[Bug] Constantly Running?

Perlesvaus

So this is a really odd issue I've had for at least a year now but y'know how sometimes a character gets stuck running and if you double tap a movement key they stop? Yeah. Doesn't work.

Every time I move between the game, whether tabbing out or clicking out (It does this in fullscreen and windowed), my character will run nonstop (or walk if I toggle walk, they just keep moving and trying to /sit or /chair won't make them stop once it has started. It does this regardless of whether I was standing still or sitting (whether with the emote or a chair emote. When it happens, my camera also usually "glitches" into a weird angle, or will constantly rotate while my character runs. The only way to make it stop is to wait it out, and most of the time it doesn't stop and I have to relog or to go into my keybinds and unbind the / walk key and hit apply. It will do this even if that key is unbinded and I really don't think the issue is keys sticking because it'll happen even if I was sitting in game or standing still.

I have Windows 7....All my drivers are current and I play on a laptop. I only know of one other person who has this issue and they're the one who told me about unbinding the walk shortcut but it is really inconvenient having to do this. If I roleplay, my character will just run off and it can be particularly deadly in operations when my character just decides to run into a mob and I can't do anything about it.

Anyone have this issue or found a solution?

Has anyone else had this happen or found a solution?

I sometimes have this issue as well, the only way to fix it is to go through and press each movement key (WASDQE + arrow keys) until your character stops moving. Also make sure that you don't have autorun keybinded. I believe it is under Num lock or something, so remove that keybind to be on the safe side.

I've only had this happen if I was running and zoned into a cutscene. As soon as I exit the cutscene, I am stuck in running everywhere mode. If I log off or quick travel to my stronghold, that usually fixes it.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...