Re-learning how to PVP, everyone has been great in the wzs!

Lhancelot

I am playing a new sorc healer in the WZs, they even popped this morning I was surprised. The biggest issue I have had is teams not being even, as in numbers on each team!

Yesterday I even had a match where it was me versus 4, lol. Seriously, only me versus a 4 man team.

One objective WZ popped, it was a QueshBallz and everyone just did damage except me and some Jugg named Sherkaz or something like that who tried to play the ball. We failed and the other team farmed ours while they even scored goals a few times, too.

People have been friendly, and the only one who was not aimed his vitriol at BW and the game when it had us 3 versus a 4 man team. This player was highly incensed, cursing left and right at BW and their **** game that shouldn't even be in existence, according to him anyway!

I just wonder how things will be in mids, when i level up soon. I plan to make a Ops healer, and a new Merc healer, too. Starting at ground zero, just to see if I can learn anything new leveling up these classes in WZs.

Hey! Welcome back. Enjoy lowbies (and mids maybe) while you are there. Those early years go by so fast! :p

Are you back and playing Banderal? :eek:

Next thing Domi will be back! She probably watches forums and doesn't even touch it now. I am afraid her optimism would be beat down in the present SWTOR climate.

I am still leveling up, just doing pvp. 90% 4v4s, and then in evenings there's actual 8v8s it seems. Guess that's one way to make you learn 4s, is to just have those pop as a lowbie so when you hit 70 you can go right to ranked. :p

I leveled a Sorc DPS through lowbies and Mids recently . It was mostly arena which I really don't like, but with the XP boosts on it wasn't to arduous. - You certainly learn a lot about the character and their strengths and weaknesses in the process. - and TBH not many people in those lower brackets are horrible and toxic.

Have fun learning and leveling. - At least regs at 70 is mostly objective maps and people are generally sanguine about playing objectives and playing your role. - If you manage to do those two things you're already a step ahead of a lot of players.

GL and welcome back.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

It must be your positive attitude Lhance. I made a new lowbie toon just to try it out, and upon queuing up at level 13 I got someone just going ape-**** about "how dare you queue a low level toon in LOWBIES! OMG. You are so bad. Blah blah blah." Two games later I had the same person deciding the whole team was bad, and AFK'ing in the corner (was an 8 man!).

Then the next game (arena) I got 2 MVPs. Not sure what I did different so that I wasn't scum of the earth that time.

All I could do really was just LoL. And put the potty mouth person on ignore. :rolleyes:

It must be your positive attitude Lhance. I made a new lowbie toon just to try it out, and upon queuing up at level 13 I got someone just going ape-**** about "how dare you queue a low level toon in LOWBIES! OMG. You are so bad. Blah blah blah." Two games later I had the same person deciding the whole team was bad, and AFK'ing in the corner (was an 8 man!).

Then the next game (arena) I got 2 MVPs. Not sure what I did different so that I wasn't scum of the earth that time.

All I could do really was just LoL. And put the potty mouth person on ignore. :rolleyes:

I only seen one "toxic" guy, and he usually just complains about the game or criticizes the other team, but he's pretty asinine and he seems to have a reputation as all lowbies comment on him when they see him. I guess he found his niche, lol.

As for the 8man afk guy, that sounds like a certain player who's been doing that for years. If he can't get an easy win, he will chastise his team, AFK for minutes, basically be a useless jerk. Dead in the winter time, maybe that rings a bell?

I leveled a Sorc DPS through lowbies and Mids recently . It was mostly arena which I really don't like, but with the XP boosts on it wasn't to arduous. - You certainly learn a lot about the character and their strengths and weaknesses in the process. - and TBH not many people in those lower brackets are horrible and toxic.

Have fun learning and leveling. - At least regs at 70 is mostly objective maps and people are generally sanguine about playing objectives and playing your role. - If you manage to do those two things you're already a step ahead of a lot of players.

GL and welcome back.

I plan to play objectively, from what everyone says on forums seems 70s no one plays objectively anymore? Lowbies been 90% 4v4s. I might push to mids then, grab my 70s out at that point I ought to have my basic rotations down etc. If I can't level up via pvp in mids, then I won't enjoy it much.

I wonder if this perception of non-objective gameplay is an exaggeration or just blown out of proportion I can't imagine it being any worse than anytime in the past. There always was deathmatchers and objective-minded players.

I played two different lowbies and got invites to guilds on both of them, so people seem to be welcoming on imp side. Just as usual. I always found it easier to fall into imp side guilds than pub side, for some reason. Pub side seemed to always be less sociable and more brooding, etc.

