queue pop to expire. Seems to me the most likely scenario. Especially if ranked solo times are long, people will minimize and watch a video, or go get something to eat, do laundry, etc.... and miss the pop.

Thus, you get hosed because as it stands, you are waiting for the pop, and there, and the other 2 aren't.

And in this scenario, I'm not sure there is a solution other than having more people queueing for pvp.

Outside fo that, cross server queues would be one possible solution.

Maybe having to wait for 6ppl to queue and the 1st 4 that take it, get it. But that seems counter-productive. Likely queue times would be a lot longer, and possibly stop people from queueing because they dont' want to be completely tied to their keyboard waiting for a pop.

Edited by Anyakaschala

This.

I don't care about solo ranked but at least have the common sense to make it so the game will not begin without a full team. If a queue is declined and the matchmaking cant find a replacement then the game should end with no rating loss.

Unfortunately, this would be exploited to h%%l and back. :/

Any serious player knows that 4s performance is much more indicative of skill than the crapshoot that is yolos.

Sorry that your server sucks for 4s.

Do you really think that the high rating of some people in 4s is any more indicative of their skill than a high solo rating? If you had seen what I had seen, I'm pretty sure you would have agreed. And that's not just on TRE, I've seen a lot of match throwing on TOFN too, group and solo. So yeah, knowing how bad are SOME of the people in top 3 of each class in group ranked, people who can't even get like 1500 in solo, get globalled, don't use key abilities, taunts, etc (from watching stream and/or seeing them play)... I don't really think any of the ranked in SWTOR is 100% good measure of skill, simply because player pool is so small.

Edited by DarrelK

There should not be ranked solo. Dot.

You want ranked arena: you get an arena-team. That is one thing wow got right about ranking pvp. Messing up classes to 'even out 2on2' was a bad move, but in 4on4 it should work reasonably well while maintaining classes as being different from one another.

And the way it is now is because it's not ranked pvp queue - it's a ranked matchmaking lottery.