Gear Requirements for HM FPS?

I'm about to try my hand at some of the HM FP content, but before I do that I want to be sure I have the proper gear. The GF tip suggest 212 armor, although I haven't been able to find any 212 armor so I assume it means a mix between 208 and 216. As it stands all of my armor is 208 except for three pieces. One is 194 (a relic) and two of them are 216 (the focus and lower robe).

Do I need to farm for more glowing data crystals or am I good to go?

EDIT: I'm a sorc healer if that's relevant.

Edited by dljtanke

I'm about to try my hand at some of the HM FP content, but before I do that I want to be sure I have the proper gear. The GF tip suggest 212 armor, although I haven't been able to find any 212 armor so I assume it means a mix between 208 and 216. As it stands all of my armor is 208 except for three pieces. One is 194 (a relic) and two of them are 216 (the focus and lower robe).

Hard Mode Flashpoints are bolstered. If you know your stuff, it doesn't matter what you wear.

Immediately after 4.0 dropped, my merc healer on EH healed a PUG HM Kaon easily, with only a few hiccups. She was in Yavin and Ziost gear. But yesterday, my Mara had a PUG HM Battle of Ilum, and the healer couldn't keep up, even with the tank using his dcds.

In short, I'd strongly recommend having better gear, but if you know your defensives and your rotation, you should be fine.

Those gear recommendations have never really been correct; especially since the difficulty varies from flashpoint to flashpoint.

For the beginning, I recommend to NOT queue for a random HM flashpoint, but select one of the easier ones like Athiss and Cademimu. That way, even if you get a bad group, you should be able to get through the flashpoint.

The other flashpoints either require a lot of damage or healing, or have complicated mechanics where you a) have to find someone willing to explain them and b) have the patience for a few wipes until you have learned them.

Definitely avoid a flashpoint like Blood Hunt, it is pretty much impossible for a new player and will only leave a bad impression. Once you are confident in running flashpoints, you can do the more difficult ones but I recommend to only do those that you already saw on solo or tactical mode. Sadly, not every player is willing to explain a boss so you should know the fights before you queue.

Btw. you didn't mention if you are tank, healer or DPS; so we may have additional tips knowing your role.

Edited by Jerba

Those gear recommendations have never really been correct; especially since the difficulty varies from flashpoint to flashpoint.

For the beginning, I recommend to NOT queue for a random HM flashpoint, but select one of the easier ones like Athiss and Cademimu. That way, even if you get a bad group, you should be able to get through the flashpoint.

The other flashpoints either require a lot of damage or healing, or have complicated mechanics where you a) have to find someone willing to explain them and b) have the patience for a few wipes until you have learned them.

Definitely avoid a flashpoint like Blood Hunt, it is pretty much impossible for a new player and will only leave a bad impression. Once you are confident in running flashpoints, you can do the more difficult ones but I recommend to only do those that you already saw on solo or tactical mode. Sadly, not every player is willing to explain a boss so you should know the fights before you queue.

Btw. you didn't mention if you are tank, healer or DPS; so we may have additional tips knowing your role.

Sorc healer, also edited the body to address this.

Sorc healer, also edited the body to address this.

Well, like I said the fights vary a lot. Some of them barely require healing and you can help dealing damage, others you need 5k+ EHPS, especially when you have players who won't run out of the fire, and there is no way to really prepare for that amount of healing if you are new to the game.

Just start with the easier flashpoints and work your way up when you feel confident. Some fights, like the final boss in Blood Hunt HM, feel very difficult to heal even in 224 gear so I wouldn't recommend you to enter it in 208/216 gear yet, but the easier ones will be fine.

Just checked the list again, I'd recommend to start with these four:

• Hammer Station
  • Athiss
  • Cademimu
  • Directive 7

Edited by Jerba

EDIT: I'm a sorc healer if that's relevant.

Note this all assume everyone in the group know there is no free candy in the red circles...

Your gear is fine for HM FPs as a healer. The only problem you might come across isn't really going to be with you. Bolster, imo, doesn't distribute stats well for tanks. When it comes time to do the bonus bosses, you might find your tank leaking hit points if they are relying on bolster rather than on their gear. If that's the case, you might have a time keeping up with the holes. I've heard similar things about dps being low enough to really edge the timers, but haven't "seen" it with my own eyes because I only run healers and tanks.

If you are really worried, a cheap and fast way to gear out for HM FP's is to run the weekly PVP mission. With the 5 missions and the weekly reward, you should have enough tokens to get the Cynosure gear. It will give you the set gear bonus, and its a cheaper way to shift enhancements around to get all the right stats you want. That should hold you over until you can get the upgrades you want.

PVP 204 Robe

208 PVE Vendor Robe

Well, like I said the fights vary a lot. Some of them barely require healing and you can help dealing damage, others you need 5k+ EHPS, especially when you have players who won't run out of the fire, and there is no way to really prepare for that amount of healing if you are new to the game.

Just start with the easier flashpoints and work your way up when you feel confident. Some fights, like the final boss in Blood Hunt HM, feel very difficult to heal even in 224 gear so I wouldn't recommend you to enter it in 208/216 gear yet, but the easier ones will be fine.

Just checked the list again, I'd recommend to start with these four:

• Hammer Station
  • Athiss
  • Cademimu
  • Directive 7

At least on the Imperial side, most of the launch flashpoints are pretty easy in HM (reasonably tuned, simple mechanics).

Rakghoul ones (Kaon and Lost Island) can get rough, especially with players who do not know the mechanics.

Forges Alliances are hit or miss, Korriban is easy, Tython can be god awful with a group that can't avoid bad, Manaan can be rough as well, Rakata isn't bad.

SoR ones I don't know fully, Blood Hunt I drop if it pops, but I haven't done Rishi since 4.1 - though if it got tuned similar to Blood Hunt, I'd also drop it (especially as most groups that failed pre 4.0 did so on the last boss).

Edited by DawnAskham

If you know how to play well your class and roll well, you can do it with whatever gear you got if you take one of the easy ones.

Did a guild run with the only gear we had was the level orange gear on fleet that you can get around level 10 and the starter relics/implants/earpiece you get from the PvP intro quest. We cleared False Emperor and Directive 7 with that gear.

Bolster without any significant gear bring a DPS output between 3 to 4k, a healer is around 5k and a tank will have around 20-30% damage mitigation. It's lower than what gear give, but if the entire group do the mechanics rights, it can be cleared if there isn't any major DPS or Heal check like in Blood Hunt or Lost Island.

For exemple, Directive 7 need around 6.5k DPS to avoid enrage on Bulwark which is the highest dps output needed in there and 3.5K heals on a Vanguard tank with only a shield generator as gear.

For exemple, Directive 7 need around 6.5k DPS to avoid enrage on Bulwark which is the highest dps output needed in there and 3.5K heals on a Vanguard tank with only a shield generator as gear.

Just for caution: you shouldn't actually go naked if you are going to tank. If you have no clothes on, you have no armor rating, which reeeally ups the damage you take.

Well i went in with a fresh created lvl 60 and his 188 gear. Had no issues after first boss the tank dced and we were only 2 dps and 1 healer. The others had a combination of 208/212 gear and we killed 2nd and last boss without a tank, so it cant get any easier in the HM fps.