Ops lockouts shortcut to Conquest pts.

Many guilds are using a strategy of Ops lockouts to win Conquest pts races. This is within the rules, as far as most people understand them.

8 players do an Ops up until the last boss, then each of the 8 take turns finishing the Ops grouping with 7 new players. The net result is 64 players receiving full conquest pts for completing an Ops even though only 8 actually did all the content of the entire ops, while the remaining 56 only killed the last boss.

If this strategy isn't acceptable to Bioware, the only solution is to divide conquest pts for the Ops among the bosses, so each boss gives a set amount of conquest. This would require each player to actually complete an Ops start to finish to receive full conquest pts.

If this is considered an exploit, sorry for posting this, but Bioware should state that it is and take corrective action.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Conquest is pretty much a joke because it's always been about gaming the system through mindless grinding to win...something underwhelming. I mean, does anyone out there really think it's fun to kill the last boss in the group finder Op a dozen times? If so, why (serious question)?

Yeah, if it was going to be meaningful, you'd get points for each boss in the Op, or multiplicative points for killing each boss in HM or NiM to encourage people to do something harder. As it stands, Conquest boils down to a contest of both extreme patience and masochism.

Edited by KaiserTNT

Conquest is pretty much a joke because it's always been about gaming the system through mindless grinding to win...something underwhelming. I mean, does anyone out there really think it's fun to kill the last boss in the group finder Op a dozen times? If so, why (serious question)?

Yeah, if it was going to be meaningful, you'd get points for each boss in the Op, or multiplicative points for killing each boss in HM or NiM to encourage people to do something harder. As it stands, Conquest boils down to a contest of both extreme patience and masochism.

More so after the nerfs. All that's left is repetitive grinding. Every time they try to fix it, they make it worse.

More so after the nerfs. All that's left is repetitive grinding. Every time they try to fix it, they make it worse.

Lol quite frankly, pre-nerf most of the bosses were level 55 so it was actually worse in a lot of cases. Agree that it's a pain though.

Conquest is so easy now, I wouldn't even call it a grind. It takes like half an hour to an hour of gameplay to reach the goal per toon.

And as to why question, it is an easy credit farming for me personally. I make over half a mil credits per toon each week off of conquest. I am still trying to buy some items from the gtn, so it's still relevant for me.

Now, if they remove last boss lockout shortcut - THEN it would become a grind and not an enjoyable one.

Edited by power-alex