[1.2] A Death Knell for many Healers

Solthar

Just posting this for general information.

If you have more trouble than usual finding a Healer post 1.2 it's because many of us have either unsubscribed, or rerolled their character (which I did). Why? Because healing is no longer fun, it is now frustrating. The only healers who might actually enjoy this patch are Operatives.

Some relevant Links:

There are many, many more posts on this issue, but these are some of the more active ones. Sadly, many the ones on the PTS have been lost.

This has been a general service announcement.

Hah, posted in general and moved in under 30 seconds!

Edited by Solthar

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have more trouble than usual finding a Healer post 1.2 it's because many of us have either unsubscribed, or rerolled their character (which I did). Why? Because healing is no longer fun, it is now frustrating. The only healers who might actually enjoy this patch are Operatives.

Some relevant Links:

There are many, many more posts on this issue, but these are some of the more active ones. Sadly, many the ones on the PTS have been lost.

We accept this and are sorry for your loss.

Some relevant Links:

Hah, posted in general and moved in under 30 seconds!

Sorry but your personal beliefs or feelings about something do not represent the community at large. I am sorry to report that these changes will not affect the number of healers in this game.

Please take this time to learn to adjust to change because Nerfs and buffs are part of any MMO.

Edited by dmanlong

Sorry but your personal beliefs or feelings about something do not represent the community at large. I am sorry to report that these changes will not affect the number of healers in this game.

Please take this time to learn to adjust to change because Nerfs and buffs are part of any MMO.

Step 1

Jump in a warzone

Step 2

Ask the healers how they are finding it.

Step 3

Come back and delete your comment.

This wasnt a nerf. a nerf would have been removing sacrafice. They halved the effect of expertise in PVP for healing and damage mitigation and increased the time to do our biggest heal by 1 second (75% cast time increase I think.. it is late here!!!).

Can we get a dev or a mod or someone to explain the maths behind the change because even though my maths isnt the best I cant work out how you can debuff healing and then go and buff damage (check your expertise damage buff next time you PVP)

Are you serious or just have your head stuck in the sand? I just unsubbed, so did our other BH healer and our sorc. Why play a game that blanket nerfs and entire class of character(healing) because of PvP whiners and the 1% NM raiding guilds?

And yes we have tried the new changes on a HM and yes it is NOT fun to heal anymore. I don't know about you but I play games to have fun and unwind from a hard days work.

Welcome to the new MMO e-sport.

Edited by Brakner

Hard to swallow but it is true. I hate the nerf to my Merc but learn to deal or leave is the way I see it.

At no stage did anyone say they werent a part of it. What most people are saying is that the rationale behind this hasnt been clearly communicated nor does it seem practical.

I can see the justification for QQing as a PVP healer. Not because healing is harder or some classes got nerfed, but because the rewards system for PVP is biased towards DPS/tanking. It means that good healing is simply not as rewarded with commendations as good damage or good protection.

I don't doubt that for PVE, it's a matter of adjusting your playstyle. For PVP it's a matter of lacking rewards.

Edited by Obtena

funny.

my buddy is a tank and we were talking last night. he said over the past few weeks when i'm not on (as my healer) it's been getting harder and harder to find healers.

also, quit making BS excuses for poor game design.

i played a WHM healer for over 3 years in FFXI, guess how many times my class was nerfed or buffed......ZERO

of course, ff14 was an epic failure full of bugs and unbalanced classes, but that's because people like you continue to sub and make excuses that "nerfs and buffs are part of any MMO" and that people need to "adjust and change" to games they pay monthly subscription fees to.

YOU are the reason modern MMOs launch as such garbage and after just THREE months of live they are already making sweeping "balance" changes in SWTOR.

by just taking it and going as far as to MAKE EXCUSES for them.

please take this time to learn that if people stopped making excuses and stopped paying monthly subs for games that need such contsant "change, that develpoers would learn to not release such flopping piles of garbage.....

Oh, I didn't realize you were the definitive voice of the healing community, dman. Where have you been?!?!?

Opinions =/= facts.

I love all your anecdotal evidence. I have some fun stories to share too that have no real value.

Lets see " The other day, I noticed that there were 200 people on the fleet and when someone spammed LF Healer for a hard Mode, I whispered them and guess what " they already found one" - conclusion - Healing is OP and there are too many healers.

These forums are full of nothing but little children crying about their class. I come here to look for intelligent posts and find nothing but fodder to wade through most of the time.

If you find these changes to your class too difficult to play, then you're probably a bad player. Good players make adjustments.

I love all your anecdotal evidence. I have some fun stories to share too that have no real value.

