Guild Bank Legacy Purchase Bug - Incoming Known Issue

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know of a bug that is going to be present in Game Update 2.4.1 which is currently scheduled to go live next Tuesday, 10/15. The bug will make it impossible to purchase the Guild Bank Legacy perk for your ship. My goal was to get this information out to you ASAP so that if you are working towards that unlock, to get it within the next few days before Tuesday. Fear not, if you can't get it unlocked by Tuesday, our goal is to fix it in the next scheduled update after 2.4.1.

Note that if you already have this unlock, or have it prior to Tuesday, it will still work perfectly fine. The bug just prevents fresh unlocks. As will all things of this nature, we will make sure it is placed on the Known Issues list as well.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thanks for the heads up! As a developer myself, I know that these sorts of things are very often identified before patches land but not fixed due to timing and prioritization. Hearing about these sorts of things ahead of time goes a long way toward increasing community confidence in the developers and the general feeling of transparency.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know of a bug that is going to be present in Game Update 2.4.1 which is currently scheduled to go live next Tuesday, 10/15. The bug will make it impossible to purchase the Guild Bank Legacy perk for your ship. My goal was to get this information out to you ASAP so that if you are working towards that unlock, to get it within the next few days before Tuesday. Fear not, if you can't get it unlocked by Tuesday, our goal is to fix it in the next scheduled update after 2.4.1.

Note that if you already have this unlock, or have it prior to Tuesday, it will still work perfectly fine. The bug just prevents fresh unlocks. As will all things of this nature, we will make sure it is placed on the Known Issues list as well.

Thanks everyone!

Thank you very much for the update on this. Communication is good.

Why does Bioware even bring a patch live with known bugs, however? Every good studio would fix any known bugs that are introduced with a patch before bringing the patch live, even if that means the patch is delayed. It's no wonder that so many bugs and issues always make it live when patches aren't released before they are ready and bug free. Bioware really need to change their philosophy regarding this.

Granted, this is only a little bug, but huge, known bugs that had been reported on test or by QA made it live in the past as well just because Bioware is intent on pushing a patch out on schedule, no matter the cost.

Edited by Glzmo

Why do you even bring a patch live that you know is bugged? Fix it before bringing the patch live, even if that means the patch is delayed. It's no wonder that so many bugs and issues always make it live when patches aren't released before they are ready and bug free.
Probably because the positives outweigh the relatively minor negative of the patch.

Sorry, guys... there's something important we must get patched ASAP but we're gonna hold off on fixing it for a few days so we don't break something so minor that the vast majority of you would have never known was broken if we hadn't pointed it out.

No, I don't think so.

I bet if they didn't even announce there was a bug unlocking this many people wouldn't even notice. I doubt most people even have legacy 35 and above and doubt even more that people would use cartel coins for something like this. This complaining for the sake of complaining is laughable. :rolleyes:

They must have there reason for not fixing it immediately. They most be planning on implementing something fairly big and don't want to delay.