Way Too Long For Ops

Love story arc for 4.0 but this is way too long to wait for new ops. Bumping the old ones was cool to fill some gaps but not good enough till fall 2016. My guild is thriving right now but without new raid content we will start feeling an exodus soon. We do a little of everything but raiding is something important to most of our regular members. Here's hoping you rethink your timeline and release another ops sooner than later. Love this game and would prefer building more here rather than relocating.

I agree. I think the roll-out on Ops-scaling could have been better too. If they wanted to get away from NiMs they should have made that clear with 4.0 and offered no NiMs. Essentially, they broke their word. They told us leading up to 3.0 that we would never go 14 months without a new raid again. Whether they meant to or not is irrelevant. This speaks directly to credibility.

It would have made perfect sense to have tiered the ops as well.

T1: EV, KP, EC = 14 bosses for 14 slots of gear at 216.

T1a: TC = 1 boss for 1 random 220.

T2: TFB, SnV, DF = 17 bosses for 14 slots of gear at 220 and 3 slots of gear at 224 (final bosses)

T3: DP, Rav, Tos = 15 bosses for 14 slots of gear at 224 and 1 random 228 from Revan.

T3a: WBM = 1 boss for 1 random 228.

T1H would be the same model but drop 228 gear.

T2H same as above with 232.

T3H same as above with 236 plus 1 random 240.

With the merging of primary stats, the number of gear "models" they need to create is reduced by 75%.

How many more threads do we need on this topic? All these negative threads just adds fuel to the fire. Bio ware has a development scheduled that they are kind of committed to at this point so no point beating a dead horse.

Its a public forum, so as many as we want, its not like they read this section of the forums anyway. If we add enough fuel to the fire they may notice our smoke signal and actually listen to us. This fire can grow bigger through complaints, threads, and wallets.

Its a public forum, so as many as we want, its not like they read this section of the forums anyway. If we add enough fuel to the fire they may notice our smoke signal and actually listen to us. This fire can grow bigger through complaints, threads, and wallets.

Or you will just turn any new players away from the game. They come to the forums to check the state of the game and see all the babies crying about everything then decide to go elsewhere. If you enjoy the game and want it to succeed try being positive.

Or you will just turn any new players away from the game. They come to the forums to check the state of the game and see all the babies crying about everything then decide to go elsewhere. If you enjoy the game and want it to succeed try being positive.

This thread is positive. To suggest the player community should not voice their concerns or desires is a bit 1984. One would hope the development path of a subscription game is pulled, in part, by the voice of the community via forums.

I for one believe this game needs new group content ASAP if it wants to retain any kind of serious, or casual at this point, raiding community.

I think the raiding community, both casual and progressive, feels completely abandoned by Bioware's current development path.

Edited by Volcan

We inform developers and other people about the problem. It's up to those new players to decide if the problem is important for them or not. It's up to devs to fix the problems.

We are not *********** PR managers for EA.

How many more threads do we need on this topic? All these negative threads just adds fuel to the fire. Bio ware has a development scheduled that they are kind of committed to at this point so no point beating a dead horse.

You left this game before 2.0, and are JUST coming back.

From your perspective, you've just gotten 9 brand new flashpoints, 5 new operations, 6 new daily areas and 3 new storylines.

Those of us who stayed know that most of that "new stuff" happened in the first half your absence, that very little group content has been added in the past year, and that there are no details on the future schedule.

Edited by Khevar

This thread is positive. To suggest the player community should not voice their concerns or desires is a bit 1984. One would hope the development path of a subscription game is pulled, in part, by the voice of the community via forums.

I for one believe this game needs new group content ASAP if it wants to retain any kind of serious, or casual at this point, raiding community.

I think the raiding community, both casual and progressive, feels completely abandoned by Bioware's current development path.

Man, I hear you. I think Bioware does too. But we don't need 100 threads a day on it. If you want to voice your opinion, go to one of the 300 threads already open regarding the lack of new ops. Furthermore, the dev team has already said they have a development schedule. They cant just abandon everything they have worked on just to try and make some new raid. You know as well as I do, if they rush making a raid it will just be a buggy POS.

They won't be making any new ops till after the chapters in their new story are complete.

As if you know. You don't.

You very well may know that no Operations will be coming before the end of this story.

But you certainly do not know - nor do any of us:

• If there will be Operations developed afterwards.

• If so, at what point in time.

You may have an opinion, but you most certainly do not know.

As if you know. You don't.

You very well may know that no Operations will be coming before the end of this story.

But you certainly do not know - nor do any of us:

• If there will be Operations developed afterwards.

• If so, at what point in time.

You may have an opinion, but you most certainly do not know.

"I want to be really clear to our fans out there who are deep MMO fans. We're not forgetting about that part of the game either," said Hickman. "We just have a focus right now on the story. We're doing lots of stuff around flashpoints and operations and raid bosses and PvP and that stuff. But it's all about story this year.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/15/8736559/star-wars-old-republic-knights-of-the-fallen-empire-expansion

I think this quote gives a lot of insight into bioware's plans for the game.

We inform developers and other people about the problem. It's up to those new players to decide if the problem is important for them or not. It's up to devs to fix the problems.

