Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN is not working for me

lopezisgay
06.19.2017 , 07:13 AM | #1
I'm new to the game so I may be doing something wrong I'm not entirely sure, but I bought a lightsaber off the gym 2 days ago and I gained about 20 levels so I thought it was time for a new one. At first I thought the GTN was for things only other players were selling that's why I wasn't getting any results but I did s little research and I have tried every single catagory on the GTN and no matter what it says no results. Don't k ow what too do

JediQuaker
06.19.2017 , 07:44 AM | #2
It may simply be that there's no one selling any lightsabers on the GTN on your server. On the GTN, lightsabers would be under Category: Melee Weapon, Subcategory: Lightsaber. Don't forget to click on "Search" after selecting the categories.

One thing you can do is to go to the Fleet section where the Modifications Vendors are. There you will find a vendor who sells low level "orange" pieces including a lightsaber. Once you have the orange "moddable" lightsaber you can buy mods for it from the appropriate (to your level) Modifications vendor. (Hilt, enhancement, mod)

If your original lightsaber is "orange" you can just upgrade the mods in it. Also get a color crystal for it with a +41 stat.

SteveTheCynic
06.19.2017 , 09:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
It may simply be that there's no one selling any lightsabers on the GTN on your server. On the GTN, lightsabers would be under Category: Melee Weapon, Subcategory: Lightsaber. Don't forget to click on "Search" after selecting the categories.

One thing you can do is to go to the Fleet section where the Modifications Vendors are. There you will find a vendor who sells low level "orange" pieces including a lightsaber. Once you have the orange "moddable" lightsaber you can buy mods for it from the appropriate (to your level) Modifications vendor. (Hilt, enhancement, mod)

If your original lightsaber is "orange" you can just upgrade the mods in it. Also get a color crystal for it with a +41 stat.
The vendor is called "Adaptive Gear Vendor" and is on the extreme left of the row of bays with modification vendors, next to the Level 10 Modification Vendor.

And OP, you should have received an orange "moddable" lightsabre at/near the end of your starter planet's class story missions. Respectively:
* Jedi Consulars make it themselves in The Forge before confronting Nalen Raloch (?sp).
* Jedi Knights make it themselves in The Forge *after* confronting their main Tython enemy (whose name escapes me)/
* Sith Inquisitors are given one by Lord Zash in her office on Korriban.
* Sith Warriors steal one from an old Sith tomb.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Adric_the_Red
06.19.2017 , 02:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by lopezisgay View Post
I'm new to the game so I may be doing something wrong I'm not entirely sure, but I bought a lightsaber off the gym 2 days ago and I gained about 20 levels so I thought it was time for a new one. At first I thought the GTN was for things only other players were selling that's why I wasn't getting any results but I did s little research and I have tried every single catagory on the GTN and no matter what it says no results. Don't k ow what too do
Most common reason for this to happen is you selected something from the "usable by" droplist. Don't. Ever. This is a guaranteed way to get no results, no matter what other filters you use. Hit the reset button, and just pretend that droplist doesn't exist.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.