Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

people in this game

HiltoftheDragon
05.20.2019 , 07:19 AM | #11
If you allow bottom dwellers to get under your skin like that, then they win.

Don't let them win. If you must, kill them with kindness....that makes them boil with anger. Dont react or reply.....you're just feeding them when you do.

You'll be okay. Keep enjoying the game and continue to meet people. Make a carefully sorted friends list and sort out the rest with the ignore feature you have.

Good luck to you.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

IoNonSoEVero
05.21.2019 , 05:11 PM | #12
Yes, a lot of players seem to lack basic manners. Don't blame it on kids, either - some of the most petty, passive-aggressive and nasty people I've met in this game have been adults. There isn't an age limit to acting like a jerk and it isn't something exclusive to any particular generation of players.

Having said that, refusing to feed them with your attention is the best way to handle things. Turn off chats if they are making you angry. You're under no obligation to talk to anyone in this game, and you don't have to have a constant stream of General Chat bile on your screen if you don't want it there. If there's a clickable objective, click on it BEFORE you fight the surrounding mobs so nobody can steal if from you. If you're inclined to do group activities, try to get in with a guild of people you like and feel compatible with so you're not dealing with randoms in PUGs.

And as hard as might be at times, it helps to laugh at it and see it as pathetic and sad as it really is, instead of letting it get to you. I've had people follow me and wait until I've cleared an area to try to race to the objectives first. As soon as I catch wind of what they're doing, I stop and just start using my emotes and toys - my character will do push-ups, sing, dance in circles, sit in a chair and glare, or whatever, and refuse to go any further, until the moocher figures out they're not getting any help and gets frustrated enough that they leave. It gives me a good laugh.

merovejec
05.21.2019 , 11:53 PM | #13
I have the same issue as you and our body dimenssions are almost identical, so therefore its funny for me when these people (mainly from PVP) say how they would kick my butt in RL I grew up in a very bad neighbourhood with roma population all around and street fighting was a common issue. Thats why I get irritated quite easily when these people write such things, cause I know that if we would be sitting face to face they would behave very differently.

Yeah like people said, its mostly kids missusing the power of the internet. It its adults they are compensating some issues they have in RL. Sadly thats how it goes. The internet and the games offer also this possibility. You have the ignore function, but some people are real ******* and even relog to troll you again and again so...

Nevertheless there are quite a few good people in the game and the only thing I can say is to ignore it and more on, enjoy the game.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

JattaGin
05.22.2019 , 12:43 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by vanhazard View Post
Today, on my way towards an objective, i saw another player fighting ... Scarjaw?... on Ossus. I threw a couple of attacks in to help as i was running by. The other player left the fight and raced me to my objective, stole it from me, then started sending me Private messages about "That's what you get!" (...)
Get for what? I don't understand this other player's comment.

The other thing I don't understand is how would that other player know what is your objective?

It feels a bit like this is not the whole story.

I myself stopped helping random players, even if I see them on the brink of dying to some mob and I could finish his task within 2 seconds. Sometimes I go close enough to be visible and if that player wants my help, he can invite me to his group, write help in chat or whatever. After all, maybe suicide was his plan all along.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

merovejec
05.22.2019 , 04:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Get for what? I don't understand this other player's comment.

The other thing I don't understand is how would that other player know what is your objective?

It feels a bit like this is not the whole story.
Its easy to guess the players objective, mainly in areas like Ossus, Section X, CZ198, you know the missions and what needs to be killed, clicked etc. Based on where the player is heading you get the idea of what his mission is.

The player which was so rude, probably didnt know the game well and thought that the OP wants to take away his kill by dpsing it. That is nonsence but he aparently didnt know how that works.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

Storm-Cutter
05.22.2019 , 04:58 AM | #16
OP's experience is a little more than the usual.

But his would suggest that he/she join a guild. - A mature and friendly guild is good for one's online mental state. - If that is a bit of a daunting prospect, then consider making a few friends online and forming a guild with them.

At least nowadays you can inspect people's guilds and contact their GM easily.

- As others have said, there are some toxic and rude people out there - It's only reflecting the wider world. I wouldn't say all of them are kids though. -There are some fantastic people and some rotten apples out there - Age isn't always a factor.

GL OP.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

MikeCobalt
05.22.2019 , 06:30 PM | #17
Its the Internet. People can be Offensive on purpose, Make fun of others, Post about all things taboo (Disgusting) and since they're on the internet avoid 99% of the deserved consequences. The *Edgier places even more a lot of the time. I typically Ignore the general chat in the worse places (just try not to know it) but Ignoring what's wrong...
1 Does Nothing to stop/ prevent that
2 Once one gets away with it others see its ok
I have at times reported the worse ones but with so much "Ambiguity" from B.W. on the subject who knows what happened (I'd suspect very little). Most people do act suitably but it only takes one rotten one to spoil a place 90% full of civilized members. The More toxic members become the *Less civilized members will be there resulting in lower populations in that area/event. 1,Report them, 2,Mute them and 3,Go on
If Everybody just ignores them, it can only continue and get worse.

aerockyul
05.23.2019 , 01:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
Its the Internet. People can be Offensive on purpose, Make fun of others, Post about all things taboo (Disgusting) and since they're on the internet avoid 99% of the deserved consequences. The *Edgier places even more a lot of the time. I typically Ignore the general chat in the worse places (just try not to know it) but Ignoring what's wrong...
1 Does Nothing to stop/ prevent that
2 Once one gets away with it others see its ok
I have at times reported the worse ones but with so much "Ambiguity" from B.W. on the subject who knows what happened (I'd suspect very little). Most people do act suitably but it only takes one rotten one to spoil a place 90% full of civilized members. The More toxic members become the *Less civilized members will be there resulting in lower populations in that area/event. 1,Report them, 2,Mute them and 3,Go on
If Everybody just ignores them, it can only continue and get worse.
By definition and use of the word Everybody in this case--it would not get worse. Once they no longer have an audience they will go somewhere else. As long as one person keeps interacting with them, though, they get PRECISELY what they want, negative or positive.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Euphemia Rose, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

lightSaberAddiCt
06.13.2019 , 09:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
I can tell from your writing you are obviously an adult. You have to remember you are playing with children and children act this way. Don't get upset. It's not worth it. Next time you feel it building up, take a break. Unplug. Take a walk. Breath. Laugh. It's only a video game and not worth the stress. You pay for enjoyment, right? I find turning off chat and putting people on ignore works wonders.
Not to mention, each server is different. OP should try another server.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

SteveTheCynic
06.14.2019 , 01:03 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
The player which was so rude, probably didnt know the game well and thought that the OP wants to take away his kill by dpsing it. That is nonsence but he aparently didnt know how that works.
I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be that "general" foes could be "stolen" by someone doing more threat/aggro than the original attacker. Explicitly-summoned foes like Kregg in the Personal Challenge H2 on DK can't be stolen, but the Mandos around him can because they are tough enough to survive long enough to be stolen.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.