One thing amuses me.

Sowmay

Its not just SR though there have been lot of news and the like comming out through twitter before it hits the game forums, and I find that almost unacceptable.

(note that I said almost)

WE should be the first to know things, us the dedicated forum goers. As some of us have been waiting half a decade for this game, and (like me) refuse to use/join twitter/facebook.

Now I know I am in the minority when it comes to twitter/facebook, but that doesn't change the fact that we (the forum goers should know things first.

Either way I am just happy that Launch is finally here, and that access for all of us is just days away (for some of us mere hours)

If you want to split hairs thats fine, but you like me should understand that after years of waiting now we have days/hours till we get to play.

this is not some beta weekend,

this is not general testing,

This is Launch Week,

12/13-12/20

(The 20th just happens to be when the game is available to buy in stores lol)

EDIT: BTW if we are just complaining with nothing backing up our complaints then why is it that the SWTOR twiter feed is putting out when the waves of invites are going out, and I have yet to find such info on these forums.

These announcements should be big and bold at the top of the community page, and not buried on page x of the forums.

Edited by moosifer

If you want to split hairs thats fine, but you like me should understand that after years of waiting now we have days/hours till we get to play.

this is not some beta weekend,

this is not general testing,

This is Launch Week,

12/13-12/20

(The 20th just happens to be when the game is available to buy in stores lol)

EDIT: BTW if we are just complaining with nothing backing up our complaints then why is it that the SWTOR twiter feed is putting out when the waves of invites are going out, and I have yet to find such info on these forums.

These announcements should be big and bold at the top of the community page, and not buried on page x of the forums.

technically its a pre-launch until the 19th if i'm not mistaken

Yeah I am sure he's paid hourly...what are you smoking?

Why would he be paid hourly? That would just be impossible to track. I agree with what someone said before, he could easily log onto the forums from home and post here just as everyone else does.

I think he is posting on twitter because if you've noticed the website has been incredibly slow in the past few days because of overloaded hits. Past few hours it's been quicker, that's likely because people are looking on twitter rather than here.

Still think the first place they should post the information is a mass email or on their own website.

You realize Twitter is a superior platform for these rapid-paced up-to-the-minute updates, right?

Sure, they could put a Shoutbox on the forums or something, but there isn't one currently. I'd rather have Twitter tell me he's posting then stare at the forums like it's the '00's continuously hitting "Refresh."

Seriously.

You realize Twitter is a superior platform for these rapid-paced up-to-the-minute updates, right?

Sure, they could put a Shoutbox on the forums or something, but there isn't one currently. I'd rather have Twitter tell me he's posting then stare at the forums like it's the '00's continuously hitting "Refresh."

Seriously.

but you fail to address one of the points I bring up in my first post (see page 1) which is tha there are planty of people like me who refuse to use twitter, and as such we dont recieve news untill one of you with twitter post here on the forums.

I'm not saying they shouldn't use twitter, but just that we should know at the same time as the twitter folks not after, and we most certianly should not be getting the bulk of out EGA news from community members (although I thank each and every one of you for doing such).

there are planty of people like me who refuse to use twitter

Use Twitter.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I have plenty of friends on the "lawltwittersux," bandwagon. I don't care what the reason, if you want an up to the minute feed for something provided on Twitter, than sign up an account and Follow it.

Nothing is forcing you to follow celebrities or anyone you don't want to follow. Nothing forces you to Tweet.

I am not against just twitter, but all social media as I feel it is killing the real communities around us. I do this in protest no because of some lame reason to not like twitter over some other social media website.

People like me shouldn't be left out in the cold as it were, but I aint that mad necessarily. Its just that it doesn't seem like good customer service to let those of us who don't use twitter or the like wait for info.

Info that ends up being given to us by other community members like yourself that do use twitter, and if some one like you can come here and make a post faster than a dev can there is something wrong.

Like maybe they need to hire more devs,

I would be happy to leave my current job in the customer service field, and come to work for BioWare doing nothing but posting on the forums with every update imagineable lol

(EDIT: and if there is anybody on the forums that understands not reading emotion into text where none is expressly stated it's me lol)

Edited by moosifer

I am not against just twitter, but all social media as I feel it is killing the real communities around us. I do this in protest no because of some lame reason to not like twitter over some other social media website.

Okay.

Once again, you don't have to use Twitter as a social network. It is a completely viable option to use Twitter solely to keep updated feeds on anything you're interested in.

Stephen Reid is using his own personal Twitter to keep a lot of us appraised of what's going on. It's easier for him to handle probably, considering the massive influx of posts on the forums. It's easier for people to ask him questions and get responses. This is a bonus feature, an extra. It's not, in my opinion, something we're necessarily entitled to.

You can't really protest social media. It's sort of like the radio and television. It's one of those things that we as a society need to learn to find meaningful ways to incorporate into our lives before it can do the harm you're worried about. Not using Twitter in the way I described, not taking control of it and making it yours, is just as much a failure to help social media evolve.

I would quote all of you but that would take to much work on my part lol.

and as for the you cant protest social media...

many people tried to do the very same thing when the telegraph, telephone, radio, and television first came out...

They just failed (and thankfully so), and trust me I know my resistance is futile. That is not going to change the way I feel about it, and as for the arguement that this forum is social media...

Eh...

technally you have me there, but to me that is like arguing that all nude photos are **** when some of those photos are rightly classified as art.

EDIT: Really BioWare!? how can anybody get me point if they cant read my post, or should I have spelt out the full word pronography

The field of **** should read (edit out spaces) p o r n

EDIT 2: I guess I need to spell it out fully lol.

Edited by moosifer