We are not *********** PR managers for EA.

No one said that, all i said is we don't need 100 threads a day on the same topic, and if you actually wanted the game to succeed you would be such a cyber baby and cry whenever something in "your" game doesn't go your way.

No one said that, all i said is we don't need 100 threads a day on the same topic, and if you actually wanted the game to succeed you would be such a cyber baby and cry whenever something in "your" game doesn't go your way.

Do we have any other option? Like, surveys done by Bioware? Actual devs coming to forums and discussing things? No, we don't. So endless whine is the only option for us to get something to change. The same way endless whine gets bugs fixed (just think about it for a moment...) Becouse if we stay silent, no changes will ever happen.

The entire "shut up" proposition is basically proposition to give up on game and move on. And that's exactly what will get the game killed. People simply leavng, without trying to push for the changes they'd like to see.

I'd like you to take a step back, and re-read the first post on this thread.

You'll note that the OP mentions a couple times how much he loves the game, and that his guild is currently doing well, and then politely expressions a wish for them to rethink their timeline. (A timeline, which is vague and unclear at the present, I might add.)

A player that loves the game (but wishes there were more group content) is someone you have to attack and belittle? With language line "cyber baby and cry"? This isn't the first thread in which you've said that sort of thing, either.

Far from making the forum a more pleasant place, your actions are actually making it worse. You might think about discussing the issues rather than attacking the people ...

Edited by Khevar

I'd like you to take a step back, and re-read the first post on this thread.

You'll note that the OP mentions a couple times how much he loves the game, and that his guild is currently doing well, and then politely expressions a wish for them to rethink their timeline. (A timeline, which is vague and unclear at the present, I might add.)

A player that loves the game (but wishes there were more group content) is someone you have to attack and belittle? With language line "cyber baby and cry"? This isn't the first thread in which you've said that sort of thing, either.

Far from making the forum a more pleasant place, your actions are actually making it worse. You might think about discussing the issues rather than attacking the people ...

No one is attacking anyone, I clearly said that there is already multiple threads discussing this issue, and that we don't need to be "cyber babies" by making 500 different threads about the same topic.

No one is attacking anyone, I clearly said that there is already multiple threads discussing this issue, and that we don't need to be "cyber babies" by making 500 different threads about the same topic.

First of all, "not making a new thread on a subject" is a forum courtesy to prevent new posts from being buried. When a dozen new threads are made on the same thing in short order, other posts get pushed to page 2 and 3 and beyond.

You'll note that this forum gets very little traffic, and so doesn't have that problem. Your rebuke on this subject is unneeded.

Second of all, your post was also complaining about "negative threads". Which is why I suggested to re-read the first post. Did you do so? The OP was most certainly not negative.

The fact of the matter is, people who play this game for the group content would like to a) know what the plan is, and b) accelerate that plan. This forum is a place to discuss that desire.

I say again, your attempt to call people who love the game and post polite requests "cyber babies" and "crying" does nothing but make this forum worse.

Edited by Khevar

First of all, "not making a new thread on a subject" is a forum courtesy to prevent new posts from being buried. When a dozen new threads are made on the same thing in short order, other posts get pushed to page 2 and 3 and beyond.

You'll note that this forum gets very little traffic, and so doesn't have that problem. Your rebuke on this subject is unneeded.

Second of all, your post was also complaining about "negative threads". Which is why I suggested to re-read the first post. Did you do so? The OP was most certainly not negative.

The fact of the matter is, people who play this game for the group content would like to a) know what the plan is, and b) accelerate that plan. This forum is a place to discuss that desire.

I say again, your attempt to call people who love the game and post polite requests "cyber babies" and "crying" does nothing but make this forum worse.

This thread is negative because it is intended to spark negative responses from the community. It has been happening on these forums since launch. These aren't "polite request" these are people crying to get their way.

This thread is negative because it is intended to spark negative responses from the community. It has been happening on these forums since launch. These aren't "polite request" these are people crying to get their way.

The only person this thread seems to have sparked any negative response from is you. The Op is politely asking for something he and some others (I'm not saying a majority, but I'm sure others would like the same answers) would like a response to, and hopefully to speed up the Operations timeline. I love this game, but to be honest, I'm bored of all of the current Ops. I've done EV/KP/EC at level 50 progression, even TFB at 50 originally. Spent time doing TFB/SnV progression at 2.0 for however many months, DF and DP for around a full year, and Rav/ToS for about a year.

Asking politely as he did is completely fine. Your the only one that seems to have a problem with it.

The only person this thread seems to have sparked any negative response from is you. The Op is politely asking for something he and some others (I'm not saying a majority, but I'm sure others would like the same answers) would like a response to, and hopefully to speed up the Operations timeline. I love this game, but to be honest, I'm bored of all of the current Ops. I've done EV/KP/EC at level 50 progression, even TFB at 50 originally. Spent time doing TFB/SnV progression at 2.0 for however many months, DF and DP for around a full year, and Rav/ToS for about a year.

Asking politely as he did is completely fine. Your the only one that seems to have a problem with it.

Good grief, you all keep saying the same thing does not change the fact that we don't need 300 threads on the same topic.