Sentinel new to PvP questions

Aleriun

Hey all. I am a very experienced pve gamer on my sentinel, running watchman spec. I have started branching out into PvP as a new fun way to experience the game. I have almost a full set of obroan (missing implant, bracers, belt, convert lettered mods to unlettered) and am wondering about PvP stats.

Everything I could find online said to run 95% accuracy, the rest surge. Is this what I need or should I have 100% like pve? Also since PvP seems to be so much about burst damage would it be better to stack a lot of crit and if so what percentage (unbuffed) should I aim for?

Are there any differences in the skill build? I have been running the pve build for watchman from the dulfy website. Thank you!

Edited by Aleriun

Well I don't run Wat/Ani, but I can answer the Accuracy question.

In PvP the chance to hit =Accuracy-Defense. Most of the attacks in this game are characterized as "Special Attacks" so the base Accuracy is already 100%, and most classes have a base Defense of 5%, with the exception being Con/Inq class that has 10% (iirc).

So if you plug that into the formula, you hit everyone a minimum of 90% of the time, without any considerations for spec, gear companions, etc. Attempt to make up the 5%-10% difference with your spec first, but most don't bother gathering much accuracy past 5%, especially from gear. Slot stuff in gear that is hard to come by from your spec, power/surge/crit.

I would guess people are slotting 3 points into Steadfast, and getting 2-3% more Accuracy from elsewhere..

If you're going to use watchman spec, use 36/8/2 as the spec build, and use full power surge mods and enhancements, except for 1 accuracy enhancement.

Can you link an AMR for that? I never played if before. Maybe ill take it for a spin sometime this week...