Life Day Celebration 2020

turbomagnus

No life-day event this year due to Covid. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Just kidding, but this just gave me an idea for a CM item, although it's a little late now. But how about a headpiece in the form of a medical mask? Preferably light blue with white strings.

Or maybe red and white for life day. Puke green and brown for the Rakghoul event. Black with a skull and crossbones for the Pirate event. Etc.

Too soon? Too 'real'? ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

(But no, I wouldn't actually post this in the CM suggestion forum. ๐Ÿ˜ )

Edited by JediQuaker

No life-day event this year due to Covid. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Just kidding, but this just gave me an idea for a CM item, although it's a little late now. But how about a headpiece in the form of a medical mask? Preferably light blue with white strings.

Or maybe red and white for life day. Puke green and brown for the Rakghoul event. Black with a skull and crossbones for the Pirate event. Etc.

Too soon? Too 'real'? ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

(But no, I wouldn't actually post this in the CM suggestion forum. ๐Ÿ˜ )

ย 

To be honest, I'd love the medical mask, no, not for covid, but to have a matching doctors coat, so you can look like a surgeon :) I've suggested the medical coat before, never though abut the mask...lol.

As for life day, you can see some of the deco's they plan to bring out on the PTS

To be honest, I'd love the medical mask, no, not for covid, but to have a matching doctors coat, so you can look like a surgeon :) I've suggested the medical coat before, never though abut the mask...lol.

As for life day, you can see some of the deco's they plan to bring out on the PTS

ย 

I'll try not to make a 'Weird Al' joke...

ย 

I actually had the same thought when JQ mentioned it, Lokin and Elara as companions coming to mind (scientist dealing with an infectious disease and a medic), so the idea could work. I'm just worried about whether people might take it too seriously, think their character has to wear the mask when they go out of their stronghold or in groups of four or more people, you know how it goes...

I'll try not to make a 'Weird Al' joke...

ย 

I actually had the same thought when JQ mentioned it, Lokin and Elara as companions coming to mind (scientist dealing with an infectious disease and a medic), so the idea could work. I'm just worried about whether people might take it too seriously, think their character has to wear the mask when they go out of their stronghold or in groups of four or more people, you know how it goes...

ย 

we already have chars with covid related names....at least now we can have compliant related names ;)

As FlameYOL said, I would expect an announcement soon'ish. Life Day will likely go live on either the 8th or, more likely, the 15th (last year is started on 17 Dec).

ย 

there was a lot of negativity towards last year, because they cut it short, hopefully they won't do the same again

there was a lot of negativity towards last year, because they cut it short, hopefully they won't do the same again

ย 

I'm hoping for a great time with Life Day.

ย 

Hmmm

ย 

Wonder if they'll have a "full auto snow ball cannon" available this year !! :eek:

ย 

:D:D:D

For the lazy people, hit the button and watch the world turn white...lol

ย 

nah ... more fun to pick them off one at the time !!

ย 

;)

ย 

unless of course you have an "autocannon" ...

ย 

hmmmm

ย 

Never mind !! I wont go there !!

ย 

:D

ย 

( just think of all those packages !! )

ย 

:D:D:D

Pre-emptive PSA:

For those who get upset when targeted by a snowball, you can right-click the resultant 'snowball' icon in your buff tray to end the 'snow' effect. I believe you still remain invulnerable to additional snowballs until the usual time runs out.

ย 

PARTY POOPER !!!

ย 

(Disclaimer .. don't want to be overly misunderstood ! Some don't like the snowball thing ... Right now I'm just messin' with JQ ! ) ;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Pre-emptive PSA:

For those who get upset when targeted by a snowball, you can right-click the resultant 'snowball' icon in your buff tray to end the 'snow' effect. I believe you still remain invulnerable to additional snowballs until the usual time runs out.

ย 

nope, they'll just hit you again...lol

People actually get upset about that? Its not like getting hit by an exploding person with the rakghoul plague so you have to pay to get rid of it. Or let yourself explode too.

Yes - believe it, or not - some people even get upset if you use one of the various toys, etc, that make people dance. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

If you want to see some people get upset, infect them with Rakghoul plague, then hit them with a snowball, and then hit them with Party Bomb! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes - believe it, or not - some people even get upset if you use one of the various toys, etc, that make people dance. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

If you want to see some people get upset, infect them with Rakghoul plague, then hit them with a snowball, and then hit them with Party Bomb! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

I can kind of understand them getting frustrated - I've been one of them. In another game with a similar device, it took that game's Devs almost three years to listen to player request to stop having its Party Bomb equivilent cause players to get kicked out of conversations, shopping, that game's GTN equivilent, etc. whenever someone set it off... and there were trolls that deliberately set them off in areas around storage facilities, vendors, and such to intentionally interfere with other people's gameplay.

ย 

ย 

The party bomb has been changed recently. It nolonger makes people dance who arenโ€™t in your group (at least mine doesnโ€™t, so it could be a bug)

ย 

ย 

Which players like you take as a invitation to follow them around fleet constantly bombarding them with the dance bomb I'm sure.

ย 

Is it that difficult for you to respect other players?