Ziost Monolith Question

My friends/guildies and I have only recently (as in, since 4.0) gotten really into raiding. We were primarily PvP'ers prior to that. Regardless we were running 8m Monolith SM (only 3 of us have the gear for anything HM that isn't KP/EV) since only one of us had ever done it and that was prior to 4.0. However we noticed that he had almost twice as much health as he was supposed to have in 8m SM according to Dulfy (~5.67 million supposedly, he had around 9.5 million).

Is this the proper amount of HP post-4.0, as in, was the fight changed? Or is he just bugged out somehow? We kept wiping at ~12-14% due to enrage timers and weren't sure if we were doing something wrong or if the fight is just messed up, and searching on the forums didn't find me anything regarding to HP pools so I decided to ask.

i used to do it in 3.0: 16m sm in 9-10 people with 5-6 dps, 2-3h, 1-2 tanks. 8hm it needed like 2.5k dps from 4 dps to beat enrage.

i didn't do it since 4.0, but looking at how the fight works in sm and how the rest of the content demands in terms of dps, 4dd doing 4,5k-5k should be enough. have a healer or an offtank picking up a color and doing the mechanic if you are a bit low and you should beat it.

Do the rifts have any effect on his damage output/intake? Our tanks were spending so much time trying to watch stack debuffs that he ended up sitting near or in a rift a lot. That's the only real mechanical thing that came to mind about what was going on.

That would probably be it, as the boss takes half damage while standing in a rift.

• 1 month later...
A group of mine were running this the other night and kept running into the enrage timer. Our dps wasn't lacking, heals spot on, and we were using 3 raid buffs at our disposal. We could get him to 2% before enrage, then we'd be done for. Kinda scratching our heads over what's going on.

A group of mine were running this the other night and kept running into the enrage timer. Our dps wasn't lacking, heals spot on, and we were using 3 raid buffs at our disposal. We could get him to 2% before enrage, then we'd be done for. Kinda scratching our heads over what's going on.

That is exactly what is lacking, dps. The enrage is 9 minutes 40 seconds. In 8m SM (I assume this is what you were doing) the total dps required is somewhere around 16k. Even with a regular party formation of 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps, you would only need 3000 dps done per damage dealer (if your tanks and healers contribute a total sum of around 4000). Even if tanks and healers didn't do anything in terms of damage, you would only need around 4000 from each dps. Seeing as you need at least 6k on many harder fights, two thirds of that isn't exactly a lot.

//Don't let him stand in the rifts. It buffs his damage, which taxes healers more, and it lowers the damage you do to him.

Edited by Memo-

What about the wandering Monoliths, do I need a group for them, or can they be soloed ?

If you mean those single monoliths you need for the "Kill 50 Monoliths" achievement then yes, those can be soloed as long as you have your companion out. But keep in mind that there are two versions, the normal monolith and a rare spawn that has like triple the HP and may be difficult to solo; but the normal monolith shouldn't be a problem.

Search for videos on Raging Monolith vs. Devastator Monolith if you are unsure.

Edited by Jerba

What was the dps everyone in your group had? If you all aren't using star parse you should start.

If you mean those single monoliths you need for the "Kill 50 Monoliths" achievement then yes, those can be soloed as long as you have your companion out. But keep in mind that there are two versions, the normal monolith and a rare spawn that has like triple the HP and may be difficult to solo; but the normal monolith shouldn't be a problem.

Search for videos on Raging Monolith vs. Devastator Monolith if you are unsure.

I already encountered both, thank you. :)

But - somehow my Legacy Achievement seems to be stuck at 5 now. I don't know why. :confused:

Those can be soloed. Use your companion on heals.

Gus does a fine job there. :)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer