What to do when you're dumped...

Tanga_Yal

At the end of a Flashpoint!!!

So new player.

Started The Esseles with someone (not very talkative, but everyone has their own style).

Got to what I'm guessing is the end villain, we attack about 3 times and get closed down every time and then he just disconnects! I waited for a good 15 minutes, nothing !!

I'm guessing that, that's it? No way to finish on your own (that I could find!), and no way to invite anyone else in at that point...

Apart fro that, really enjoying the game. My first onliner for a few years (and its now talking WAY too much time, but what the heck...).

You could have invited someone else to your group - just exit the area, and form a new group and make sure you enter the area first. All the stuff up to that last boss would've been already done, so you'd just have to defeat him.

The same thing happened to me yesterday on Esseles as well. It was just me and one other person, and they leave in the middle of the FP with no explanation whatsoever. And it wasn't a group finder group either so I couldn't queue for a new person. I managed to slog my way through to the end of the FP with only T7 for company, but I couldn't beat the final boss. I was so pissed, because I knew only one boss stood between me and completing the FP solo at level 11, but it wasn't to be. >_> At least I still got a few good pieces of equipment though. Probably would have gotten a chest piece off the final boss but oh well.

You could have invited someone else to your group - just exit the area, and form a new group and make sure you enter the area first. All the stuff up to that last boss would've been already done, so you'd just have to defeat him.

Problem with that is a lot of people won't run a FP if they're just there to beat the last boss.

Yeah, but slogging all the way back from the very end right to the start is a pain (and takes time from 'real' game play)...

Besides what has been said about finishing the FP, you stated you are a new player and that you attacked the final boss 3 times, then the other player left. This sounds to me that maybe he/she felt you were not going about it right and didn't want to stay.

There is an issue with dying too many times : repair costs add up. Yeah, people can say something or be nice about it but, well, it isn't so all the time. If I was in that other person's position, I would have tried to give you some indication about what I think might be wrong (low armor, not following order, whatever). Keep in mind the problem could have been the other player, not you. :)

Don't discourage by this. Yesterday I found my brother running Boarding Party (L33 FP) solo with his L36 BH... :-)

Besides what has been said about finishing the FP, you stated you are a new player and that you attacked the final boss 3 times, then the other player left. This sounds to me that maybe he/she felt you were not going about it right and didn't want to stay.

There is an issue with dying too many times : repair costs add up. Yeah, people can say something or be nice about it but, well, it isn't so all the time. If I was in that other person's position, I would have tried to give you some indication about what I think might be wrong (low armor, not following order, whatever). Keep in mind the problem could have been the other player, not you. :)

Don't discourage by this. Yesterday I found my brother running Boarding Party (L33 FP) solo with his L36 BH... :-)

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The other guy was lvl 11 (I was 15), I think he may just have been along to grab what he could and then bail.

He held back at the end section for a while (while I got hammered!)..

At least I'll know better next time!

Do the FP set on the lvl of the first player entering or are the elements always set with the same hp ect?

All very good advice you get here - I have an alternative one just for the first FP in each faction:

You say you are lvl 15. At that level simply call your companion and solo the last boss in the FP (in this case The Esseles). It's completely possible to do and will give you some solo experience. Use Medpack when half dead or your Heroic Moment when companion get under 70%.

I always go back and solo the first FP at lvl 15 or 16 if I missed a modable item or two so far in the game :-)

Good luck with it!

Yeah, but slogging all the way back from the very end right to the start is a pain (and takes time from 'real' game play)...

you don't have to slog back to the start at all - just 'exit area' (little button near map) and you are immediately removed from the FP

Leader clicks on the LFG and will have the option to bring someone in and you just wait for a short while, they'll be pleased for a win on just the last one.

You would need to vote to kick and get rid of any member hanging around, you would give members a little while but 10 mins is excessive and just unfortunate for them if they can't get back within no more than 5.