Lets see " The other day, I noticed that there were 200 people on the fleet and when someone spammed LF Healer for a hard Mode, I whispered them and guess what " they already found one" - conclusion - Healing is OP and there are too many healers.

These forums are full of nothing but little children crying about their class. I come here to look for intelligent posts and find nothing but fodder to wade through most of the time.

If you find these changes to your class too difficult to play, then you're probably a bad player. Good players make adjustments.

Ah yes the child card....full of IMHO too. Next your going to tell me the "you FEEL the changes are not to bad because you FEEL that healing is ok"?

So basically ignore the dozens of threads on the PTS that showed the BH healing is down over 25% across the board and there was zero "under the hood" changes made to help balance it? ( like the promissed)

Edited by Brakner

Ah yes the child card....full of IMHO too. Next your going to tell me the "you FEEL the chnages are not to bad because you FEEL that healing is ok"?

So basically ignore the dozens of threads on the PTS that showed the BH healing is down over 25% across the board and there was zero "under the hood" changes made to help balance it? ( like the promissed)

Where did I refute any of the evidence regarding BH changes? Your reply is not at all relevant to my statement. Where did I make mention of "under the hood changes"?

I stated "If you find these changes to your class too difficult to play, then you're probably a bad player. Good players make adjustments."

You're not going to suddenly see all the NMM bounty hunters stop healing.

Edited by dmanlong

funny.

my buddy is a tank and we were talking last night. he said over the past few weeks when i'm not on (as my healer) it's been getting harder and harder to find healers.

i played a WHM healer for over 3 years in FFXI, guess how many times my class was nerfed or buffed......ZERO

of course, ff14 was an epic failure full of bugs and unbalanced classes, but that's because people like you continue to sub and make excuses that "nerfs and buffs are part of any MMO" and that people need to "adjust and change" to games they pay monthly subscription fees to.

YOU are the reason modern MMOs launch as such garbage and after just THREE months of live they are already making sweeping "balance" changes in SWTOR.

please take this time to learn that if people stopped making excuses and stopped paying monthly subs for games that need such contsant "change, that develpoers would learn to not release such flopping piles of garbage.....

Cool story, bro.

Reality is that these games are complicated and balance has to be continually adjusted in every MMO. These games are living breathing entities that constantly change. Why don't you go play Skyrim or some single player game where everything remains static.

Anyone who thinks that the only problems with changes to healing specs come from whiners is (purposefully, perhaps) ignoring the constructive and objective feedback that been given. And there was a lot of it. There is certainly obnoxious, useless whining, but problems have been stated and restated. This isn't simply an issue with "lol l2adapt nubsause", but rather that many of these changes speak to an extremely flawed design strategy.

I'm not going to bother going much into the details, because if you actually care, you can find the threads and threads about it. Chances are if you actually care to be objective, you've already seen them or followed them. But we don't really have a lot of constructive, insightful posters in regards to healing left. They're either unsubbed or tired of dealing with the forum trash who are waiting to spring on any post and make some variation of the "lol u bad" post. If you'd rather just puff out your chest so you can pose as an e-pro in a sea of whiners and scrubs, no explanation will be sufficient.

Anyone who thinks that the only problems with changes to healing specs come from whiners is (purposefully, perhaps) ignoring the constructive and objective feedback that been given. And there was a lot of it. There is certainly obnoxious, useless whining, but problems have been stated and restated. This isn't simply an issue with "lol l2adapt nubsause", but rather that many of these changes speak to an extremely flawed design strategy.

I'm not going to bother going much into the details, because if you actually care, you can find the threads and threads about it. Chances are if you actually care to be objective, you've already seen them or followed them. But we don't really have a lot of constructive, insightful posters in regards to healing left. They're either unsubbed or tired of dealing with the forum trash who are waiting to spring on any post and make some variation of the "lol u bad" post. If you'd rather just puff out your chest so you can pose as an e-pro in a sea of whiners and scrubs, no explanation will be sufficient.

I think there are legitimate complaints with the changes and there are people offering constructive feedback, but claiming masses of the community are unsubbing or rerolling as the OP did in this thread doesn't qualify as constructive. This is just whining and it is the opposite of constructive. It makes it impossible to discuss things rationally because you basically are dealing with someone who is saying they are taking their ball and going home.

I don't think the OP has the right to speak for others and say that masses of people are unsubbing. However, it's fine for him to say that he plans to cancel - and that does count as feedback rather than whining.

I say that, because his assertion that his game-play has been sufficiently affected to make him cancel his subscription, is the clearest possible way for him to register how strongly he feels about the changes.

There have been quite a few players trying hard over the last months (since beta in fact) to suggest constructive ways to alter healing, that would actually improve game-play even with output nerfs. But it would seem that there has been little listening going on - and indeed, the tide of constructive alternative suggestions since the 1.2 patch notes came out, has similarly largely been ignored, it would appear.

