an mmo without group content? gg bioware

A KOTOR game without solo content [ = SWTOR ] ? gg bioware

SWTOR is not KOToR though, it was never supposed to be KOToR and was never marketed as such.

Now we have **** singleplayer and nonexistent mmo content.

So congrats, you got what you wanted.

I'm confused....please elaborate upon OP's comment.
With Knights of a Fallen Empire, Bioware put all their resources into creating new single player content. So there haven't been any new ops or flashpoints in a while. They also chose to make heroic missions, which formerly required 4 players to be quite doable with just yourself and a companion with sufficient influence level. Finally, most, but not all, flashpoints can be done in solo mode if people choose to.

That said, there's still plenty of people running flashpoints in tactical and hard mode. I also see plenty of people advertising for ops runs in general chat. So the "No group content" statement is probably hyperbole.

If you are having fun, keep playing. If you aren't having fun, go do something else you enjoy.

That said, there's still plenty of people running flashpoints in tactical and hard mode. I also see plenty of people advertising for ops runs in general chat. So the "No group content" statement is probably hyperbole.

For over 1 year, all the new group content is 1 operation boss (Worldbreaker Monolith) and 1 FP boss (Bonus boss, battle of Rishi), months before 4.0 people that wanted to clear those bosses had already did it.

For someone that played since launch and that already cleared, most if not all those content, it's nothing new to do, just finishing the last few achievements that are left. Personnally, my main is full 224 so the HM ops of the week is for gearing alts. Also, I just got 3 bosses left to kill in 8M, in HM (Revan and M&B) and in NiM (Dread Council) and a few 16m ops to do to have all the OPS PvE content achievements.

Right now, the lack of new content is slowly kill my guild since people are bored killing the same bosses for years and we don't run FP anymore since people did it so many times and the drop from those FP are useless.

Edited by ludoviccb
quote not showing properly

raiding has never worked here

Go sh*tpost somewhere else.

People got tired of raiding because people ran through it too quickly, it was so in demand that BioWare could not put out content fast enough so the scene died down after a while.

This new expansion will not revive the game.

Episodic content that has 2 hours of play max will become infuriating and boring.

then why waste time on them when story is what drives this game

Operations players are just like GSF players.

There aren't enough of you to matter. Everyone else matters more.

There aren't enough players period to make anything that matters.

They should have met the demand a long time ago, but now they don't have the money or manpower to do so.

Just let it die.

then why waste time on them when story is what drives this game

Operations players are just like GSF players.

There aren't enough of you to matter. Everyone else matters more.

No one group can support this game alone. If you think neglecting any one type of player is the key to success you're as misguided as bioware seems to be.

but i'm curious, what do you like to do? what part of the game keeps you here?

Story, Solo, 2-4 man PvE, PvP, GSF, Events, are more than enough to succeed.

I'd replace Operations development entirely with content like

* Pazaak

* Swoop Racing

* Sabacc

* Shooting Minigames with funny faction-specific targets

Etc.

You know.

Inclusive content that people actually want to play instead of high cost, low participation garbage.

I'd keep operations but make them maintenance mode and a way to pass the time, just like how GSF is right now.

Edited by JMCA

Meaningless to you, but Star Fortress is meaningless to you and it is far more popular than operations right now.

I've never seen anyone that likes that horrendous grind of a "Heroic".

Star Fortress is terrible, and I have to do it 5 *********** times for my weekly.

Lol you can get it done with 3 Heroic versions.

Are you unable to solo those?

If so... how?

It's not even hard.

I solo the heroic versions, that's not the point.

I have to do these **** missions 3 to 5 times.

It's not story content and adds nothing to PvE or KotFE.

It's garbage.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it depends on what the real gripe is.

If the problem is that people are bored with the current group content, and new FPs, Ops (etc) are overdue, then that's one thing. I don't happen to be bored, but I get why someone else might be. Incidentally, it's a general problem with all MMOs as far as I can tell. Player bases have become more and more skilled had farming content. Bioware may be comparatively slow, and if people don't feel like they're getting their money's worth...well, there are only so many options at that point. I'd hope that people realize that perfectly legit complaints on a forum aren't likely to do much.

On the other hand, if the root of the gripe is that all these modes of group content also have solo content options, then I guess I don't see the problem. If people are playing the solo version in place of the group version, then maybe that's indictment of the community rather than the game. I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but I'll reserve my group play for friends and guild mates. Long gone are the days when I had much interest in meeting anyone in game. Most of the time the unpleasantness doesn't make the experience worth it, and I'd rather just complete the Flashpoint, or whatever else, solo.