Finally bit the bullet and....

devilkat

Watched Solo. I know, took long enough. But The Last Jedi left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to the movies, and I didn't appreciate being told that I was stupid by Kennedy because she assumed I "didn't understand her vision". I really enjoyed Solo, though. That one and Rogue One have easily been the best Star Wars movies that Disney has released. They're fun, funny and don't preach at me. And now I kind of want to see

Darth Maul vs Han Solo :D. Pretty sure Maul is out of his league, though :D

I do have a question about that girl, though. Was she supposed to be Maul's apprentice? A force sensitive? And how did Palpatine not realize that Maul had never died? As a side note, it's good to see that long falls not killing anyone isn't unique to this game :rolleyes:

Indeed. Solo was good. Fun, sometimes a bit goofy, but what did you expect? Sadly, it got all the backlash that should've been reserved for Ep 9. Subsequently, Lucasfilm canned all other spinoffs, because "the fans don't want to see them", and when Ep 9 comes out, most will have forgotten why they boycotted Solo. Edited by Mubrak

• 4 weeks later...

I too bit the bullet. I don't care for Disneyverse, and so I have absolutely no interest in seeing any of the films. However, my favorite thing about Star Wars is the ships, and so it was only a matter of time until I stumbled upon this video.

Is there even such a thing as a Star Wars fan who didn't like that particular set of scenes? That was well executed. Ironically enough, some of my favorite things in them were taken from the EU. Not sure if they lacked originality or if they had one guy still passionate about the franchise work on it, but I was thoroughly entertained nonetheless.

I liked the fact that one of the characters mirrored my own, almost as if the whole thing may have been something I could have come up with, so I guess I should assume the latter.

Indeed. Solo was good. Fun, sometimes a bit goofy, but what did you expect? Sadly, it got all the backlash that should've been reserved for Ep 9. Subsequently, Lucasfilm canned all other spinoffs, because "the fans don't want to see them", and when Ep 9 comes out, most will have forgotten why they boycotted Solo.

Sad truth.

Darth Maul vs Han Solo :D. Pretty sure Maul is out of his league, though :D

I do have a question about that girl, though. Was she supposed to be Maul's apprentice? A force sensitive? And how did Palpatine not realize that Maul had never died? As a side note, it's good to see that long falls not killing anyone isn't unique to this game :rolleyes:

Maul was basically left powerless at the end of Son of Dathomir comic arc (which explains how he escaped from prison and also why we see him in Solo), but thanks to his vast underworld connections, he was able to build a criminal group of his own. He wasn't a serious threat to Palpatine anymore at this point, considering how the Nightsisters had been wiped out.

Qi'ra is not force-sensitive nor Maul's apprentice, rather a victim of circumstance who was forced to fend herself off and who tried to get away from Dryden and Crimson Dawn many times, always failing, until she encounters Han which gives her a chance to take Dryden out and keep him and Maul off from Han's tail.