I always figured the goodie pub side would have more friendly-types, but it seems in the same vein of brooding, morose, passionless jedi so are the pubs in general, rofl. I want to stick with a healing operative or scoundrel, always been my least favorite to play of the three healers.

I enjoy merc the best even though it requires so much more work than the sorc healer for me, anyway. It seems I do double the work for less output in most cases when I play merc heals over the sorc healer.

I wonder if this perception of non-objective gameplay is an exaggeration or just blown out of proportion I can't imagine it being any worse than anytime in the past. There always was deathmatchers and objective-minded players.

For me, personal experience of course, I see good and bad days. The other night (Friday night), I stayed up way too late because I kept getting good, reasonably competitive matches, with good maps (i.e. not Vandin, quesh or OPG :D ). Other days I'll log in, queue 70's, and after the 2nd deathmatch group or crappy map in a row, I'll just quit for the night. Who knows, maybe if I stuck it out I would run into the objective teams again.

You know... that's one thing I should thank Bioware for! If I were able to pick the maps I wanted to play, I'd probably wait in the queue and play a lot longer into the night than I should. But with being forced into maps I hate, when I see about the 2nd Quesh or Vandin or OPG pop... I just alt-tab out of the game and kill it. So thanks Bioware for making it easier to quit playing and go to bed on time! :p

You know... that's one thing I should thank Bioware for!

I used to say that, when I quit the last time. I thanked them for making the game so insufferable that I didn't feel like logging in anymore. We will see how long I go before reaching that point, again.

Obviously I needed a break, and I still aint interested in gearing up. So I will just mess on lowbies and when I pull my old toons out they will be in 248s or less.

Heck I have zero interest in even seeing Ossus. W/e.

Edited by Lhancelot

Still hitting WZs, though I pulled out my 70 sorc healer. Probably my favorite overall, just because of effectiveness and enjoyment of the heal abilities, I love channeling heals and innervate is fun for that reason.

I like my merc healer, pulled him out too in 70s but the amount of work you do on this heal class and what you get out of it just aint worth it when you compare it to sorc heals.

Merc healer gets shut down and interrupted far too much it's just annoying. I liken it to being an old, half-crippled wildebeest that gets attacked by a pack of lions. Just like the wildebeest, the merc healer can drag around the pack of lions for some time but this just postpones the inevitable which is a drawn out torturous death.

You could try switching mercenary from heals to DPS ( or the sorcerer for that matter) - A few channeled abilities, and has off-healing as well. - Then you can get a bit of both - Mixing it up with the DPS race - get focused a little less and off healing when your team is in ascendancy or needs an extra boost.

You can change spec with an unlock or on fleet ( cap world too IIRC) If it doesn't work out, you can always switch back. You'll probably tell within a few matches, whether you prefer it or not.

GL and keep PVP-ing. :cool:

I used to say that, when I quit the last time. I thanked them for making the game so insufferable that I didn't feel like logging in anymore. We will see how long I go before reaching that point, again.

Obviously I needed a break, and I still aint interested in gearing up. So I will just mess on lowbies and when I pull my old toons out they will be in 248s or less.

Heck I have zero interest in even seeing Ossus. W/e.

Welcome back. Although I, and I mean no disrespect when I say this, don't remember playing with or against you in the past I do remember you in these forums. I always respected your point of view on things.

I also took a break for some time. Since my return I have really enjoyed the game again. Although the pvp community has changed a bit, I have enjoyed the challenge in this venue also. I do agree, breaks from the game can be refreshing.

I have selected 4 toons that I have taken to Ossus. The rest, like yourself, I am just trying to level to 70 (it is rather easy).

Glad you back, enjoy!

You could try switching mercenary from heals to DPS ( or the sorcerer for that matter) - A few channeled abilities, and has off-healing as well. - Then you can get a bit of both - Mixing it up with the DPS race - get focused a little less and off healing when your team is in ascendancy or needs an extra boost.

You can change spec with an unlock or on fleet ( cap world too IIRC) If it doesn't work out, you can always switch back. You'll probably tell within a few matches, whether you prefer it or not.

GL and keep PVP-ing. :cool:

I just ended up focusing on my sorc healer. My merc dps is in 230s and some 242s etc, I am rusty and I found in 248s with the sorc healer I can co-exist in WZs with top geared players and do good enough. Seems my dps merc was a tad more gimpy for some reason lol. Probably just rust and lack of playing it though. My merc dps works too I got 248s on him, just a bit frustrating as usual with merc heals when it comes to managing tunneled damage and healing other targets. Really sucks at that, where as my sorc healer does it np.

Edited by Lhancelot