[Suggestion] Favoriting Companions and Personal Starship

RBWTOR

I've seen other threads addressing both of these problems, but not together in one solution, so I thought I'd make a post.

Problem: There are so many companion characters now, that it's difficult/annoying to find the one you want to use

Problem: After KOTFE, the personal starship is empty and depressing, even after you get companions back

Proposed Solution: Add a "favorite" checkbox to the Companions window, which allows a maximum of 5 (or 7) companions to be selected as favorites. Provide a control that filters the list to only show the selected characters. Each selected companion appears in one of the designated spots for the original companions on the personal ship.

Reasoning:

1. It seems like a lower amount of work to add some interface elements and put characters in spots that have already been used effectively than to allow free placement on the ship, so I think this could be a lower-impact solution to the empty ship problem (and, thus, more doable/likely to happen)

2. I was thinking about how many characters I would really need to search for. I figure it would be something like (a) whichever one has the achievement I'm working on, (b) a melee for certain fights, © a ranged for certain fights, (d) the one I like to have around for RP purposes. I'm sure other people would have a different list they would use, but it seems reasonable that they would fit into the existing 5 or 7 slots without bugging people too much.

Thanks for reading.

Note: I didn't find another thread with this same exact idea, but I'm sure others have thought of similar things before. Apologies if I missed where anyone posted about this already!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a few weird edge cases, and it couldn't be more than six companions anyway. Normally your ship can carry up to eight:

* Five class-specific companions

* One faction-specific ship droid

* HK-51

* Treek

HK-51 and Treek remain in their old places when you start KotFE, although pedantically-speaking they aren't there until you finish Chapter IX of KotFE. That leaves six spots.

However, up to five of those spots (except for Agents and Knights, where it's only four) can be taken up by pre-KotFE versions of not-yet-returned companions. (Yes, companions who you claim from the "old" terminal are the "old" companions, and appear on the ship.)

Not to mention that some characters have all their "old" companions because the character began KotFE during a small window where a bug prevented the "old" companions from leaving. (Yes, I have one, thanks. That's how I know about the bug. It wasn't retrofixed.)

So, given that the ship doesn't change when you begin KotFE, and people have anywhere from zero to six of the available slots taken by old companions, how should this work?

(Also, how would the game choose which companion goes in which slot?)