! The New and Improved "Shadowstep" Bill for Concealment !

Gaucho

All concealment operatives and scoundrels are well aware they are at a disadvantage. I play a sorcerer and I feel that your advanced class is getting the low end of the stick big time. I put this together to let you know the community is aware. We are also aware that Bioware is not letting you all know you are at a disadvantage from everyone after leaving stealth and trying to attack someone.

Imagine YOUR Gap Closer

Portable Rakata Teleporter (Operative)

Activates a portable short-range Rakata Teleporter (Prototype), placing the user behind the Target and increasing movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

Does not require stealth.

Does not require Line of sight.

Energy: 15

Cooldown: 30s

Range: 30m

Express Delivery (Scoundrel)

Hacks a stolen mini Rakata teleporter to relocate the user behind a potential customer and increasing movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

Does not require stealth.

Does not require Line of sight.

Energy: 15

Cooldown: 30s

Range: 30m

Current state of affairs and

Unfair Position of

Operatives/Scoundrels

in Mobility

Thread to make us jeaolous: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383828

Warriors

• Has VERY STRONG damage mitigator, but no average heal , Extra life (tanks)
  • Trade benefit: Tank, will last a long a time
  • Can run the fastest
  • Have ranged attacks
  • Have MANY Gap closers (can avoid environment damage/death): Charge, Force Push > Charge, intercede (Charge in both ACs)
  • Large Peeling methods: Force Push (juggs)

Inquisitors

• Has STRONG damage mitigator, can self heal,
  • Trade benefit: Mobility and Tank
  • Can run Faster
  • Have MANY ranged attacks
  • Have Gap closer (can avoid environment damage/death): Force Pull, Force Speed (FS in both Acs) (FP in tank)
  • Large Peeling methods: Punt (overload) (Both ACs)

Bounty Hunters

• Has STRONG damage mitigator, can self heal
  • Trade benefit: Jack of all trades + Stealth Detector
  • Can run faster
  • Have many ranged attacks
  • Have MANY Gap closers (can avoid environment damage/death): Grapple, Jet Charge (Tank spec)
  • Large Peeling methods: Punts (Jet boost* and Rocket punch) (Dps and heal* spec)

Operatives (Concealment AC in specific)

• Has weak damage mitigator, has ONE very very slow weak heal, 2 heals if needed buff is available to produce 2nd heal.
  • Trade benefit: Stealth
    Note: Every concealment operative is well aware stealth is breakable if you spam any AOE or range attack since targeting is automatic on players who are aware of their surroundings and you are planning to attack. Meaning the operative must use stealth extremely well not to be noticed in warzones and PVE to use it effectively. This is what you call a very weak stealth system. Nerfing a class with a weak trade skill 3 times in a row is sending the wrong message to the community.
  • Can run faster
  • Have basic ranged attack
  • NO GAP CLOSER
  • Large Peeling methods: Cover Pulse and Ambush ( For Snipers Only and NOT mobile)

Edited by Gaucho

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

I would be really happy to finally have a gap closer on my operative that keeps getting nerfed for no apparent reason.

I appreciate your support man, and thank you for coming up with such a great idea.

I agree and would like a gap closer as an Operative...

Maybe -some- method of shadowstep would be good... but even "Rakata Teleporter" sounds kinda... fishy, weird, oblique for the classes..

Maybe just as fishy is to think of it as nano-tech that increases speed for a split second. Be it in front of you (Blink), or you choose which way you "run" (Radial Target mechanic).

I Wtb gap closer, for sure...

Even if it's more Nano-Tech Flashstep (Blink) or Some Variation of Teleport (Shadowstep)...

If it comes down to a blink.... I'd beg for it to be baseline, that is to say -not- just concealment spec. Medics have a hard time surviving for the same reasons Concealment has a hard time catching up.

Edited by MBates

I always thought that if we ever do get a gap closer, it shouldn't apply damage or an effect on the target like harpoon and charge does.

What I want to see in a IA gap closer

No damage/effect applied to anyone

Requires target (as opposed to self-buff like assassin speed)

Useable regardless of stealth status

Anyway, I would support a gap closer for IA in any incarnation.

Edited by Sanctioned

Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller

We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

I will traslate this statement from Georg

We have very measurable statistics that tell us a sorc was killed by a Operative, then that might be part of that, and if word got out many sorcs will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

if news f this got out people would QQ and quit the game

OP:

great ideas

another idea ithat would work is a 2 skill set up

first skill: marks a location: last until used death or reset does not break stealth

second skill: jump/teleport/rapidly skip/backflip/ tunnel whatever you want to that location, talented to generate advantage 30? range maybe?

and the class is fixed, without being OP or requiring a target, YaY healers can use it tooo

Edited by Lavrence

I'm fairly convinced that the only type of feedback these guys will listen to is massive negative feedback. I would suggest spamming the Inq/Consular/Warrior/Guardian/BH/Trooper forums, complaining about their gap closers, but the 24 of us that still play Ops/Scoundrels wouldn't have the same effect they had on us. :p Edited by Xavory

I'm fairly convinced that the only type of feedback these guys will listen to is massive negative feedback. I would suggest spamming the Inq/Consular/Warrior/Guardian/BH/Trooper forums, complaining about their gap closers, but the 24 of us that still play Ops/Scoundrels wouldn't have the same effect they had on us. :p

Sad, but true.

I think Georg seems to think the community is not aware of what they are doing. This game is played by extremely smart people, even beyond their own assumptions.

Personally, I think it was an insult to the intelligence of the community to even come up with the idea that a TEAM of Operatives would show up at all. I can assure you in my server this has never happened.

For one, The system to queue into warzones WILL NOT ALLOW you to have a TEAM of Operatives.

and two, after 1.2 It is not a smart idea nor a wanted idea to have a team of operatives since everyone wants to play a different class within a team.

I feel that the community playing the concealment tree has been ravaged by this comment.

Feel sorry for you guys.

Edited by Gaucho

Your wasting your time with this.

Despite the fact I'll sign it as well.

/sign

We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

Hey Georg,

Do those same measurable statistics tell you what an operative sees when they Q solo without a premade? Like the fact it has from time to time taken me 2-3 days to complete a daily in wz's. Like the fact just yesterday I ran a total of 40 warzones, and when I started I ran 15 warzones back to back and lost 14 out of the 15 warzones I was in? Does your statistics take that into account as well?

Does your statistics take into account 4-6 fresh level 50's with less than 13k HP and me being the most geared on the team? Does your statistics show you that while I'm good at what I do, I can't carry a whole team on my shoulders.

Edited by Ahebish

I'll /sign but I think gap closer for Operatives is a bit of a red herring. They not only need a gap closer, they need a better survivability cooldown because they are the squishiest class in the game atm which is a death sentence for a melee oriented class. A possible solution would be for a deep Concealment talent to make Evasion work against Tech and Force as well as Physical. Edited by CaptainInsano