Can I play swtor on two computers with the same account simultaneously?

TheAllmyn

1.Is it possible so I can play two characters at once with this?

2.If so, is it permitted by terms of service?

Multiboxing on the same account isn't possible (the game mechanically prevents it).

Multiboxing between N accounts on N computers is *possible*, although it's usually difficult to manage. The terms of service do, however, require "one key, one action", meaning that you are not allowed to use third-party software to enable one keyboard to control multiple characters at the same time.

But if you can point one eye at one screen, the other eye at the other(1), and then use one hand to guide one character and the other hand to guide the other character, go to it.

(1) Most people find this incredibly difficult.

No, it's not possible. Besides, why would you want to? I can multitask pretty well, but playing 2 toons, on 2 computers, at the same time? That's even beyond my abilities.

I log into one of my other accounts on my other computer just long enough to invite myself into one of my guilds.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Multiboxing on the same account isn't possible (the game mechanically prevents it).

Multiboxing between N accounts on N computers is *possible*, although it's usually difficult to manage. The terms of service do, however, require "one key, one action", meaning that you are not allowed to use third-party software to enable one keyboard to control multiple characters at the same time.

But if you can point one eye at one screen, the other eye at the other(1), and then use one hand to guide one character and the other hand to guide the other character, go to it.

(1) Most people find this incredibly difficult.

That's what "follow" is for. :)

It's just broken right now.

I have been able to, with some practice, move both toons (in their own phases) to conversation starting points as I take them through the original class stories. It saves some time.

Edited by Darev

I log into one of my other accounts on my other computer just long enough to invite myself into one of my guilds.

Ah okay, that I can understand, though. But other than that, I don't understand why you'd want to do it, other than to cheat or gain an unfair advantage over others.

Ah okay, that I can understand, though. But other than that, I don't understand why you'd want to do it, other than to cheat or gain an unfair advantage over others.

The OP may want to play the game with a family member while only paying one subscription. This is also against the ToS of course.

I had the same problem and found a workaround: create a new free account on the same server, and one character in this new account. As you can play two accounts on two computers et the same time, invite this new character in your guild, promote them to officer level, and use them to invite another character from your first account in the guild.

I just wanted to duel my toons agenst eachother and just mess around. Not involving other players. Just kicking my own ***. xD

I do it for story/RP reasons; for example I have an Agent/Sorc team or a Guardian/Sage team that I play through with at the same time. Lots of headphone switching for story missions :)

On one PC I use the keyboard, the other PC on a gaming mouse so I have 12+ buttons. Can't really see any strategic (or cheating) possibilities to it though, I'm not skilled enough :p

I do it for story/RP reasons; for example I have an Agent/Sorc team or a Guardian/Sage team that I play through with at the same time. Lots of headphone switching for story missions :)

On one PC I use the keyboard, the other PC on a gaming mouse so I have 12+ buttons. Can't really see any strategic (or cheating) possibilities to it though, I'm not skilled enough :p

In game I have had people ask me about it. When toon B is following toon A and not doing much else it's pretty obvious what's going on. The people complaining, in game, say it's a way of cheating extra conquest points for a guild, extra conquest rewards...anything else really...

It's practically the same as if I were playing with a 2nd person sitting next to me.

Just without the 2nd person.

And my guild doesn't get enough points to even make it on the leader board, let alone give anyone a challenge for the top spot.

When toon B is following toon A and not doing much else.

My left hand (with the mouse) is usually Heal/DPS and the keyboard hand is most often Tank. Takes me longer to do content than it would if I just played through twice but it does add a certain challenge.

Results vary, but I wouldn't invite both hands to an Operation unless they were only controlling one toon :p