Since feedback in forums and CSR tool seems to have failed, there are few other ways for us to really register how strongly we feel these changes affect us.

I'm sure that many people will continue to play and enjoy the game. I'm happy that this will be the case. But I personally have cancelled my account and will be watching the updates to see when/whether I want to re-activate it. My hope would be that BW tries to learn a little from these reactions, in how they approach change in the future - and if they do, I have hope that I will be back playing the game after some future updates.

X

Healing has gotten much more difficult in PvP. The expertise nerf was huge. I don't understand how it makes sens to give a dps class twice the benefit from expertise as a healing class.

I haven't gotten to try out healing in PvE yet, but from what I can tell in PvP it was significantly nerfed.

I am struggling to keep people alive right now, not to mention keep myself alive. It's not fun.

I don't think the OP has the right to speak for others and say that masses of people are unsubbing. However, it's fine for him to say that he plans to cancel - and that does count as feedback rather than whining.

I say that, because his assertion that his game-play has been sufficiently affected to make him cancel his subscription, is the clearest possible way for him to register how strongly he feels about the changes.

There have been quite a few players trying hard over the last months (since beta in fact) to suggest constructive ways to alter healing, that would actually improve game-play even with output nerfs. But it would seem that there has been little listening going on - and indeed, the tide of constructive alternative suggestions since the 1.2 patch notes came out, has similarly largely been ignored, it would appear.

Since feedback in forums and CSR tool seems to have failed, there are few other ways for us to really register how strongly we feel these changes affect us.

I'm sure that many people will continue to play and enjoy the game. I'm happy that this will be the case. But I personally have cancelled my account and will be watching the updates to see when/whether I want to re-activate it. My hope would be that BW tries to learn a little from these reactions, in how they approach change in the future - and if they do, I have hope that I will be back playing the game after some future updates.

X

Starting a forum thread about cancelling your subscription isn't constructive feedback. If he unsubs I promise you that Bioware will know about it. He doesn't need to start a forum thread about it. Posting it on the forums is the absolute definition of whining. He is telling the rest of us that he is taking his ball and going home. It isn't enough for him to vote with his dollar and use the "reason for leaving" comments section that I guarantee they have when you unsubscribe to give constructive feedback.

He wants the rest of us to see and feel for him and how bad this is for him.

Tell me again how that isn't whining. It kind of seems exactly like whining to me.

So basically ignore the dozens of threads made by same players on the PTS that showed the BH healing is down over same 25 people spam posting across the board for two months and there was zero "under the hood" changes made to help balance it.)

If there was going to have been any real change it required more than 2ppl putting in the time to do testing & the other dozen parroting 'don't nerf me bro'

Bovine Excrement.

I started seeing the effect of this on PvP before 1.2 actually hit.

Higher than normal numbers of extreme lowbies + a sudden, but severe drop in the amount of healers in the warzones.

You better believe this is an issue.

Or if you don't PvP, and don't raid, maybe it's just not important to you, which could be the case. If so, then please, continue not caring.

If there was going to have been any real change it required more than 2ppl putting in the time to do testing & the other dozen parroting 'don't nerf me bro'

If Bioware wanted real testing and feedback they could have facilitated it by putting a transfer system in place or at least an NPC that allowed you to jump to 50 to properly test instead of requiring people to spend weeks leveling up on a server that would just get wiped afterwards.

They didn't give any response to the testing that was done. That testing showed their prior responses to be inaccurate at best, btw.

funny.

FFXI had terrible balance too. AU Meripos anyone? As a WHM I'm sure you had to actually prove your **** to RDMs all the time. I played THF as a main, and we both know how that job was defined by one passive trait.

Not saying BW was right. In all honesty this is stupidity. Their napkin math in no way reflects the playerbase's need. What was needed was to increase merc and IA's AoE to Sorc's level, nerf Sorcs infinite resources abit, and nerf Merc's survivability. They instead made one of said above classes worthless.

Oh no they nerfed me and I haven't figured out how to adjust yet! Guess I'll just quit before really trying to solve the problem. Cry me a river, classes get adjusted, nothing can ever be perfect...and also whoever was talking about FF...theres a reason those games were crap and still are. I dont care if you liked it, it was terrible. Just like every other MMO that's been released, at least SWTOR has some flavor and isnt the same Korean Grindfest.

TLDR: Just roll with the punches and adjust as necessary, stop trying to blame everything on the devs because you cant adapt.

edit: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/ Here ya go guys, go read up...if people have finished the new raid already...they didnt nerf you enough to break the game. You're just unable to adapt. So go read then come back.

Edited by Valhalyn