Can SWTOR replace SWG?

wrongfeifong

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will. To be completely objective on it, it's been around for a long time and it's had a good run. The technology is outdated and there hasn't been new content made for it in a while. To be non-objective, I loved the game when I played, but now it seems stale to me. It's run its course and it will slowly wither away as the hardcore star wars fans start to migrate over to this new game. I think within the next year/year and a half, SOE will come out and say they're shutting down the servers.

I think it will. To be completely objective on it, it's been around for a long time and it's had a good run. The technology is outdated and there hasn't been new content made for it in a while. To be non-objective, I loved the game when I played, but now it seems stale to me. It's run its course and it will slowly wither away as the hardcore star wars fans start to migrate over to this new game. I think within the next year/year and a half, SOE will come out and say they're shutting down the servers.

News Flash! As much as it pains me to say it SOE is shutting down SWG today. Due to a crappy exclusivity clause in the contract SWTOR and SWG can not exist together so SWG is dying tonight at 9PST.

As a failing MMO with wasted potential and too little content? No, SWTOR cannot replace SWG.

I agree SWTOR is a failing MMO with wasted potential, not to mention millions of dollars, and very little content for how long they worked on it.

Thumbs up to you sir

also bonus wave

I agree SWTOR is a failing MMO with wasted potential, not to mention millions of dollars, and very little content for how long they worked on it.

Thumbs up to you sir

also bonus wave

Which has me worried that if another SW game comes out or even if this SW game does well and they make a TOR2. What will happen to this game?

News Flash! As much as it pains me to say it SOE is shutting down SWG today. Due to a crappy exclusivity clause in the contract SWTOR and SWG can not exist together so SWG is dying tonight at 9PST.

SWG was the best mmo ever, imo, but it died many years ago. What was left was simply a reminder and a shell of what was once pure awesome.

That's actually really sad and I never knew that. Makes me wish I could log on one last time. :(

There will be some things I miss about SWG. Mostly the RP friendly stuff like Appearance tab and bio page. But in the long run SWG missed its opportunity by catering too much to the 'dabblers' (my term for those who would jump in to try it out, complain that it wasn't WOW and then leave) and alienating the people who should've been their long term base. I stuck it out for a long time, but finally ditched about a year ago, when I realized that playing my DE was more like work than my actual job.

I have not played yet, but it has a real challenge ahead of it to replace the memories I have of SWG right after it came out.

They just don't (or can't) make em like that anymore. I suspect because it takes a while to learn to play and advance.

Thumbs up to you sir

also bonus wave

You DO know that your message contradicts itself.. right?

Allow me to paraphrase for clarity:

"Not enough to do, failing MMO"

"LET ME IN!!!"

Hmm, guess my house tomb stone substitute is gone forever now.... SWGEMU FTW btw. It has come a LONG way. Player housing works, so do most every class now. No space yet, but they're working on it.

Oh, they finally got housing to work?

May have to wander back in then..

You DO know that your message contradicts itself.. right?

Allow me to paraphrase for clarity:

"Not enough to do, failing MMO"

"LET ME IN!!!"

I want to experience the fail before I cancel my pre-order. I don't believe anything I read on the forums so until I experience the fail for myself how do I know that it is fail?

SWG was horrible at the end. It was originally the greatest MMO ever created, but they tried to make it something that it's not, which is a theme park game such as this. Had they left it a sandbox MMO, I'd say no. But fact of the matter is it was a failed attempt at a theme park game