Monogamous Sith. Why?

Miradan

Perhaps this has been addressed at some point. In all the years I have played this game (since the beginning) I believe this is my first foray into the forums. However, I have quite a bone to pick on this one subject.

Why, as a Sith Lord, Darth Nox, Empress of the Eternal Alliance and all other such titles as I carry, must I choose only one active romance. I swear to the Devs Andronikos is staying in a brig on a miraculously intact Eternal Fleet ship until I can have my Spy and Pirate too. I refuse to let Theron go and I refuse to tell Andronikos no.

Now I need to play through on my Marauder and see if she likes Theron or maybe after everything she might begin to take Quinn back into her good graces. I never divorced him after that whole thing with his former employer... just started screwing Pierce instead.

Imagine... Sith being held to some strange moral thing like monogamy.

The game's codex points out that the Sith Empire is actually really big on conservative family values. Super generous credits and free government paid assistance for married couples and children, free public healthcare, and the best free public education system in the galaxy.

You can have romance with whomever you want. That doesn't mean the people you are in a relationship will approve. In fact, they will break up with you if you cheat on them. Your character doesn't have to be monogamous but if you choose not to be, you will be broken up with several times.

Alright, allow me to paint the picture in less broad strokes. *spoilers forthcoming*

I like Theron. There was a moment in time I was going to kill him... In fact I took extra care to eliminate absolutely everything on the map because I was seething over it. I mean literally hot, my cheeks in real life were frickin flaming. Then I get to thinking a little more. The look on his face when I told him I loved him just struck me. I put an enormous bounty on his head. Which would have been unnecessary unless I had some depth of feeling towards the man. And, I am me, after all... It became more difficult to believe this was a real betrayal. How many times had we survived events that dwarfed that train crash. He had to know I would survive. And he's a spy, this is exactly the sort of thing he does.

But then, after all the dust has settled I finally get around to checking out some pirate being held on a Gemini ship. Turns out dear Andronikos has been scouring the Eternal Empire looking for some sign of me. He's saying some very sweet things and there is no way my inquisitor would not absolutely go there, even if it was just for right then. I mean, she hit on Malgus, post killing him and would go there too given the chance. All the while not diminishing anything she felt towards Theron.

But there's this little pop up which, as such things do, pops up and tries to force a decision right then and there. And so, I back out, immersion broken and me irritated out here on the other side of the screen.

I am certain that some characters would absolutely be uncool with being anything but strictly monogamous. Lana seems rather straight laced when it comes down to it. I'd lay money that if one is doing more than fooling around with her that she demands exclusivity. I know if Kaliyo is married to you that she is very upset to think she lost you or you ditched her but would she care if you had a fling in the course of duty? I highly doubt it. Ensign Temple? I doubt she'd be as understanding.

Come to it, I'll bet both Andronikos and Theron would care and be upset. Pierce? Why should he care? It's just a bit of fun with him. I suppose what I object to is the pop up choice. I want to know what the consequences are and have some option to perhaps talk my way out of any trouble I get myself into. I mean... perhaps I could get a little slack from the man who attempted to kill me to 'protect' me for having one last go with a man who had been my husband?

Trust us, Mabd can be very persuasive.

Heh, they let you try it with Vette and Jaesa.

Doesn't work any better there than it does IRL

Sure would be more fun if, since the galaxy is a large place, you could give it a go juggling more than one for a time. I am just certain there are a lot more fun RP opportunities for the Sith Inquisitor, who I play as absolutely certain she can have it all, trying to go ahead and have it all.

They know how to pull the heart strings. I had to break up with Theron when my old flame Vette returned. I tried at first not flirting with Vette, but she took it real bad. Given the option to flirt again I did, because we're married and my Sith Warrior believes in commitment. But that break up scene with Theron, though. Ow that hurt. I wonder if we'll get back together when I'm a widower. I made up my mind already before it happens. :p Fortunately the few other characters of mine who have relationships don't get to see each other again so Theron will have a harem. Is he cheating on me even though I'm the same player with a different character? :D Edited by Hadsil