Usefulness of companions in general and after lvl 50

The_Ruler

Since there is no trade for companions i'l do it here in crew skills section.

My problem is this, why go trough all the truble to gear up my companions if i cant use them where its matter the most in flashpoints and operations?.

It seems absurde to go trough all the truble of making a companion sistem with 5 companions for each class and be able to only use them for crew skills and leveling and maybe in low lvl flashpoints where you go alone. What happens afte lvl 50 you just send them in missions?. Ok fine i'l send them but neked since they dont need gear to do missions.

Lets take a look at another mmo like wow, all pets in wow can be brought in dungeons and raids they are part of your caracter you got skills for them and they make sens.

In my belve the companions should be part of the pve gameplay all the way in single player and flashpoints ,operations. They should fill the spot for a missing healer or the lack of dps or iven tanking if possible. Bioware should recalibrate the flashpoints and operations to accommodate companions. This will geve a new balance to the game not having to w8 one hour for a healer or for a missing dps or tank. The partyes will be much more flexible, you could have one tank and 3 dps and a whole lot of companions healers that can act as the missing healer, or you may have 2 tanking players and a lack in dps, your companions culd fill the dps lack, or iven for a balanced party they should be there for suport maybe a player is missing some gear or lacks some skills. Regardless the flashpoint and operations should be balanced in such way that is still a challange with companions included.

For me it seems logical that the game should be like this othewise why go trough all the truble of making such a complex story around your companions if they are not there to support you when you need them the moust. Why go trough all the truble of gearing them and customizing them and increasing your afection with them?. It looks like a single player game in a mmo you got companions for single player but you dont use them in multiplayer.

Sorry if my english is not that good but i hope you guys unerstant what in sayng, i mean i dont whant to display my companions in public areas just for show, i whant them to fight along side with me when i'm in multiplayer not only when i'm single and when i'm leveling up, atleast for the whole pve part.

Edited by The_Ruler

I've run many heroics and FPs using my companions. In certain cases, they actually perform better than some players...

I've used M1-4X for some fantastic tanking and Jorgan can put down some pain with the right equipment. I've yet to try heroics/FPs with a healing companion, but I plan to if I ever change out of heal spec.

I'm willing to bet at the very least a DPS comp could go into an operation. Might be tougher to manage them with boss fight mechanics though.