Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I feel like I've been tricked by EA/BioWare!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I feel like I've been tricked by EA/BioWare!

Derity
12.13.2011 , 08:23 AM | #1
As a paying customer, I feel I have been wrongfully guided and misled into purchasing a product under false advertising.

The advertisement of the Early Game Access led me and I'm sure many others, to believe that we were paying for the right to play the game from the 15th of December.

I am not a long-time follower of this game, I only preordered the game yesterday. The preorder cost me 45 on origin.com, I only paid extra as I was led to believe this was the only way I would gain early access to the game.

Following the community today however, it seems a lot has changed. Players are being let in today and I have heard (what I hope to be) rumors of some players like myself, only being let in on the 19th. Giving us one day of early access.

5 for one day of game-time.

This is outrageous and I hope that I can get a refund if this is what I am expected to be paying for, against terms that I was suckered into believing.

Battyone
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #2
Quote:
The advertisement of the Early Game Access led me and I'm sure many others, to believe that we were paying for the right to play the game from the 15th of December.
*looks at calendar*

I literally have nothing to say to you besides two things:

1 -- Learn the definition of the word "may"
2 -- Learn how to read a calendar

dwtsweeb
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #3
On origin it definitely said "Up to 5 days early access" not "5 days early access" there is a big difference. 1 day early access does fall into the "Up to 5 days early access" bucket.

MikRhonah
12.13.2011 , 08:25 AM | #4
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force.

An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell

Angof
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #5
Doesn't the 5 dollars go toward the cost of the game... Meaning you actually didn't spend any extra money?

Thaifun
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #6
You get the 5 dollars back...

Spitoc
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #7
/facepalm macro where ya at?
I ALWAYS get my mark, and I'm coming for you!
Proud CE Owner

Disketa
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #8
That is not true, it was stated hundred times before that the early acces is UP TO 5 days (7 days). And I am pretty much sure that the cost of this preorder card will be cut off the final price on your game.

Cluttered
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #9
1. Check date.
2. Check $5 pre-charge.
3. Serenity profit.
Braddocks - Pelican - Ova'tali - Jatink
. Never Forget

Sparklefrost
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #10
I think the OP just needs a hug