From subcriber to f2p/pref in 2020 - What exactly will happen if subscription end

Miasako

Hello guys,

in few days my subscription will end in few days and I would like to know which restrictions will come if I will become f2p or better say pref again. I read in other webpages that there are three type of status:

- subscriber

- preferred player who paid money (min 5-10€/$)

- f2p

But based on the status subscription it says you will turn back to f2p though I paid 30€ to be 60 days subscriber once.

--

Message from subcription status:

Your account will move to Free-to-Play status if you cancel your subscription and your paid game time runs out.

--

For example I know that you can't play operations or future new expansions/story as f2p/pref but at least I want to know these things:

- Are they changing the rules that you will turn back to f2p (like you never pay something for this game) instead of prefered?

- Can I still play the current expansions like KotFE, KotET, Iokath, Onslaught, etc. on new/current characters or are they "blocked" because I'm no subcriber anymore?

- What will happen with crew skill slots for current and new characters? As sub I've got 3 crew skills and I need to know if I have to buy crew skill slot (account) in gtn before subscription will be over because they will be "blocked" like as f2p.

- What will happen with Guild and Personal Cargo Hold with current and new characters?

- How many characters can I create/keep each server after that? What happens if I've got more characters as allow?

- What happens with credit cap? Unlimited or max one million credits again?

- What happens with gtn slots especially if you've got a lot of offers there (for example around 10 or even more)? Will it turn back to 2 slots like as f2p?

- Can current and new characters level up until 75 or they "stucked" if they reached min lvl60 (like f2p)?

I've found many pages about this topic but they're outdated or too many years old to say that's why I try to ask here as long I'm still subscriber.

If someone can share a link to the current rules for f2p, pref and sub or at least answer my questions above I would be very grateful.

But based on the status subscription it says you will turn back to f2p though I paid 30€ to be 60 days subscriber once.

--

Message from subcription status:

Your account will move to Free-to-Play status if you cancel your subscription and your paid game time runs out.

--

For example I know that you can't play operations or future new expansions/story as f2p/pref but at least I want to know these things:

- Are they changing the rules that you will turn back to f2p (like you never pay something for this game) instead of prefered?

- Can I still play the current expansions like KotFE, KotET, Iokath, Onslaught, etc. on new/current characters or are they "blocked" because I'm no subcriber anymore?

- What will happen with crew skill slots for current and new characters? As sub I've got 3 crew skills and I need to know if I have to buy crew skill slot (account) in gtn before subscription will be over because they will be "blocked" like as f2p.

- What will happen with Guild and Personal Cargo Hold with current and new characters?

- How many characters can I create/keep each server after that? What happens if I've got more characters as allow?

- What happens with gtn slots especially if you've got a lot of offers there (for example around 10 or even more)? Will it turn back to 2 slots like as f2p?

- Can current and new characters level up until 75 or they "stucked" if they reached min lvl60 (like f2p)?

I've found many pages about this topic but they're outdated or too many years old to say that's why I try to ask here as long I'm still subscriber.

If someone can share a link to the current rules for f2p, pref and sub or at least answer my questions above I would be very grateful.

I think that message about going free-to-play doesn't distinguish between f2p and preferred.

Here's the official link for what it all means https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-free-to-play-faqs

Are they changing the rules that you will turn back to f2p (like you never pay something for this game) instead of prefered?

no you will become a prefered status player

yes you keep all the expansions.

you will have acces to 2 crew skills instead of 3 and you cant craft more then 1 item per comp and only 3-5 comps are allowed

you will retain acces to your cargo bay but you cant expand it with credits and you lose acces to guild bank completely

i believe 12 chars max per server but if you used char slots then more

same as pure f2p only 1 mil max

i dont know about this

current and new can lvl up to 75 since you still have acces to the expansion

answers in white hope it helps

Edited by elimatorxv

^ read the guide, if it's not there, then ask here. Also click on a persons ref link, if you haven't already, you'll get an extra week, and if you can, get someone to click yours. YOu used to get a bundle, that unlock crew skill tab, so you could keep the 3, as well as other little things. But I'm not sure if you still get them.

Edited by DarkTergon

Why do you have 2 threads bro?

you will have acces to 2 crew skills instead of 3 and you cant craft more then 1 item per comp and only 3-5 comps are allowed

Use a referral as soon as you're able to. This will send a mail to all current and future chars you make that includes a crew skill unlock, as well as a bunch of cosmetic unlocks.

you will retain acces to your cargo bay but you cant expand it with credits and you lose acces to guild bank completely

You can unlock guild bank access as a pref by buying it through CM/ GTN but tbh it's not worth it. BW borked the system so you are prevented from using guild funds for repairs or withdrawing credits.

When you change from sub to pref you will have to manually reactivate every char. They did this change starting in 6.0; very irritating. This means that if you are over the character limit you will have to choose which chars you are going to keep and which will stay deactivated.

i dont know about this

Ten slots. You can get an unlock to raise it back to sub levels but tbh I never bothered.

• 3 months later...
^ read the guide, if it's not there, then ask here. Also click on a persons ref link, if you haven't already, you'll get an extra week, and if you can, get someone to click yours. YOu used to get a bundle, that unlock crew skill tab, so you could keep the 3, as well as other little things. But I'm not sure if you still get them.

I just clicked your link. Had problems all day with my subscription even though my payment was taken from the card last night. Never thought about clicking a ref link to bridge the time until they realise their mistake. You're welcome and I thank you :-)

I just clicked your link. Had problems all day with my subscription even though my payment was taken from the card last night. Never thought about clicking a ref link to bridge the time until they realise their mistake. You're welcome and I thank you :-)

thank you :) If you need help, we're always here to ask :)

Subtlety: all three skills are deactivated, and you must choose which two of them to reactivate. The third one will be frozen (not deleted) until you resubscribe or apply the "extra crew skill slot" unlock.

Subtlety: there's an unlock that allows access to *items* in the guild bank. Even with the unlock, non-subs cannot touch guild bank credits, neither to deposit nor to withdraw.

Correct, although you can't benefit from the full amount of openable slots that a subscriber can have.